The England Thread

Pilko

This England side is decent if you disregard the fact that players like Smalling and Welbeck actually get to start.

I actually think Welbeck is very underrated on this forum.

Also Smalling is playing out of position so his performance today should be taken with a pinch of salt.

This England side is decent if you disregard the fact that players like Smalling and Welbeck actually get to start.

Same to you and Jo :thup:

I don't like Jo, but you can't go bashing on him when he's actually performing well. That's just unfair, you have to remember there's a reason Man City bought him.

I don't like Jo, but you can't go bashing on him when he's actually performing well. That's just unfair, you have to remember there's a reason Man City bought him.

Aye, some fucker else probably wanted him.

Exactly. :thup:

:lol:

Except Jo doesn't get to start. You know better than that Ronaldo.

As long as Baines is fit, Cole shouldn't play for England again. He's never done a cross like that in his entire career.

I agree, Baines should be first choice. Ashley Cole isn't as clinical as him at all.

More Welbeck bashing. Sigh.

Bashing :lol:

Also Smalling is playing out of position so his performance today should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I like Welbeck, I find him a good player, but I'm still of the thought if England or any side is every going to win a World Cup they can't have a player like him starting up left.

And Smalling for me is as average as you get.

More Welbeck bashing. Sigh.

Bashing :lol:

I like Welbeck, I find him a good player, but I'm still of the thought if England or any side is every going to win a World Cup they can't have a player like him starting up left.

And Smalling for me is as average as you get.

And I'm not saying Welbeck (or most of them, on paper) are good enough players to win a World Cup.

But he's a good player and vital to this England side.

As long as Baines is fit, Cole shouldn't play for England again. He's never done a cross like that in his entire career.

I agree, Baines should be first choice. Ashley Cole isn't as clinical as him at all.

I honestly haven't seen enough of Baines defensively to say if he should be or not. Against weaker opposition I'm all for Baines starting but I really don't know how he'd fare against the very very best offensively. Maybe Neil could give more of an opinion?