The England Thread

Pilko

Just seen the first goal again. Parker's attempt to chase Robben is up there with an injured Barry against Germany.

Didn't see the game but looking at these passing graphs looks like Parker did his usual short passes sideways/backwards routine, while Geerard seemed content to hoof it out of play:

http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/527935510.png?key=791551

Sweden played brilliantly away against Croatia yesterday, winning 1-3. France played great away against Germany, winning 1-2.  The euro group of England, France, Sweden and Ukraine will be tough as hell...

Sweden played brilliantly away against Croatia yesterday, winning 1-3. France played great away against Germany, winning 1-2.  The euro group of England, France, Sweden and Ukraine will be tough as hell...

We were tremendous, haven't seen us play that well for a long time. Mind you we did beat Holland 3-2 in our last qualifier without Zlatan, who was magnificent last night again.

We were tremendous, haven't seen us play that well for a long time. Mind you we did beat Holland 3-2 in our last qualifier without Zlatan, who was magnificent last night again.

From the Milan games that I've seen this season, Zlatan's been top notch.

From the Milan games that I've seen this season, Zlatan's been top notch.

Sweden tested Zlatan as a false 9 / # 10 style player last night. It worked out very well and Elmander is the perfect player to be the top forward infront of Zlatan. Running constantly and causing all sorts of problems for the opponents.  Sweden is starting to look really good now. The teams weakness is in the defence. We need another competent centreback and our wide backs are a bit weak. Good organisation compensates for some individula inability though. Mellberg is still a rock.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Didn't see the game but looking at these passing graphs looks like Parker did his usual short passes sideways/backwards routine, while Geerard seemed content to hoof it out of play:

http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/527935510.png?key=791551

It isn't really fair on Captain Scotty if you don't include his wonderful pirouettes.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2ih84cy.jpg

In the short-term, I could see Redknapp taking over the squad at the end of the season, setting a good atmosphere within the camp, building team spirit and doing well in the Euros.

In the longer term, I think he'd find the criticism that goes with the job, and the lack of a day-to-day involvement with players quite hard to take.

What we might end up with is Pearce doing the short-term job, although he might be the better long-term candidate, and Redknapp doing the longer-term job though he'd probably be better in the more clubby atmosphere of a tournament.

Sky Sports ‏ @SkySports

FA to wait until close to end of the season before appointing new England manager. More to follow on site soon...

This, to me, could indicate that the FA are intending to appoint Redknapp.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Apparently TalkSport have been discussing how Guardiola doesn't have the credentials to manage England

Pearce is presumably on the list and in the England setup in the first place for his reaction after scoring in a penalty shootout against Spain in 1996, showing his uber Englishness.

Guardiola and Mourinho in there is just embarrassing. What makes anybody think they would work for the farce that is the FA and the ridiculous over expectation and hysteria that comes with the England team?  :idiot2: