RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I know an Iranian, what do you want translated?

He needs to find the actual article on this website:

http://www.ilna.ir/

Sent him an email, hopefully i get a reply, not sure if he's got constant access to the net though, probably find out tis a fake by then.  bluelaugh.gif

even though it doesnt "get" me (no-script  :aww: ) rick rolling should be a bannable offence. what if someone at work clicks the link and get fired because of it?

You deserve to get sacked if you browse the forum when working

wud rather stick with ashley. I dont want us importing iranian players and coaches and before you know it we've got bus loads of iranian fans coming over. FCUK that. We'd be the geordie  ira

Explain?

Has this been posted yet?

Newcastle could be in the hands of new owners in the next seven days with Kevin Keegan sensationally installed as manager for a third spell at St James' Park.

Newcastle's managing director Derek Llambias claims he is preparing to meet Dubai tycoon Sirous Mahjoob in the next few days to thrash out a £100m deal - although he insists there are other offers on the table.

Speaking after Newcastle's goaless draw at home to Leeds United in front of just 16,000 fans, Llambias told The Sun: 'We are dealing with several people and giving most of our time and attention to the sale.

Third time lucky? Proposed new owners want Kevin Keegan installed as manager

'You must remember that some parties make offers but when it comes to putting up proof of funds they are a long way from sealing a deal.

'But I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week.'

Llambias also revealed caretaker-boss Chris Hughton will be in charge of Newcastle's opening clash at West Brom when the Championship kicks off on August 8.

He explained Alan Shearer had not been appointed in case the new owners did not want him.

Llambias added: 'It's Catch 22 - anyone who signs a deal will want their own choice of manager.

'Look what happened when Mike took over, Sam Allardyce was already in place and he didn't want him.'

The Sun reports should Mahjoob be successful in buying Newcastle, he will hand over £40m for new players but wants Keegan appointed as boss.

His spokesman said: 'The money is there. Mr Mahjoob has a healthy interest in football and is bidding to take over an ailing club with a great worldwide reputation.

'He envisages a clean sweep with Kevin Keegan coming back as manager, this time with his own staff and control of players.

'Last time Keegan inherited a lot of people he didn't necessarily want and we don't want the same situation again.

'He has nothing against Shearer. He just thinks Keegan retains greater global appeal.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1203221/Return-King-Kev-Dubai-tycoon-wants-install-Kevin-Keegan-Newcastle-boss-succeeds-100m-takeover-bid.html

what aload of old fooking bollox, every fooking site is rehashing the same story that came from the Sun.  Lazy fooking journos!

bullsh1t!    :kinnear:

How is that arabian site rehashing the SUN? :lol:

you really believe any of those quotes from either source?  wake up man!    

same fooking story mate, written differently,. to avoid plagiarism ofcourse,   the Sun mentions an arab in Dubai,   that fooking iranian website mentions some guy based in UAE which is where Dubai is in.  

same fooking sh1t.  Are you that stupid?

Bollocks, where are the quotes in the sun?  They mention the same name, that's the only similarity.

Right swear filter off, now to get you to quote properly.  O0

hahaha

wud rather stick with ashley. I dont want us importing iranian players and coaches and before you know it we've got bus loads of iranian fans coming over. FCUK that. We'd be the geordie  ira

Explain?

Fighting for the freedom of the Geordies in the middle of North East's Iranian settlemet. Blatantly.

even though it doesnt "get" me (no-script  :aww: ) rick rolling should be a bannable offence. what if someone at work clicks the link and get fired because of it?

Fuck, do you? :blush:

Would a single Iranian player manage to get a work permit?

Why wouldn't they... just out of interest? (Sure there's a valid reason, just not that clued up on it). There's been plenty of players from that quarter over in this league. Think Teymourian's the latest Iranian import?

as long as the country is within the top 70 of the Fifa rankings, Premier league rules allow it....so yes.

Fuck, do you? :blush:

No? Perks of being unemployed.

Dont forget he'll need two weeks to pass the fit and proper persons test.

I can imagine a big stand-off on appointments, signings etc over that period, especially if Keegan is involved.

Dont forget he'll need two weeks to pass the fit and proper persons test.

I can imagine a big stand-off on appointments, signings etc over that period, especially if Keegan is involved.

If they're supremely confident of there being no snags, things might be done whilst that is going on. Maybe not signings, but a managerial appointment is very possible considering how close we are to the season.

I seriously can't see Kevin Keegan coming back a third time. The fiasco with Ashley last season really increased the risk of his reputation being tarnished. If he encounters the same waters as last time, he'll be questioned on why he ever came back.

Now considering that this bid by Mahjoob does get through, wouldn't Keegan's desire for the ability to have a say in transfers be compromised? Already from the start, we can see an attitude which seeks transfer control with the owners. In the interview, Mahjoob constantly talks about Iranian football. Obviously it suggests controlled transfer targets.

I can't see Keegan or another 'respectable' manager coming in with those constraints.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Guest Heneage

I don't know why but the fact Dave believes this, makes me believe it.

Where on earth did I say I believe it?

:-[

I sort of assumed from the way you were typing/talking.

I don't know why but the fact Dave believes this, makes me believe it.

Where on earth did I say I believe it?

:-[

I sort of assumed from the way you were typing/talking.

I'm open-minded about it tbh. It's probably bollocks, but may well not be. Fuck knows, basically.

One thing I do know for certain though is that it's more interesting than weeks on end of absolutely nothing.