RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think James is taking this a bit too seriously. Just shows he lacks emotional maturity.

No, it just shows that I've strong beliefs that every human should be free, and that I'm not morally bankrupt like some people.

What about the kids who work in sweatshops to produce the shoddy clothing sold in Mike Ashley's shops and online businesses. Do they prick your consciences too? Are all your clothes fair-trade? Do you only buy chocolate that is fair trade? And coffee, tea and sugar? And cereals? Cos I bet you that you don't.

I've bought some beer before because it was fair-trade.

Yeah but you're not preaching to us about how these Omani blokes are the devil incarnate.

I don't class myself at naive but I'd rather not have this Sultan person as owner if all the stories are true.

Supporting NUFC is difficult enough without having a criminal and evil dictator as our owner. :lol:

I don't class myself at naive but I'd rather not have this Sultan person as owner if all the stories are true.

Supporting NUFC is difficult enough without having a criminal and evil dictator as our owner. :lol:

Watch it turn out to be wor Kim from N Korea.

:lol:

That might be worth it just for the comedy value.

If other fans hated us for Bowyer and Barton, they'd fucking love us with wor Kim in charge.

Guest toonlass

I think James is taking this a bit too seriously. Just shows he lacks emotional maturity.

No, it just shows that I've strong beliefs that every human should be free, and that I'm not morally bankrupt like some people.

What about the kids who work in sweatshops to produce the shoddy clothing sold in Mike Ashley's shops and online businesses. Do they prick your consciences too? Are all your clothes fair-trade? Do you only buy chocolate that is fair trade? And coffee, tea and sugar? And cereals? Cos I bet you that you don't.

Ridiculous comparison. James can make his own answer, but I buy fair trade a lot though, but by your definition, no one unless they are absolutely squeaky clean on everything always should ever take a stand against anything else that is wrong even when it is EVEN WORSE. No one unless they are filthy rich can afford to always make a stand on everything, but that does not mean that they have to support the takeover of NUFC by the ruler of a country which is on the UN blacklist for human trafficking.  No wonder the original slave trade lasted so long and would have lasted even longer if everyone had to be morally pure before they said anything about it.

Bullshit. He was going on about people in Oman being made into slaves. I am asking him if he is against the exploitation of people in other areas of trade and making a stand about it. The two are related.

If other fans hated us for Bowyer and Barton, they'd f***ing love us with wor Kim in charge.

I'd laugh at my own club and be perfectly happy about it. It will probably be the most entertainment NUFC has ever given me.

You never know. He might see it as a good way to make some new friends, being as wonely as he is.

http://greg.org/archive/team_america_kji.jpg

I wov the toon!

If other fans hated us for Bowyer and Barton, they'd f***ing love us with wor Kim in charge.

I'd laugh at my own club and be perfectly happy about it. It will probably be the most entertainment NUFC has ever given me.

Their gonna have to do something in the line of having an Evil Dictator as owenr to add to the Comedy Value we got this season.

Guest Heneage

You never know. He might see it as a good way to make some new friends, being as wonely as he is.

I wov the toon!

I just imagined Ashley singing "I'm so Ronry" in the board room.

I wov the toon!

I just imagined Ashley singing "I'm so Ronry" in the board room.

Guest BooBoo

Yep, we had enough of that under that Pirate, Westwood.

Yep, we had enough of that under that Pirate, Westwood.

Cunt only needed a parrot.

Just to clarify, Oman, led by its Sultan who people appear to want to be involved is on the highest level on the Human trafficking scale with:

Algeria

Iran

Oman

Sudan

Burma

Kuwait

Papua New Guinea

Syria

Cuba

Korea, North

Qatar

Fiji

Moldova

Saudi Arabia

American list by any chance?

An American report created by the Bush administration nonetheless. So it must be the truth.

I refuse to drink any tea or coffee. The only sugar I have is that which is mixed up with other foods, and I don't eat Nestle. It is hard to get fair-trade clothes, but I try to shop in places that are a bit more reputable.

Ultimately, those being exploited in their home countries at least have a choice, and can bring home money to their family each day. Unlike those in Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE and suchlike. Fact is, in India, there are practices that were going in the UK a hundred years ago, while the UK abolished slavery over 200 years ago.

Let this Sultan in without complaint, and you are accepting one of the biggest evils in the world. Those from the plantations in the US were restricted in terms of human rights 100 years later, but the progress came eventually, and as such, exploitation is a lesser evil generally representing the transition from slavery to free will. You can't just go and free every child in a sweatshop, progress must come within.

However to do business with a country which has shown no willingness to improve its human rights is pretty much as bad as you can get.

I refuse to drink any tea or coffee. The only sugar I have is that which is mixed up with other foods, and I don't eat Nestle. It is hard to get fair-trade clothes, but I try to shop in places that are a bit more reputable.

Ultimately, those being exploited in their home countries at least have a choice, and can bring home money to their family each day. Unlike those in Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE and suchlike. Fact is, in India, there are practices that were going in the UK a hundred years ago, while the UK abolished slavery over 200 years ago.

Let this Sultan in without complaint, and you are accepting one of the biggest evils in the world. Those from the plantations in the US were restricted in terms of human rights 100 years later, but the progress came eventually, and as such, exploitation is a lesser evil generally representing the transition from slavery to free will. You can't just go and free every child in a sweatshop, progress must come within.

However to do business with a country which has shown no willingness to improve its human rights is pretty much as bad as you can get.

Cosmic

Does it annoy you that i'm sat here clad in Primark gear, drinking Coca-Cola with one hand and swinging a small brown baby around with the other?

nufc.com

The first alleged buyer to come to the surface since Sunday's news about the club being put back on sale is Sultan Qaboos bin Said of Oman (pictured here -  complete with toon army headgear):

Monarch of the oil-rich Gulf state since 1970, the Sultan has sole power over law-making, having only advisors in place of any elected parliament.

The Chronicle claim that an Omani group believed to have the backing of the Sultan have made contact with investment bankers Seymour Pierce.

It's assumed that they are handling the sale, although no formal announcement of that has come. That's in contrast to the sale attempt made in September 2008 when Keith Harris of Seymour Pierce was happy to give quotes to the media about his attempts to find a new owner.

However The Chronicle look to have missed a trick by not giving one resident of Oman a phone call - former Magpies goalkeeper John Burridge lives in the capital, Muscat.

And were anything to materialise to lift this tale from the realms of the Arabian Nights into reality, then we may have to be careful what we write - a recently amended law allows the Sultan to prosecute anyone associated with websites posting anything he finds objectionable...

By the way, the Sultans' favourite colours are red & white, which are the kit colours of the Oman national side - who just happen to play at a ground named after their ruler.

Do you refuse to drink tea or coffee because of the human rights issues you've posted or because you don't like tea & coffee?

Guest Mucky01

does everyone believe the habitual liar Ashley when he says he’s trying to sell up?

Is it just another transfer window smokescreen to keep his wallet fat and the fans off his back?

does everyone believe the habitual liar Ashley when he says he’s trying to sell up?

Is it just another transfer window smokescreen to keep his wallet fat and the fans off his back?

keep his wallet fat ?

so far he is about 230mill down on the deal.