RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I couldn't give a f*** if the buyer invests their own money tbh, if they run the club sensibly and with ambition we'll be fine. The potential is there; a small amount of speculation will see us up, cut the dead wood (Geremi etc) and get in a manager who you trust and back them within reason. Don't need to be especially wealthy to make a decent success of this club.

And there it is. It really is f***ing easy to make this club a success as all one needs is common footballing sense. Ashley and his cronies have clearly lacked this and here we are, slowly clawing back to normalcy despite the fat one's ineptitude.

:facepalm:

I wish.

If it was as easy as you make out how come the people who have done the best job of trying in over half a bloody century are despised by so many and thought of as s***, unless the "so many" who think this way are total know-nowts?

You tell me, mate.

tell me who they are. the vast majority think they done very well for a while then lost it in their last few years in charge.

Unfortunately in some peoples world view opinions are immutable and indivisible by time period. 

Thinking a film started well means you have to stand by the whole film being good, even if it ended weakly.  Conversely, expressing the opinion that it ended weakly means you think it was all s****.  There is no way for them to reconcile having two opinions about the same thing at different time periods.

Such a pretentious comment. Was that a team effort with your class-mates?

A very valid point made by Thomas tbh.

That's it! I'm telling my mummy about you  :weep:

I couldn't give a fuck if the buyer invests their own money tbh, if they run the club sensibly and with ambition we'll be fine. The potential is there; a small amount of speculation will see us up, cut the dead wood (Geremi etc) and get in a manager who you trust and back them within reason. Don't need to be especially wealthy to make a decent success of this club.

Ashley was lambasted for not investing heavily. Pretty certain he did exactly what you've just asked for, until the Wise/Keegan situation.

I'm pretty sure Ashley didn't do any of what I asked; run the club sensibly (allowed wage bill to bloat further and then refuse transfers - not that sensible) and with ambition (def not). A small amount of speculation (made a profit on transfers...nope, no speculation) and cut the dead wood (brought more in than he's shipped out). Get in a manager who you trust (didn't do that) and back them (def not).

Wot he said. Exactly.

I couldn't give a f*** if the buyer invests their own money tbh, if they run the club sensibly and with ambition we'll be fine. The potential is there; a small amount of speculation will see us up, cut the dead wood (Geremi etc) and get in a manager who you trust and back them within reason. Don't need to be especially wealthy to make a decent success of this club.

And there it is. It really is f***ing easy to make this club a success as all one needs is common footballing sense. Ashley and his cronies have clearly lacked this and here we are, slowly clawing back to normalcy despite the fat one's ineptitude.

I wish.

If it was as easy as you make out how come the people who have done the best job of trying in over half a bloody century are despised by so many and thought of as s***, unless the "so many" who think this way are total know-nowts?

You tell me, mate.

tell me who they are. the vast majority think they done very well for a while then lost it in their last few years in charge.

Unfortunately in some peoples world view opinions are immutable and indivisible by time period. 

Thinking a film started well means you have to stand by the whole film being good, even if it ended weakly.  Conversely, expressing the opinion that it ended weakly means you think it was all s****.  There is no way for them to reconcile having two opinions about the same thing at different time periods.

It would be if there was any truth behind it.

Do you honestly believe "Fat Fred" was being slated on this forum only toward the end, because that's the rubbish Thomas seems to be spouting that you say is a valid point.

It is obvious the period when "Fat Fred" was in charge ended weakly, everyone knows that, but that isn't what was going on from people posting on this forum. No, people were dripping on about FFS a very long time before that. I know these fools won't want to admit they were spouting shite, but that's the truth of it.

I wish.

You tell me, mate.

Thinking a film started well means you have to stand by the whole film being good, even if it ended weakly. Conversely, expressing the opinion that it ended weakly means you think it was all s****. There is no way for them to reconcile having two opinions about the same thing at different time periods.

That's it! I'm telling my mummy about you :weep:

What if i tell you that it is?

Does that make any difference?

no?

This argument have been up countless of times, you guys will never agree...

I think the old board was mint, until Shep took full control at the end, he lost the plot. And strugle to get the ends to meet. I could with all honesty not see how he could get us out of it. Shoot me. :pow:

What difference does it make whether Fat Fred was a moron or a genius? He sold his shares and left with a nice wedge. Is there really any point in dragging up these tired old arguments year after year? If Shepherd didn't want to sell at a high profit he could have bought the Halls out and took the club private assuming he could raise the cash. If he couldn't then it's pointless discussing his merits.

I wish.

You tell me, mate.

no?

I think the old board was mint, until Shep took full control at the end, he lost the plot. And strugle to get the ends to meet. I could with all honesty not see how he could get us out of it.  Shoot me.  :pow:

You can tell me that if you like, but you'll be wrong. Do you seriously believe Fred was being slaughtered on this forum only toward the end?  :laugh:

What difference does it make whether Fat Fred was a moron or a genius? He sold his shares and left with a nice wedge. Is there really any point in dragging up these tired old arguments year after year? If Shepherd didn't want to sell at a high profit he could have bought the Halls out and took the club private assuming he could raise the cash. If he couldn't then it's pointless discussing his merits.

It needs to be said because people make rash statements such as it being easy to turn this club into a success and other daft comments such as they don't want to see "son of fred" in charge (whatever that means). The fact is it is not easy to turn a football club into a success, implying it is easy does a disservice to a group of people who did a decent job for most of their time in charge. I realise I'm pissing against the wind because their work wasn't appreciated (and still isn't) by a lot of members of this forum. They even take large crowds for granted, as though we've always had large crowds.

