RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seymour Pierce has finally responded to my offer.  Evidently. topping the $5K mark has piqued their interest.  They wouldn't give me access to the "data room" but let me into the "data foyer".  Once in I was able to chat with a couple of fellas, one had a nick of "MAsher" and the other was "lollambias".  At first they were angry because "Keith won't let us talk to anyone" but they lightened up when I challenged them to some Tetris.  They didn't do so well and left  :dave:

For Chris Hughton's sake as well I hope this is done before we go to Ireland. He must be fed up. All he came in to do was give Keegan a hand, and he's ended up in charge of the club twice when it was at rock bottom and now looking likely to have to take control for at least a week.

Aye. Gash as a manager but I don't particularly hold anything against him.

He'll know he's basically doing it for fuck all too, as he'll be straight out of the door if/when Shearer is appointed. Fair play really.

I get the feeling Shearer will keep Hughton at least for the coming season.

It's got to be FFS in the driving seat on this.

Somewhere I read that the two interested parties were foreign, American and Middle East, unless FFS has changed his nationality like, nothing's impossible.

Why? He's not exactly loaded (relatively speaking).

It's amazing we treat him like something like a £35m fortune is pretty much living on the streets :lol:

Why? He's not exactly loaded (relatively speaking).

I feel it in da bones Dave. In a weird way fatty loves the club.

Like an abuser loves his battered wife.

False hopes

Newspaper reports in recent days had led to renewed optimism that the SJP log jam was set to clear and new owners would be announced - along with a permanent managerial appointment.

However we're now given to understand that talk of an early conclusion to the sale is premature and that the claims of Alan Shearer meeting Ashley etc. are false.

As things stand, pre-season training will begin next Wednesday with Chris Hughton at the helm. And as to who will be deciding which players are present - your guess is as good as ours...

From .com

Guest Jungle Barry

False hopes

Newspaper reports in recent days had led to renewed optimism that the SJP log jam was set to clear and new owners would be announced - along with a permanent managerial appointment.

However we're now given to understand that talk of an early conclusion to the sale is premature and that the claims of Alan Shearer meeting Ashley etc. are false.

As things stand, pre-season training will begin next Wednesday with Chris Hughton at the helm. And as to who will be deciding which players are present - your guess is as good as ours...

From .com

jesus wept

Guest Thomo

Yeah I remember when .com said we were going to sign John Arne Riise in January and the deal and terms were agreed, I agree that I think the papers may have better contacts than an unofficial website, lets face the facts, nobody knows what is really going on apart from the fat bloke, LLambastardi and that Orville bloke.

Guest Jungle Barry

True, but i'm getting really sick of the alternating good news/bad news. How many times have we heard "something should happen late this week early next" etc etc

its best to ignore everything until you see its done and dusted officially. Just play a game or do a hobby for the next week or something

all this shite/lies will drive you all to depression and madness.......although most of you are already too far gone..

I trust more what George Calkucin writes than the Biffa guys

Is that Caulkin the same guy who writes in the Times AND appears on Talksport as the North East correspondent? It never occurred to me they were the same person? Probably because I only half listen to TS as most of it is horse shite, yet Caulkin in the Times sees to be the real deal.

I trust more what George Calkucin writes than the Biffa guys

Is that Caulkin the same guy who writes in the Times AND appears on Talksport as the North East correspondent? It never occurred to me they were the same person? Probably because I only half listen to TS as most of it is horse shite, yet Caulkin in the Times sees to be the real deal.

Never thought it's quite a uncommon name like? :lol:

Did you hear him today? Someone on Toontastic said he was on.