RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Say what you like about Shepherd he always backed his managers, even thouigh it was money we didn't have.

Like when he backed Bobby with just Bowyer when we needed to push on when we had the chance, or go for his own choices like Carr over Miguel etc. Meh. Besides, what is the point of backing managers when the managers you pick are for the most part penny dreadfuls.

Sorry, not having a go, just need to vent when there is a prospect of the fat man returning. O0

Aye, just like when he backed Souness with Owen and Luque instead of Anelka and Boa Morte, who probably would have cost about £13.5m less!!.

Didn't Sir Bobby also say (in his book) that Gary Speed was sold by Shepherd without his (SBR) knowledge - and he (FFS) even denied what he had lined up when confronted about it by SBR?

Aye, wouldn't sanction a move for Carrick either so we got Nicky Butt.

Something is going to happen, please god let it happen soon. :indi:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5509/0007329653fe13e3af290c0rf0.jpg

His master plan was to eradicate the debt without paying for it, hedge his bets on it ending in tears and then waiting the new guy out.

:smug:...I mean, :suicide:

amongst all the talk of carrick,anelka etc i'd like to point out the only one that ever got beyond hearsay and into printed quotes (i think) was fred selling gary speed from under robson.

Could somebody please tell me whether the 100 million (Mike Ashley) loan will be written off or whether it will be added to the sales price i.e. 100m + 100m = actual price of club 200m...

Has this been specified anywhere???

Nobody knows for definite, logic tells me no way can anyone be stupid enough to think they can get £200m for Newcastle United in our current situation.  But logic doesn't seem to exist in Ashley's world.  The fact that 4 groups are interested suggests the loan will be written off.

Say what you like about Shepherd he always backed his managers, even thouigh it was money we didn't have.

Like when he backed Bobby with just Bowyer when we needed to push on when we had the chance, or go for his own choices like Carr over Miguel etc. Meh. Besides, what is the point of backing managers when the managers you pick are for the most part penny dreadfuls.

Sorry, not having a go, just need to vent when there is a prospect of the fat man returning. O0

Aye, just like when he backed Souness with Owen and Luque instead of Anelka and Boa Morte, who probably would have cost about £13.5m less!!.

Didn't Sir Bobby also say (in his book) that Gary Speed was sold by Shepherd without his (SBR) knowledge - and he (FFS) even denied what he had lined up when confronted about it by SBR?

When all is said and done it all comes back full circle to Freddy Shepherd.

If Butt never gets signed we never get relegated.

What a freakin' thing that is.

pretty foolish if you think it comes down to that.

Aaaaaah shut your Face Butt lover!

:razz:

amongst all the talk of carrick,anelka etc i'd like to point out the only one that ever got beyond hearsay and into printed quotes (i think) was fred selling gary speed from under robson.

The Carrick thing was in Robson's book too IIRC and Souness wasn't shy about telling the world how he was done over by Shepherd when it came to signing Anelka.

I'd like to think Freddy is savvy enough to sue when he's being defamed.

The Carrick thing was in Robson's book too IIRC and Souness wasn't shy about telling the world how he was done over by Shepherd when it came to signing Anelka.

Souness wanted Anelka and Boa Morte.

Shepherd brought in Owen and Luque.

God help us ...

I think NUFC blog is going to self destruct in a sea of angst.  the man seems incapable of having a thought without publishing it on the internet.

Are you the bloke fronting  the profitable group? Used to play for the bin dippers iirc.

I genuienly went back and checked my spelling then....

Thankfully I'm not the former bin dipper, nor the much derided ex-England manager

God help us ...

Didn't Souness want Luque as well as Boa Morte and Anelka but said he was worth no more than £3 million?

"i like big butts i can not lie"

Actually I just thought, if we got the Byker street fighter back we'd have to listen to his constant shite craic on a daily basis again.  Would be one extreme to the other compared to the current lot, why can't we just be normal?

Actually I just thought, if we got the Byker street fighter back we'd have to listen to his constant s**** craic on a daily basis again.  Would be one extreme to the other compared to the current lot, why can't we just be normal?

we wouldn't be us if we were normal.

"i like big butts i can not lie"

:lol:

Well trying to look for positives in having the Fat Controller back, all I can think of is, at least this hasn't dragged on all summer. Hopefully within a few weeks we'll be sold, new manager in charge and start planning for next season.

God help us ...

Didn't Souness want Luque as well as Boa Morte and Anelka but said he was worth no more than £3 million?

Luque defnitely said he was pursued by Shepherd throwing ridiculous wage offers at him and offering a huge fee to Deportivo. Also I seem to remember reading an interview with Souness when he said that Luque was not his signing. And whilst we are at it Roeder definitely said that Duff was not his signing, he was told about it after the event. 

God help us ...

Luque defnitely said he was pursued by Shepherd throwing ridiculous wage offers at him and offering a huge fee to Deportivo. Also I seem to remember reading an interview with Souness when he said that Luque was not his signing. And whilst we are at it Roeder definitely said that Duff was not his signing, he was told about it after the event.  

Shepherd = Ashley minus the craftiness.

Extract from an interview with Souness by Richard Keys (SkySports January 2008:

KEYS: In fairness to Freddy Shepherd, he gave you a few quid. And you did go and buy Michael Owen.

SOUNESS: I would argue that point. My first choice was Nicolas Anelka and Luis Boa Morte. I spoke to the people in Turkey (Anelka was at Fenerbahce) and was told he could be bought, but I was told (by Newcastle) that he couldn't be bought.

Instead of buying Anelka for £12million, we signed Albert Luque for £10m. And Michael Owen for £16m.

KEYS: Were they your decisions?

SOUNESS: No. No. I was told Albert Luque would cost £2m

Really wouldn't believe much that Greame Souness says. This is the guy who didn't rate Beardsley, refused Robbie Keane for £3m, sold Bellamy for peanuts and would have kept Shearer in the team till he was 50. It easy enough to point to good players now and says, 'i wanted him but so and so didn't.'

Not saying Shepherd is ideal, but i'd trust him before Souness any day of the week. Shep made his mistakes but funnily enough was starting to get it spot on when the club was sold from under him.