RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dunno, I don't think you can really buy a football club as a proper business investment, surely making a profit is almost impossible?

Mebbe it's me being simple, but isn't it quite feasible to buy us at this knockdown price, get us promoted this season and get us sustained in the Premier League and watch our value go up?

I guess so, if you could be certain of quick promotion and then a sale at in inflated price. I just think there are easier investments, and more profitable ones.

Anyway, I don't object to an owner making money, as long as that is from making us successful.

been out the country for 20 days. not due back for another 4 yet, and still nothings happened.

f***ing typical.  was hoping my absence would somehow mean a breakthrough.

Not in a Mike Ashley time warp.

I suspect he has nowt but shit or below his 100 million asing price and is holding out until the very last.  Which in turn would pretty cripple the club in the near future for anyone who does buy it.

Fingers crossed, but I don't understand how they can speak to the media so often with that clause  :undecided:

I think the clause only really stops them from divulging confidential financial information regarding the club. I would think any prospective buyers can shout as loud as they want as long as they don't say anything about what is in the club's books. They have said they'd made a bid, but have still fallen short of saying how much that bid is for

Fingers crossed, but I don't understand how they can speak to the media so often with that clause  :undecided:

As explained before a non-disclosure agreement simply means they can't go about talking about the club's finances that they have seen during due dilligence.

Profitable group is better option for us untermes of plans and sound management. They this stratgicaly and that is a big plus as far as I am concerned.

It's driven me to drink as well.

I want to know how Keith Harris is being paid.

From what I understand, Harris is the middleman who gets to veto inappropriate bids.

If Harris is getting commission, what would be his incentive to approve a lower bid if he reckons he can negotiate a more lucrative deal in six months?

Thought this was an interesting comment.

"He's lost a lot of money on it, but he was there when Newcastle needed him. OK, it hasn't worked out for him as a business, but we don't intend to steal it off him, that's for sure.''

Maybe whilst doing due-diligence themselves they've realised just how f*cked we were financially even before he came in.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Problem is, I can see Ashley looking at our pre-season results so far and knocking back the bids thinking it'll be easy to get us back up where he can sell up for much more.

Yes, I think he's that stupid and indignant.

Funny you shopuld say this as i've been thinking the same thing........ I'm sure the fat man's advisers  will have given him all the possible out comes and given that he thinks season tickets are selling he may do the unthinkable :facepalm:

I can't belive he got to where he has in life...........

Amazing!!! :dave:

I think Harris broker good deal for Aston Villa and Man City in the past. Last fall because of the economic crunch our chances collapsed. I also belive the asking price of 100 mil is too high. Ashley got this club two years ego with all the potential and Premier league football for 134 mil. Now with all his stinkey job we relgated and the club is in lots of trouble. with wages and all other burdons for him to excpect only 34 mil loss on us is very unrealistic.

If the club have some sort of trust with the help of the city this guy should be sued for all his action. Not only he killed us in the past two years he is deeping our grave now by not putting realistic price on the club and not to put a manger in.

I can't belive he got to where he has in life...........

Amazing!!! :dave:

I thought one of the virtues of capitalism was that there were no rewards for failure or incompetence. Ashley is either an exception which proves the rule or something that demonstrates that's a load of bollocks.

I think Harris broker good deal for Aston Villa and Man City in the past. Last fall because of the economic crunch our chances collapsed. I also belive the asking price of 100 mil is too high. Ashley got this club two years ego with all the potential and Premier league football for 134 mil. Now with all his stinkey job we relgated and the club is in lots of trouble. with wages and all other burdons for him to excpect only 34 mil loss on us is very unrealistic.

He paid nearly 250m in total for the club.

134m for the club and over 100m to repay debts.