RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

However, a series of discussions are planned for the first half of this week, and both Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias are hoping to have identified their preferred bidder before the end of the week.

Hmm, I wonder what the criteria will be.

The cost of just keeping the club going on an even keel are very high for a CCC club. Good article the big one, I estimated the costs at 20m every three months and it doesn't seem to be far off that. Reg the sale I still believe 100m is fantasy land.

The cost of just keeping the club going on an even keel are very high for a CCC club. Good article the big one, I estimated the costs at 20m every three months and it doesn't seem to be far off that. Reg the sale I still believe 100m is fantasy land.

Aye, it's a harrowing read. Whoever buys the club is going to need double that £100m if they want us to go straight back up.

*gulp*

We're fucked.

Wasnt it said that we would see some serious movement over the weekend just gone?

Serious bowel movement more like! And I've seen enough of that from Fat Mike.

No I think they said Ashley and Llambias were off to Ascot as there would be little they could do before the end of the month.

Ah! So now we know why all the players have been so quick to claim they wanted to stay. Just so they were in line for their loyalty bonuses.

It's just so disgusting. These players were crap all season and sent us down a division and then further cripple the club by hanging on for every penny they can get.

Looks like the club is in massive trouble for sure.

Great article?  Its full of supposition, inaccuracies and unconfirmed rumour all shoved together to make things sound as bad as possible.

In our case it's probably x10 worse.

So it is cheaper to keep Colo and Smith for a year either playing for us, or out on loan? Make them stay until they request a transfer.

If Mike Ashley wasn't such a fat panicking beach ball he'd realise that he's better off keeping the players and going for promotion next season as the only players we will lose are the half decent ones on low wages. The damage has already been done, there's no point in making it worse by having a fire sale.

So it is cheaper to keep Colo and Smith for a year either playing for us, or out on loan? Make them stay until they request a transfer.

If Mike Ashley wasn't such a fat panicking beach ball he'd realise that he's better off keeping the players and going for promotion next season as the only players we will lose are the half decent ones on low wages. The damage has already been done, there's no point in making it worse by having a fire sale.

As long as we fire sale the right players, Duff (£1m), Butt (Free), Smith (£2m), Ameobi (£1m), Barton (£3m) while releasing some expensive crap (owen, Cacapa, McLoven & Viduka) we could loan out one or two bigger names for a year covering their wages and possibly getting a loan fee back.

Colo (£7m), Jonas (£6m), Bassong (£8m), Martins (£8m), Enrique (£5m) & Xisco (£4m) i'd like to see that happen too, or at least one or two of them if we cannot get the fees in brackets.

Our wage bill is reportedly £70m, we can sustain £30m in the CCC, lets go off media reports and say the top line of shite goes we'd get back £25m a year in wages plus a very nominal transfer fee. IF you want that would leave us with £20m short in wages covered, but it seems like for the last few years we've been 50% over the top on wages anyway, so the sustainable figure could possibly be higher.

Someone should be cleaning out the dead wood as we speak, no matter at what cost (fire sale) it then leaves us in a much better position to negotiate deals for our better players, but just because we think they are the better players doesn't mean they give a fuk, too many reports out of the dressing room say of players not giving a shite and i've got a hunch its more to do with the players on the second line who we all want to keep if possible.

Do you work for Seymour Pearce? :lol:

Only kidding, I like it when you keep things positive. Humour me by listing the errors please. :aww:

Was just going through the bit I thought was really inaccurate and had my post finished when I realised I'd misread what he'd written  :nope: :lol:

Still think its too full of supposition and written to make things seem as grim as possible.

He recons all transfer fee's have to be paid in full before a player is sold.  Has anyone else here ever heard of that rule?  If we have a contract to pay for a player in installments then why can't we sell that player and continue to pay for him in installments?  He also mentions a figure we'll have left to pay for the players we want to sell off (which is guesswork by the way as he has no idea what installment system we agreed to when signing each player).  Yet he doesn't even try to figure out what we're still owed for the players we've sold in that time.  Considering we've actually sold players for more money then we've spent since Ashley arrived it must be as significant number, if not more then the one we'd have to pay out.  He talks about image rights saying that they can be paid in two ways, 10% of merchandise with the players face on it or 10% extra on his yearly wage.  But he assumes we're paying every player extra on their wage, with no facts to back that up.  Considering the size of our wage bill (£70m) vs what we make on merchandise (£10m+?) it wouldn't make financial sense to pay it that way (£7m vs less then £1m) now I know this is Newcastle were financial sense seems to have gone out of the window for a long time but that doesn't mean its ok to assume the worst in every instance.

Its still an interesting and worrying article though.

It's what he says about signing-on fees, loyalty bonuses etc. that scares the shit out of me. Just to get rid of the fucking no-hopers who've relegated our club will end up costing us a fucking fortune. I mean, I knew this already, but when it's written down in B&W it makes you think.

Great article?  Its full of supposition, inaccuracies and unconfirmed rumour all shoved together to make things sound as bad as possible.

In our case it's probably x10 worse.

He's assumed the very worst possible outcome in every situation, so how could it be worse?  The article shouldn't be called "The true price of buying Newcastle United".  It should be called "Buying Newcastle United, a worst case scenario".

Guest neesy111

the firesale should have already started

i for 1 would not be sorry to see any of them go, most of them are useless piece's of shit's and i hope they all go to hell

Definitely, but can we do that with people looking to buy the club?  Surely any new owner would have to be involved in that decision.  This is why its so important for the new owner to come in as soon as possible.

Definitely, but can we do that with people looking to buy the club?  Surely any new owner would have to be involved in that decision.  This is why its so important for the new owner to come in as soon as possible.

Yes we can (going a bit Bob on you there). End of the day who wants Barton or Smith at the club for any longer than is necessary? Getting rid of them would only boost the clubs profile to have such shite off the books and cash in the coffers.

There are certain players this can be said about, others its important we hang on unless we get a very good offer which would be accepted by almost any party.

Doesn't mean we don't get the ball rolling, only a big bunch of thick twats would let a sinking ship drop anchor. oh.  :doh: