RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

Someone listens to Talk Sport and reads too much Louise Taylor.

The only people who spout that s**** are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

Pretty ironic that you mentioned her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/06/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-joe-kinnear

TBF Dave, that;s not too bad an article. Apart for the Ssshteve Mac bit.

She's improved a little bit recently, still despise her though.

Kezman - are we not allowed to do certain things just because they may, at times, fall into a lazy stereotypical image?

Thomson, name me one example of when a club in the Premier League has protested with success, I can name a fair few that have fallen on their arses by doing it. 

Go on then.

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

The only people who spout that s**** are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/06/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-joe-kinnear

Kezman - are we not allowed to do certain things just because they may, at times, fall into a lazy stereotypical image?

Thomson, name me one example of when a club in the Premier League has protested with success, I can name a fair few that have fallen on their arses by doing it. 

Go on then.

Why the PL?

Surely the change needed is particular to the circumstances for that particular club?

The Magpie Group protests and the Shepherd protests are two that I can name.

Go on then.

Why the PL?

Surely the change needed is particular to the circumstances for that particular club?

No I mean I want him to name protests that have resulted in Premier League clubs "falling on their arse."

Guest Heneage

Go on then.

Why the PL?

No I mean I want him to name protests that have resulted in Premier League clubs "falling on their arse."

No I meant the protests falling on their arses in terms of it achieved nothing. The liverpool Gillet ones, and FC Manchester one's didn't stop the Glazers owning United did it, see ticket sales drop at either stadium? Nope.

Fuck it, I guess this isn't happening either. (And I'm not basing that on just Oliver's drivel)

I guess the best remaining option now is to give up hope for a savior and see what we can do with Ashley staying and no incoming transfers.

If we're stunningly lucky he may at least appoint a manager.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oliver has no more insight on this than anyone else.

I agree big geordie. He talks about meeting Moat at St James park when all of the other papers during the week have had Moat in London

Guest Brummiemag

According to Sports week on Radio 5 this morning (and on the radio 5 sports news) they are saying that Ashley may take the club back off the market and if he does he may appoint O'leary as Manager

According to Sports week on Radio 5 this morning (and on the radio 5 sports news) they are saying that Ashley may take the club back off the market and if he does he may appoint O'leary as Manager

Fatman can do that but he wont get the offers he is looking for next season if we are still in the championship.

Unless he is hoping that we'll be top of the champs at christmas leading into the transfer window, so it would be an chance for a buyer to bring in players to complete a promotion charge.

Fuck it, you never know with fatman.

Biggest CUNT on the planet.

FACT.

Was thinking after the final whistle yesterday that Ashley was probably thinking "Aha!  If we can get a draw in probably our hardest game of the season without a manager, then with a brilliant manager like Joe Kinnear we'll walk this league, winning every game.  In fact, we could probably sell a few more players and be fine.  I'd be an idiot to sell now when I can ask for £400m again when we're in the Premier League.  Mike, you're a genius!"

If Ashley doesn't sell the club before the end of this transfer window he's obviously expecting, against all the odds, for Newcastle to be at the top of the league by January. There is no other way he could expect to still get £100m for the club. If Newcastle aren't in the running for promotion in January who would buy the club for his price?

This is what I expect to happen as Fat Ash as it will be consistent with his previous decisions which always lead to ultimate failure in the end. Expect the dithering, blithering idiot to have it back up for sale in a year's time.

Barry deal so REMOAT (People)

Oliver reckons hes only interested in buying a box!

This was on SSN review of the papers this morning by Darren Lewis as an AO exclusive

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=21583701%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

Thought he was supposed to have paid for his box for a few years in advance on the condition that the money was put into the Academy.

Barry deal so REMOAT (People)

Oliver reckons hes only interested in buying a box!

This was on SSN review of the papers this morning by Darren Lewis as an AO exclusive

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/tm_method=full%26objectID=21583701%26siteID=93463-name_page.html

Thought he was supposed to have paid for his box for a few years in advance on the condition that the money was put into the Academy.

Exactly. More made up shite.

Yep that's on the ticker on the BBC site as well.