The England Thread

Pilko

Probably already been said, but this team is such a pale shadow of what Brazil normally have on show. I can't think of a weaker first 11 I've ever seen from them :/

Guest taps01

If Walcott had Carrick's physique he'd be working at McDonalds now. His brain is a second behind his body.

Theo sums up a lot of what is wrong with the English game.

Good thing with Brazil is that if they play anything other than 10/10 their ultra arrogant fans will be straight on their backs.

On a flipside I thought Little Paul was MOM by a mile.

FC Vilnius and Łódzki KS must be gutted.

:dontknow:

He played for both of them without doing much and came back to Brazil.

Really? :lol:

Reputable agent central.

Wow, we are both shit. Just got back from Maracana, and while we might have looked much better on the ball we have nowhere near the attacking intent that we need. England got two chances and put them away, loved both of your goals, the tempo was completely another to our team. Was some good goals around but other than that it was a typical friendly.

Also, Rio de Janeiro has a shit load to learn, almost didn't get into the stadium, as our printed tickets were invalid and apparently you had to go somewhere an 30mins away from the stadium by car to get them. Online tickets aren't barcoded, luckily found some guy who wanted to sell his friends ticket and bought a new one. Was some swiss guy who had paid almost £300 for his ticket and couldn't get in because he hadn't picked the tickets up, nowhere around the stadium was there a place to pick it up, and you had to do it the day before. Disorganised and quite an embarrassment to see the outside of Maracana still in construction. The inside was beautiful, although it still need more work, especially the announcer was hard to listen too. Public transport was working properly though which was nice and hopefully for 2014 it will be even better.

Important and annoying thing to recognise if you were planning on downloading this game - The game at Wembley was on the 6th of February. 6/2/2013. This game was on the 2nd of June, 6/2/2013, according to some. Irritating.

Another thing Hulk is shite, he needs to be benched.

Was Lucas in the squad or not? He needs to be starting come next year IMO. Neymar has all of the hype but right now I think Lucas is a more dangerous player to have.

Was Lucas in the squad or not? He needs to be starting come next year IMO. Neymar has all of the hype but right now I think Lucas is a more dangerous player to have.

He came on in the second half.

Neymar is a far more refined player right now, and much more of a goalthreat. Lucas is still veryraw.

Neymar refined :lol: heard it all

Moreso than Lucas Moura, yes.

Neymar has scored 136 goals for Santos and 20 for Brazil. He was the key player in leading Santos to the Libertadores. At this stage of their respective careers he has been far more productive both in goalscoring and creatively than Lucas has.

Lucas is very talented but he's even rawer and less mature as a player than Neymar is - and hasn't been consistently productive at PSG or at Sao Paulo.

How do you see Englands best 11 looking, going into the World Cup in a years time. Id probably go:

Hart

Johnson    Cahill      Jagielka      Cole

Carrick    Cleverley

Walcott            Wilshere        Ox

Rooney

Neymar refined :lol: heard it all

Moreso than Lucas Moura, yes.

Neymar has scored 136 goals for Santos and 20 for Brazil. He was the key player in leading Santos to the Libertadores. At this stage of their respective careers he has been far more productive both in goalscoring and creatively than Lucas has.

Lucas is very talented but he's even rawer and less mature as a player than Neymar is - and hasn't been consistently productive at PSG or at Sao Paulo.

I do understand where you are coming from, but Neymar hasn't had a very good game in almost 6months or more now, while Lucas has been a threat every time he's stepped onto a pitch either for PSG or Brazil. Also he's not a less mature player than Neymar, he's a far more mature and tactically aware than Neymar. Neymar has the bigger upside than both but I think at the moment Lucas is developing better than Neymar who has stagnated a lot over the last 6-12 months. I hope Neymar going to Barcelona will change that.

Anyhow, both should be starting together with Oscar who for me is possibly Brazils best player the moment.