Best Premier League memory

Yorkie

Looking back maybe the 01-02 season in general. Mainly the fact that we set out for something and achieved it for once and finished in the top four. SBR effect in full swing, one of Shearer's best seasons for us and some epic games along the way.

Looking back maybe the 01-02 season in general. Mainly the fact that we set out for something and achieved it for once and finished in the top four. SBR effect in full swing, one of Shearer's best seasons for us and some epic games along the way.

maybe age but i'd go the first season up....total football,surprising everyone, with the majority of the team that came up .

This thread is quite depressing :(

why ? i could pull plenty from our time in the first division.

Just the realisation that our "highs" for the foreseeable future wont be against the best in the country.

Bit lame, but my favourite moment was at St James' when Andy O'Brien came storming in on the end of a cross beating several players to the ball, and headed it smack onto the crossbar like it had been volleyed at 60mph. Found it amusing purely because it was his own goal that O'Brien had headed the ball towards, with Shay Given rooted to the spot. Would have been a class own goal.

Rocket. :lol:

It looked like a rocket in my still rather inebriated state man. I remember the place - an empty bar at Leeds Garforth holiday inn, with only my dad, three old women and a young lad wearing a Derby top for company. Our screams when it went in made one of the old biddies spill her drink. Had to offer her another tonic water. :lol:

QPR 1-2 NUFC (93-94), watched it at me grandad's house when Sky wasn't so widespread yet and was a novelty to me.

The winner was sublime - Beardsley knocked it to Cole and ran on, Cole chipped it into Beardsley's path and he just smashed it into the net on the volley.  I remembered it after reading Pilko's post because when it went in we all went mad and my Grandma got a proper shock and started choking on her tea.

beating Forest 5-1 on the last game of the season to qualify for the Champions league and the mackems and Boro both losing there games to get relegated!! What a class day that was!! :-D

Guest Roger Kint

Albert's goal v Man U

Tinos v Liverpool in the first one(although nowt after)

Leicester 4-3 comeback

Forest 5-0, Champions League AND mackems and boro down in one glorious day

Spurs 7-1

Shearers wondergoal v Everton

The Good Friday mauling of Everton

Villa home and away 1st season up. Was in home end at Villa Park and it was rammed with our lot

Many more

beating Forest 5-1 on the last game of the season to qualify for the Champions league and the mackems and Boro both losing there games to get relegated!! What a class day that was!! :-D

*nods head* brilliant day indeed. was that the last time we saw les, tino and big al in the same team too?

Guest Magpiecn

8-0 v Sheff Wed. And at a time when we really needed to wallop a team. Shearer hat-trick in less than 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

Sir Bobby's first home game in charge.Remember this forever.

Guest Roger Kint

8-0 v Sheff Wed. And at a time when we really needed to wallop a team. Shearer hat-trick in less than 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

That was the only home game i missed in a 5 years spell, the result of being in an alcoholic coma :kinnear:

:thup:

I was at this one, 4-0 at half time, 8-0 at full time.  If it's ever 3 or 4 nil at half time the team that's leading always seems to take their foot off the gas a bit and it ends up 4-1 or 5-0 tops.  This was a perfectly symmetrical thrashing!

Guest Roger Kint

*nods head* brilliant day indeed. was that the last time we saw les, tino and big al in the same team too?

Still the wrong score

http://www.nufc.com/html/1997-05-11forest-h.html

Was thinking of this one too, 5 goals by Shearer, was just poetry in motion.

Not specific to a game but the memory of walking upto St James an hour before a home game, the place buzzing with anticipation, enthusiasm and good feeling.

We would go to home games thinking a draw would be a bad result.

An absolute fortress at one stage.