I wish.

You tell me, mate.

no?

I think the old board was mint, until Shep took full control at the end, he lost the plot. And strugle to get the ends to meet. I could with all honesty not see how he could get us out of it.  Shoot me.  :pow:

You can tell me that if you like, but you'll be wrong. Do you seriously believe Fred was being slaughtered on this forum only toward the end?  :laugh:

Wheres NE5 he'd sort this out

It needs to be said because people make rash statements such as it being easy to turn this club into a success and other daft comments such as they don't want to see "son of fred" in charge (whatever that means). The fact is it is not easy to turn a football club into a success, implying it is easy does a disservice to a group of people who did a decent job for most of their time in charge. I realise I'm pissing against the wind because their work wasn't appreciated (and still isn't) by a lot of members of this forum. They even take large crowds for granted, as though we've always had large crowds.

I don't think it's easy to make it a success as such, but I think it would be relatively easy to make it a moderate success (i.e. more than we'll achieve under Ashley).

I couldn't give a fuck if the buyer invests their own money tbh, if they run the club sensibly and with ambition we'll be fine. The potential is there; a small amount of speculation will see us up, cut the dead wood (Geremi etc) and get in a manager who you trust and back them within reason. Don't need to be especially wealthy to make a decent success of this club.

Ashley was lambasted for not investing heavily. Pretty certain he did exactly what you've just asked for, until the Wise/Keegan situation.

I'm pretty sure Ashley didn't do any of what I asked; run the club sensibly (allowed wage bill to bloat further and then refuse transfers - not that sensible) and with ambition (def not). A small amount of speculation (made a profit on transfers...nope, no speculation) and cut the dead wood (brought more in than he's shipped out). Get in a manager who you trust (didn't do that) and back them (def not).

So it's easy to get rid of overpaid players who nobody else would want, whilst at the same time bringing in better players without overspending? I can't believe people actually think it will be easy for a new owner to turn us back into a force without hevaily investing.

I wish.

You tell me, mate.

Thinking a film started well means you have to stand by the whole film being good, even if it ended weakly. Conversely, expressing the opinion that it ended weakly means you think it was all s****. There is no way for them to reconcile having two opinions about the same thing at different time periods.

That's it! I'm telling my mummy about you :weep:

no?

I think the old board was mint, until Shep took full control at the end, he lost the plot. And strugle to get the ends to meet. I could with all honesty not see how he could get us out of it. Shoot me. :pow:

You can tell me that if you like, but you'll be wrong. Do you seriously believe Fred was being slaughtered on this forum only toward the end? :laugh:

No, im sure some people here did that from the beginning.

But it was at the end of he`s reign that the majority starting to questioning him.

I just cant see that they did anything wrong, it clearly did not go the right way.

That is just the peoples opinion, and you and everyone else, can disagree with it, but to just calling it off, like its no truth, and everyone is wrong is just plain wrong. IMO

Can't remember if it's been posted but:

Takeover:

Inching forward

At the risk of being roundly ridiculed, we're given to understand that dialogue between the club, Seymour Pierce, Barclays Bank and Barry Moat continues in a vaguely promising direction.

No deadlines, no confirmation (and still no idea who Moat represents) but worth mentioning, if only to confirm that there seems to be less concern over the club's overdraft - which was in line to be reduced by last week.

Hope they're right.

So it's easy to get rid of overpaid players who nobody else would want, whilst at the same time bringing in better players without overspending? I can't believe people actually think it will be easy for a new owner to turn us back into a force without hevaily investing.

Didn't say it was "easy" to turn us into a force, all I was showing in my above post was that Ashley had done everything wrong. The first sentance in your post is to do with (what I described as) getting a manager you trust, backing them within reason and speculating a bit - our starting platform wasn't that bad when Ashley took over and had he done any of these things we'd be in a significantly better position than we are now, and probably better than the lower mid table we were when he started.

Didn't say it was "easy" to turn us into a force, all I was showing in my above post was that Ashley had done everything wrong. The first sentance in your post is to do with (what I described as) getting a manager you trust, backing them within reason and speculating a bit - our starting platform wasn't that bad when Ashley took over and had he done any of these things we'd be in a significantly better position than we are now, and probably better than the lower mid table we were when he started.

We were 9 points worse off under Ashley, even with all of the Keegan crap.

I'm by no means a supporter of Ashley, but I honestly think people are going way over the top when they say that running the club would be easy. The club was in an appauling state when Ashley took over, he's just carried it going on in the same direction rather than turning it around.

I fear that anyone coming in without serious money is going to struggle too.

Seeing as fuck all relevant to this thread is happening

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says he wants to be a babysitter when he quits football. Evra would also like to do a television comedy with team-mate Park Ji-Sung. (The Sun)

Manchester United defender Patrice Evra says he wants to be a babysitter when he quits football. Evra would also like to do a television comedy with team-mate Park Ji-Sung. (The Sun)

:lol:

I read this earlier. I'd honestly love to see it.

I don't think it's easy to make it a success as such, but I think it would be relatively easy to make it a moderate success (i.e. more than we'll achieve under Ashley).

Only because of the improvement that happened under the last lot. They turned it around from sub 15,000 crowds ( I could stand in the Paddock and swing a cat and not hit anybody if I wanted to ) to the interest we see today.

The irony is that Ashley is exactly what people thought Fred was. A clueless, inept nob.