RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graham Courtney - unless Caulkin is on as well

Ah yeah, I've heard him before. dustynrg's post threw me because he asked if it was the same Caulkin. :laugh:

I don't know who was supposedly on tonight talking about us, but someone on Toontastic said it was Caulkin and he was adamant something was happening tomorrow. Fuck knows.

aye the talksport north east correspondant is Graham Courtney. He used to be the Newcastle press officer in the Kevin Keegan days the first time round. I think he read out the press release for the press when Keegan resigned (the first time round)

someone posted this on nufcblog (i know not most reliable)

Dunno what its worth lads but as always, i had talksport on in the car back from work.

They were speaking to their correspondent within the North East who was under a completly different impression from that of the local tabloids.

According to him, he’s still very confident the meeting between Shearer, Ashley and co will go ahead, either tonight, tomorrow daytime, or tomorrow evening. He is also, under the impression that the club has actually been sold, with the new owner entering due dilligence now. He claimed the meeting between Ashley and Shearer was purely to inform Al of said events and explain how the club is going to move forward from here on in.

Probably a load of tosh but it was slightly refreshing to hear against all the doom and gloom since .com put their piece up, even if it is all rubbish!

haha if the club is already 'sold' it ties in with the arab guy having 'bought' a mystery club.

please note: not entirely serious.

its prob bollocks because if the club is already sold what is stopping them appointing a manager be it shearer or not. For what its worth i listen to talksport a lot at work and Graham Courtney is pretty reliable

not really.

Some people on here seem to be revelling in the fact they might be right that the club wont be sold before the end of the month. No-one give a fuck if your negative predictions are right. Let the rest of us live in hope and faith

not really.

Some people on here seem to be revelling in the fact they might be right that the club wont be sold before the end of the month. No-one give a f*** if your negative predictions are right. Let the rest of us live in hope and faith

I have ZERO faith in Ashley, sorry.

fair enough but does it help having people constantly trying to make their point over and over and over and over again so that when the club isnt sold in time they can say I told you so etc

fair enough but does it help having people constantly trying to make their point over and over and over and over again so that when the club isnt sold in time they can say I told you so etc

Our club has been raped good n prpoper,  you cant blame people for feeling down about it.

Graham Courtney - unless Caulkin is on as well

Ah yeah, I've heard him before. dustynrg's post threw me because he asked if it was the same Caulkin. :laugh:

I don't know who was supposedly on tonight talking about us, but someone on Toontastic said it was Caulkin and he was adamant something was happening tomorrow. f*** knows.

:-[  yay, courtney caulkin schmaukin.

That Courtney seems to be close to things usually though, although we're all clinging to massive size straws.

Our club has been raped good n prpoper,  you cant blame people for feeling down about it.

yeah fair enough mate. There are just a few people who bang on constantly about the same thing. Gets a bit annoying especially when you hope to see good news and all you get is the same old people with the same old negativity when the truth is no-one knows anything.

anyway im not on here for an argument ill leave that to others :)

it was more a jibe at the ever changing desperation in the title of this thread, and the tiresome speculation.

it was more a jibe at the ever changing desperation in the title of this thread, and the tiresome speculation.

I only change it because people moan about not knowing the latest, even if that latest is just the latest bullshit.

Graham Courtney used to work for Metro Radio back in the day. The fabled Charles Harrison commentated on our games, back then. However - we only got 2nd half 'live' commentary, with goal updates during the first half.

I don't know what to believe on the whole thing, but .com tend to be pretty reliable when it comes to tittle tattle.

yeah fair enough mate. There are just a few people who bang on constantly about the same thing. Gets a bit annoying especially when you hope to see good news and all you get is the same old people with the same old negativity when the truth is no-one knows anything.

I'm not arguing with you chief.  :coolsmiley:

I'm not arguing with you chief.  :coolsmiley:

i meant in general :)

I hate this I told you so crap. No body knows your background. Just because you say I told you so doesn't make you smart. If you think u r smart go to college or thrive on your work and careers. FACELESS WHORES....

this club sale is starting to get some people wound up.

I hate this I told you so crap. No body knows your background. Just because you say I told you so doesn't make you smart. If you think u r smart go to college or thrive on your work and careers. FACELESS WHORES....

;D

Graham Courtney used to work for Metro Radio back in the day. The fabled Charles Harrison commentated on our games, back then. However - we only got 2nd half 'live' commentary, with goal updates during the first half.

I don't know what to believe on the whole thing, but .com tend to be pretty reliable when it comes to tittle tattle.

Courtney and Harrison are both relics from the past, I doubt either of them have much first hand idea of what is going on. Reading between the lines though, Shearer keeping his options open suggests that he believes something is in the pipeline.

I remember listening to the Radio Newcastle's, Saturday afternoon show when we used to sit around the radio listening for "ITS A GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" and hoping it was the toon

Goodness knows who used to present that show