The England Thread

Pilko

Welbeck did very well, despite few opportunities to make an impression. Young struggled, and didn't always use his brain, which is an old tendency. Welbeck and Rooney together will be a very good combination for us.

A rather spineless performance from the ref, I thought.

Not quite as dramatic as thate like :lol:

Was a bunch of student kernts sat next to us, being annoying as fuck, proper Soccer AM fans, with their "Easy, Easy" shit EVERY time France lost the ball. Sounded like they'd never watched a match in their lives.

Not quite as dramatic as thate like :lol:

Was a bunch of student kernts sat next to us, being annoying as f***, proper Soccer AM fans, with their "Easy, Easy" s*** EVERY time France lost the ball. Sounded like they'd never watched a match in their lives.

proper excuse-to-drinkers?  One of the things I don't like about summer tournaments.  Also derby day last season town was full of pissed up slappers that didn't give a shit about the football.

Aye, their level of craic was that they thought that taking the piss out of us because no Geordies were in the England team would enrage us.

Total Bantasauras Rex's the lot of them.

Was nice being back in my local at home even if England games bring the scum out the woodwork. Done my head in since September having the student bar as my nearest pub (by far). Full of spoilt brats with absolutely no craic.

Joleon Lescott ‏@JoleonLescott

Just on the plane en route back to Poland. Very solid and professional performance from everyone, also great support.

will flying between Krakow & Ukraine eventually take its toll?  Can see it getting irritating given that they'll be back on Thursday.

what the fuck are they doing in poland? all our group games and the quarters if we make it would all be in ukraine. seems like shitty preparation to me.

Just on the plane en route back to Poland. Very solid and professional performance from everyone, also great support.

will flying between Krakow & Ukraine eventually take its toll?  Can see it getting irritating given that they'll be back on Thursday.

what the f*** are they doing in poland? all our group games and the quarters if we make it would all be in ukraine. seems like shitty preparation to me.

:lol:  Are you aware they've been in Krakow thus far?  We chose Poland before the draw was made and refused to change it.

what the fuck are they doing in poland? all our group games and the quarters if we make it would all be in ukraine. seems like shitty preparation to me.

It was already booked man! What else could they do!? You seen the fees for changing flights? Fuck that.

what the f*** are they doing in poland? all our group games and the quarters if we make it would all be in ukraine. seems like shitty preparation to me.

:lol:  Are you aware they've been in Krakow thus far?  We chose Poland before the draw was made and refused to change it.

:lol: no. couldn't they have gotten a refund ffs?

:lol: no. couldn't they have gotten a refund ffs?

Aye, but they would've kept the £20 booking fee regardless. Joke.

Good point, not a great performance but a solid enough one. Our main problem was our regular infatuation with sitting deep which needs to be eradicated ASAP. Otherwise, not too bad and a deserved point. Onwards and upwards.

France were a bit better in retaining possession and that was about it.

Good point, not a great performance but a solid enough one. Our main problem was our regular infatuation with sitting deep which needs to be eradicated ASAP. Otherwise, not too bad and a deserved point. Onwards and upwards.

France were a bit better in retaining possession and that was about it.

They looked far more creative, their major problem being Benzema was dropping far too deep/out wide there was no one to latch onto the subtle supply line from Nasri, who for parts ran the show.

England played how everybody expected, it was the right thing to do. If they'd gone at France a mauling was inevitable so in that respect the game plan was a success. It'll be interesting to see how they go into the next couple of matches with the tag of favourites.

Disagree with them being far more creative. They looked a bit nippier with the ball but in terms of carving out proper chances? They hardly had many more than us. We played conservatively but smartly and got a satisfactory result. The onus is now, as you say, going out and getting 4 or more points from out other 2 games against sides who probably will try to frustrate us.

Reckon we'll convincingly beat Sweden. They need to come out and find a win and I fancy us to catch them on the break. I'd play Walcott, Young and Ox all behind Welbeck; show a bit positivity.

France disappointed me, can't remember one clear cut chance they had bar Diarra's header(s), they didn't get in behind us once.