The England Thread

Pilko

I don't think Lampard for Henderson costs us much. We're s**** with Lampard , and we'll be s**** with Jordon Henderson..

Utter rot.  Lampard is a CL winning quality footballer and Henderson is nowhere near that level.

I didn't say he was did I, ? I said we're shit with Lampard and we'll be shit with Henderson...

Even though Lampard's clearly the better better, we might be more balanced with Parker in there with Gerrard and just playing a 4-4-2.

Not with the way we plan to play IMO and Lampard has proven this season he can play deep in a counter attacking system and seems to have dealt with getting older a lot better than Gerrard has.

Gerrard looks cack everytime i see him play as a CM in the last couple of years and personally dont trust him there if he's going to play ( i dont think he should though) then he has to play AM.

But he probably will play CM so we will have to deal with it.

This, Gerrard as gifted a player as he has been and maybe still is has never been much use as a normal central midfielder, doesn't do enough of the dirty work of midfield and puts whomevers beside him in a 2 man midfield under a great deal more pressure, Parker and Lampard sitting deep and Gerrard behind the striker is about the best you can pull off with the current squad if Lampard turns out okay imho, if not you have problems 

Gerrard has no discipline. I don't think he has the ability to dominate teams in a 4-4-2 anymore.

Yep, while Lampard has proven once he got older that he does have discipline to sit deep and spray passes for the good of the team.... he's technically a better player than Gerrard which is probably why he has dealt with getting older than Gerrard has who tbh has always relied on his physical tools now he has lost them he seems to be struggling to adapt.

Lampard is by far our best CM and quite frankly without him our chances of success just get smaller.

I actually find the idea of Henderson in an England tournament squad offensive.

That's another thing. Danny f***ing Guthrie is far better.

If Guthrie played the full season I could have seen him getting in the squad. Tidy player in Henderson's mould, but much better.

I don't think Lampard for Henderson costs us much. We're s**** with Lampard , and we'll be s**** with Jordon Henderson..

Utter rot.  Lampard is a CL winning quality footballer and Henderson is nowhere near that level.

I didn't say he was did I, ? I said we're s*** with Lampard and we'll be s*** with Henderson...

a) we wont be 'shit', unless you're expecting some sort of spain/barcelona/man city (delete as appropriate) levels of performance

and

b) regardless, henderson for lampard would increase shitness levels in relation to your standards

I actually find the idea of Henderson in an England tournament squad offensive.

That's another thing. Danny f***ing Guthrie is far better.

If Guthrie played the full season I could have seen him getting in the squad. Tidy player in Henderson's mould, but much better.

He doesn't play for Liverpool any more mate.