RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definitely, but can we do that with people looking to buy the club?  Surely any new owner would have to be involved in that decision.  This is why its so important for the new owner to come in as soon as possible.

Yes we can (going a bit Bob on you there). End of the day who wants Barton or Smith at the club for any longer than is necessary? Getting rid of them would only boost the clubs profile to have such shite off the books and cash in the coffers.

Would the new owners be happy to see Bassong or Beye flogged off though? There would be some knock on effect on the price of the club if they were I would think?

Definitely, but can we do that with people looking to buy the club?  Surely any new owner would have to be involved in that decision.  This is why its so important for the new owner to come in as soon as possible.

Yes we can (going a bit Bob on you there). End of the day who wants Barton or Smith at the club for any longer than is necessary? Getting rid of them would only boost the clubs profile to have such shite off the books and cash in the coffers.

Would the new owners be happy to see Bassong or Beye flogged off though? There would be some knock on effect on the price of the club if they were I would think?

Next line answers that.

'There are certain players this can be said about, others its important we hang on unless we get a very good offer which would be accepted by almost any party.'

Next line answers that.

Yes it does - after your edit.

There are certain players this can be said about, others its important we hang on unless we get a very good offer which would be accepted by almost any party.

Doesn't mean we don't get the ball rolling, only a big bunch of thick twats would let a sinking ship drop anchor. oh.  :doh:

Well I agree, and just about everyone on here would also, that certain players should go no matter what.  But obviously Ashley doesn't see it as so clear cut.  He may not want to risk any potential trouble caused by selling players before a sale is complete.  Or he may just not give a shit anymore and want to leave it all for the new owner, or a bit of both.

There are certain players this can be said about, others its important we hang on unless we get a very good offer which would be accepted by almost any party.

Doesn't mean we don't get the ball rolling, only a big bunch of thick twats would let a sinking ship drop anchor. oh.  :doh:

Well I agree, and just about everyone on here would also, that certain players should go no matter what.  But obviously Ashley doesn't see it as so clear cut.  He may not want to risk any potential trouble caused by selling players before a sale is complete.  Or he may just not give a shit anymore and want to leave it all for the new owner, or a bit of both.

I think he's sulking away and having nothing to do with the running of the club any more and just got people in to sell the club and put everything else on standby; its another mistake which undermines the club, but were all getting used to that now. :(

Do you work for Seymour Pearce? :lol:

Only kidding, I like it when you keep things positive. Humour me by listing the errors please. :aww:

Was just going through the bit I thought was really inaccurate and had my post finished when I realised I'd misread what he'd written  :nope: :lol:

Still think its too full of supposition and written to make things seem as grim as possible.

He recons all transfer fee's have to be paid in full before a player is sold.  Has anyone else here ever heard of that rule?  If we have a contract to pay for a player in installments then why can't we sell that player and continue to pay for him in installments?  He also mentions a figure we'll have left to pay for the players we want to sell off (which is guesswork by the way as he has no idea what installment system we agreed to when signing each player).  Yet he doesn't even try to figure out what we're still owed for the players we've sold in that time.  Considering we've actually sold players for more money then we've spent since Ashley arrived it must be as significant number, if not more then the one we'd have to pay out.  He talks about image rights saying that they can be paid in two ways, 10% of merchandise with the players face on it or 10% extra on his yearly wage.  But he assumes we're paying every player extra on their wage, with no facts to back that up.  Considering the size of our wage bill (£70m) vs what we make on merchandise (£10m+?) it wouldn't make financial sense to pay it that way (£7m vs less then £1m) now I know this is Newcastle were financial sense seems to have gone out of the window for a long time but that doesn't mean its ok to assume the worst in every instance.

Its still an interesting and worrying article though.

Are you officially worried now? FFS!

I would rahter hew left us alone until we were bought, he has made enough shite decisons already last thing we need is him doing anying else.

Sums it up really. He just needs to fuck off basically and it can't happen soon enough.

I would rahter hew left us alone until we were bought, he has made enough shite decisons already last thing we need is him doing anying else.

Sums it up really. He just needs to fuck off basically and it can't happen soon enough.

I'd like to see him swinging from the Sports Direct sign by a pair of his cheap tracky bottoms.

Guest toonlass

I'd like to see him swinging from the Sports Direct sign by a pair of his cheap tracky bottoms.

Its never going to happen like. The stitching won't hold man.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The ESPN deal could have massive implications for our sale especially if it is the yank consortium who are further down the line. They will get most of our games on, in America next year

Oh shit we arnt in the premier league!

The ESPN deal could have massive implications for our sale especially if it is the yank consortium who are further down the line. They will get most of our games on, in America next year

Oh shit we arnt in the premier league!

And it is ESPN UK and not ESPN USA

How much does Owen's departure put buyers off?

probably increases them.

It increases buyers off? If by this you mean it increases our chances of being sold, I'm not sure. I'd hope all of them expected him to leave, but the fact that, the wisdom on this forum aside, people think he's still a national treasure means that he's an asset, like it or not.

Guest Brazilianbob

No players are going to be sold before the sale of the club has been finalised, because at the moment they are assets (although most of us wouldn't agree) of the club and as such are part and parcel of the price Ashley is asking for the club, like the stock in a shop.  Obviously the players out of contract can go at the end of June when their contracts expire, i.e. the sell by date although we all know that most of the stock are well past that date and went off long ago!

Something has to happen soon, the vultures ate really sttarting to circle now, they will be picking off our players in no tome, Beye, Taylor and Enrique are just three that we cannot affords to lose but are three that lots of clubs will be after.

beye goes I die.

How much does Owen's departure put buyers off?

probably increases them.

It increases buyers off? If by this you mean it increases our chances of being sold, I'm not sure. I'd hope all of them expected him to leave, but the fact that, the wisdom on this forum aside, people think he's still a national treasure means that he's an asset, like it or not.

I'm sure the way they see it is that it's +£500,000 per month.