The England Thread

Pilko

Barkley would be in for me instead of Welbeck.

I'd play Barkly in the Italy Game like but Hodgson is giving them all a game in Miami to acclimatise.

It's Sturridge who I think isn't good enough, put him on his right foot and he's hopeless.

f***ing Welbeck man.

I prefer Welbeck to Sturridge at this level mind.

Sturridge is very heavily left footed and Welbeck always seems to deliver for England in big games.

Sturridge hasn't had the chance to deliver at a world cup and he blows every other striker we have out of the water on form, no way he shouldn't play every game let alone have welbeck preferred to him  :lol:

I agree welbeck delivers for england though

Fucking Welbeck man.

It's depressing because of what it symbolises. We'd rather play a workhorse over an outstanding footballing talent.

Fucking Welbeck man.

It's depressing because of what it symbolises. We'd rather play a workhorse over an outstanding footballing talent.

Because we haven't had enough of that managerial outlook. :anguish:

Barkley isn't the complete article yet and I do worry if everyone expects him to perform brilliantly, he is guilty of over-trying quite often and isn't an automatic starter at Everton where Martinez is very keen on promoting youth.

Ideally I'd prefer Barkley ahead of Welbeck, but while he's a total dud at club level he has played well for England in the past, I don't think it's quite such an awful choice. If Oxlaide Chaimberlain was fit or Sterling wasn't suspended though no way Welbeck should start.

I like Welbeck but he hasn't got that cutting edge.

I think I'd start Barkley against Italy, I think he'll come through it just fine. There's a need for protecting a player but there's also a need to just let them go out there and do their thing.

Honduras more of a draw than Ecuador in Miami it appears.

Bigger Honduran population in Florida than Ecuadorian probably

Aye probably been bussed in from Little Tegucigalpa