The England Thread

Pilko

After some reflection here's my opinion on the "England Manager":

The FA will be massively tested when they start searching for Capello's replacement. It's all well and good to have an English manager in charge of the national team but then again, we have seen in the past that English managers aren't necessarily the way. Hoddle lacked man management skills, Keegan's reign was a disaster and McClaren was s****.

However, we have seen that with the "right credentials", an English manager can bring the best out of the team. I guess what that means is a manager who has a lot of experience and is well-liked as well as respected in the dressing room. I get the feeling that Capello's strict regulations are a bit overboard which might make Capello an unliked figure.

So we need someone who can be strict when necessary but at the same time be a great mentor/have great man management skills. Redknapp may very well be this man. He is quite tactically astute (not perfect but he does know his stuff) and I'd say at the moment he would be my choice (even though I can't stand the man). Like IP said, "There's a psychological block there with some of them and he's a proven track record of making players feel good about themselves."

On a sidenote, Sam Allardyce will never be England manager as he has too much arrogance and his tactics are beyond s****. He may have experience but people who actually watch football will see that Allardyce would be an awful choice.

The pressure the media exerts is not the whole issue, much of the issue is how fucking thick and unknowledgeable (yet incredibly vocal) much of the media is.

Take for example that Lampard thing the other month.  Would the Italian press have gone so insane over an ageing player just coming back from injury being left on the bench?  Him being on the bench made perfect sense to 90-odd percent of the football-watching country, yet the media whipped up a frenzy over fuck-all.

The world would rightfully be pissing themselves laughing if we introduced Allardyce to the International stage. The thought of it man, it's only himself that doesn't regard himself as a total joker. :lol:

The FA will be massively tested when they start searching for Capello's replacement. It's all well and good to have an English manager in charge of the national team but then again, we have seen in the past that English managers aren't necessarily the way. Hoddle lacked man management skills, Keegan's reign was a disaster and McClaren was shite.

However, we have seen that with the "right credentials", an English manager can bring the best out of the team. I guess what that means is a manager who has a lot of experience and is well-liked as well as respected in the dressing room. I get the feeling that Capello's strict regulations are a bit overboard which might make Capello an unliked figure.

So we need someone who can be strict when necessary but at the same time be a great mentor/have great man management skills. Redknapp may very well be this man. He is quite tactically astute (not perfect but he does know his stuff) and I'd say at the moment he would be my choice (even though I can't stand the man).

On a sidenote, Sam Allardyce will never be England manager as he has too much arrogance and his tactics are beyond shite. He may have experience but people who actually watch football will see that Allardyce would be an awful choice.

They'll either promote Pearce (who'll be a disaster) or go for the England icon like Shearer or Beckham, if they do go for the England icon they'll need a good back room team to cover for their lack of experience but being the England FA they'll fuck it up royally and we'll probably end up with David Pleat as assistant.

The world would rightfully be pissing themselves laughing if we introduced Allardyce to the International stage. The thought of it man, it's only himself that doesn't regard himself as a total joker. :lol:

Here's the article I read in the Standard on the way home:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23995634-of-course-i-want-to-manage-england-but-ill-only-get-the-job-if-i-am-fashionable.do

I would have laughed my fucking arse off if there wasn't a smile-ban on the tube, it's fucking ludicrous how highly he regards himself.

Pearce would be a terrible choice too (think he's said he didn't want it though, thank fuck). The "England icon plus strong backroom staff" is a good idea actually. But that could go either way imo - it might be a monumental success or a monumental failure.

Guest Haris Vuckic

We simply aren't good enough as a team and wont be till there's some fundamental changes to the English game.

We could play Spain 100 times and I doubt we'd beat them once these days.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Even Shearer was talking about being England manager the other day. Owen would be in his side, apparently. :lol:

Just for the record - I'm ruling myself out of the job.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5188/capturejq.png

:lol:

Even Shearer was talking about being England manager the other day. Owen would be in his side, apparently. :lol:

Link to the quote about him playing Owen please mate.  Just for you sake like.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's like taking pieces from several perfectly good jigsaws and trying to make a new one. Always ends up looking ridiculous and wasting a weekend.

Modern art.

I try that but with bits of different sweets. I did a twix and a freddo the other day but in the style of like a pick and mix picasso.

Even the lass said it was class.

Graysy and Keysy were talking about this on Talksportsy today and they were both quite supportive of the idea of appointing Glenn Hoddle or Gary Neville.

I once drove a van that had a exterior paint finish which happened to be the colour white, but I disagree with their choices. Not sure what to think now.