RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

If Ashley genuinely wants out then he will prob just sell to FFS surely?

Yes but will Fat Boy really want the club when the horrors of the data room are seen? I think all these 4 parties will end up walking away, although its just a hunch that i'm basing that on.

If Ashley genuinely wants out then he will prob just sell to FFS surely?

Yes but will Fat Boy really want the club when the horrors of the data room are seen? I think all these 4 parties will end up walking away, although its just a hunch that i'm basing that on.

Most of the horrors in the data room were caused by him though.

Shearer informed two of the bidding parties wants him as a manger.........  Deals to be comleted by the end of this month or by next week by this time....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6564757.ece

Alan Shearer still No 1 choice at Newcastle United

George Caulkin

Alan Shearer has been assured by the outgoing hierarchy at Newcastle United that the two groups leading the bidding for the club are intent on installing him as manager.

Shearer has received a progress report from Derek Llambias, the managing director, the tone of which was markedly upbeat. A takeover is still on course to be announced by the end of this month and the club's record goalscorer remains the sole managerial candidate of note.

To protect the integrity of the bidding process, neither Shearer, Llambias nor Mike Ashley, the owner, are aware of the identity of the interested parties, who are vying to buy the club for £100million. They have, however, been kept informed of developments and the nature of discussions by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale.

Up to four groups - one of which is fronted by Freddy Shepherd, the club's former chairman - have been involved in substantive negotiations with Keith Harris, the executive chairman of Seymour Pierce, but two are understood to have moved ahead of the others in terms of demonstrating their financial strength and are eager to open talks with Shearer.

While the delay in appointing Shearer - who was in charge for the final eight matches of last season, culminating in relegation from the Barclays Premier League - on a full-time basis has prompted enormous frustration on Tyneside, a conclusion to the impasse may finally be approaching, even if relationships with any new owners would have to be forged.

There is no guarantee that Shearer's ambitious plans for rebuilding the first-team squad, which he submitted to Ashley in the immediate aftermath of relegation, would be approved, although the former England captain is reported to be optimistic.

Time is not on Newcastle's side, given that the players return for pre-season training in seven days and, as things stand, are to work under Chris Hughton, the coach. A programme of practice matches has been organised, but no players have been bought and, just as important, none have been removed from a crippling wage bill.

Shearer is convinced that the likes of Steven Taylor and Habib Beye, whose declarations of loyalty to Newcastle after relegation are being tested by a lack of activity and around whom he wishes to build his defence, will be persuaded to stay at St James' Park once he is named as a permanent successor to Joe Kinnear.

Great news. I trust Caulkin.

Off on holiday for two weeks tommorow, if this isn't sorted by the time I come back i'll... well, something. Involving a pair of tights and some nail varnish. And it won;t be pretty.

Cross dressing?

Off on holiday for two weeks tommorow, if this isn't sorted by the time I come back i'll... well, something. Involving a pair of tights and some nail varnish. And it won;t be pretty.

Cross dressing?

You saying I wouldn't be pretty as a cross dresser?  :knuppel2:

I thought they said that if the interested parties all wanted Shearer he could be appointed as an interim manager until the full takeover so he could get started on sorting this mess out.  Well the two parties that are closest to a deal both want him so get him in!  Fuck the other two!!

I thought they said that if the interested parties all wanted Shearer he could be appointed as an interim manager until the full takeover so he could get started on sorting this mess out. Well the two parties that are closest to a deal both want him so get him in! Fuck the other two!!

It won't happen, man. If the sale falls through Ashley can't (or won't) pay for him and his plans.

Surely we could write it in a contract the new board can release him for a nominal fee.

I doubt anyone in their right mind would buy the club in its current state and appoint anyone else than Shearer; unless there's another Mike Ashley out there dumb enough to think they know better. If so then signing up Shearer would be the best possible thing for the club to keep away potential fukers doing more damage than good.

Surely we could write it in a contract the new board can release him for a nominal fee.

I doubt anyone in their right mind would buy the club in its current state and appoint anyone else than Shearer; unless there's another Mike Ashley out there dumb enough to think they know better. If so then signing up Shearer would be the best possible thing for the club to keep away potential fukers doing more damage than good.

I don't think Shearer would go for that like.

In any case, I still think it's in the buyer's favour that Shearer is not yet appointed even if they plan to employ him anyway. In which case there's no rush for them. Ashley can't risk employing Shearer, and the new lot probably want to appoint him themselves. That'll be why nothing is happening. Unfortunately the club is rotting all the while.

I wish to get some one with solid sport personality kinda person like Randy Lerner of Villa. He  is drama free and a sport person the likes of FFS have been here so much drama are involved with them and they are not my cup of tea.....

I thought they said that if the interested parties all wanted Shearer he could be appointed as an interim manager until the full takeover so he could get started on sorting this mess out.  Well the two parties that are closest to a deal both want him so get him in!  Fuck the other two!!

It won't happen, man. If the sale falls through Ashley can't (or won't) pay for him and his plans.

I didn't mention a long term contract though.  I know they couldn't do that as the new owners, and Shearer himself, would need to discuss their plans first.  But they could put him in charge as an interim manager until the takeover is complete, which is what they said they would do if all parties agreed they wanted him anyway.  That way he can take the start of training and work on future plans in an official capacity and when the new owner comes in they can look at a long term deal.  Obviously as we all suspected it was yet more empty promises from Llambias.

I didn't mention a long term contract though.  I know they couldn't do that as the new owners, and Shearer himself, would need to discuss their plans first.  But they could put him in charge as an interim manager until the takeover is complete, which is what they said they would do if all parties agreed they wanted him anyway.  That way he can take the start of training and work on future plans in an official capacity and when the new owner comes in they can look at a long term deal.  Obviously as we all suspected it was yet more empty promises from Llambias.

They didn't say they'd do that though, they just said it was a theoretical possibility. In fact Llambias specifically said any appointment would be left to the new owners.

“There could be some movement regarding Alan Shearer at the end of this week or early next week,”

“We will not be making any decision on Alan as manager, that is not up to us, that is down to the groups who are buying the club. If they want to appoint him, then it’s up to them. We will speak to them about it. If they do want Alan then something could be done in the next few days. That’s where we are at this stage and everything is on going.”

Bit wishy-washy really. As you say, probably just to try shut the fans/papers up for a bit.

For Chris Hughton's sake as well I hope this is done before we go to Ireland. He must be fed up. All he came in to do was give Keegan a hand, and he's ended up in charge of the club twice when it was at rock bottom and now looking likely to have to take control for at least a week.

For Chris Hughton's sake as well I hope this is done before we go to Ireland. He must be fed up. All he came in to do was give Keegan a hand, and he's ended up in charge of the club twice when it was at rock bottom and now looking likely to have to take control for at least a week.

Aye. Gash as a manager but I don't particularly hold anything against him.

He'll know he's basically doing it for fuck all too, as he'll be straight out of the door if/when Shearer is appointed. Fair play really.