The England Thread

Pilko

So one of them doesn't even exist now? Because he went in injured?

I'd be pushing to acknowledge that one as hard as I could if I were you, given he performed no better when he went in fit. Though I'm sure there's another fantastic reason why he isn't to blame, even with his hilarious exit from the tournament. Which definitely wasn't his fault.

Rooney not performing for England is more to do with the managers as it is to do with him. The same with Gerrard not performing with Lampard etc. He doesn't randomly become one of the Premiership's top performers to a borderline clogger because he's pulling an England shirt on.

If Hodgson cannot get Rooney to perform well for him then he has fucking no chance with the likes of Lallana and Barkley, who are in all honesty far inferior players.

Rooney not performing for England is more to do with the managers as it is to do with him. The same with Gerrard not performing with Lampard etc. he doesn't randomly become one of the Premiership's top performers to a borderline clogger because he's pulling an England shirt on.

If Hodgson cannot get Rooney to perform well for him then he has f***ing no chance with the likes of Sterling and Barkley, who are in all honesty far inferior players.

:thup:

Guest TruToon94

Winning the game for us in 1 match out of 2 doesn't constitute a s*** tournament.

He scored a header by running in when the ball was literally about to go in anyway. That is not, "winning the game for us" by any stretch of the imagination. It's called being a greedy bastard who does fuck all every time he plays for England in any major tournament. Even Shola could have scored that.

Managers don't affect your first touch and everytime he's played for England it's been abysmal and it's like playing with ten men. Now I rate Rooney for UTD (out wide) and he demolishes us every time we play them but he's had his chance. I'd rather we start with the majority of the attack of a team who just finished second than an ungrateful bastard, who doesn't even play in the Europa League and lets us down, game in game out.

Rooney not performing for England is more to do with the managers as it is to do with him. The same with Gerrard not performing with Lampard etc. He doesn't randomly become one of the Premiership's top performers to a borderline clogger because he's pulling an England shirt on.

It's definitely his fault. In life if i'm blaming 4 or 5 different people for something i'm doing - I know it's something within me that's the root cause.

Rooney's rarely been the star player for Man Utd either. And when he has iirc they've won nowt.

It's definitely his fault. In life if i'm blaming 4 or 5 different people for something i'm doing - I know it's something within me that's the root cause.

Rooney's rarely been the star player for Man Utd either. And when he has iirc they've won nowt.

What does it matter if he's been the 'star player' or not? He's had a very good career there regardless of wether or not he's been outshone in patches by others. Leading into the last Euros, where he was 'shit', he scored 27 goals. World Cup 2010? 26. His 2 best seasons in terms of goalscoring form and then, along with most others, his form wasn't replicated in the summer.

Who gives a fuck if he's been your star player? Absolutely fuck all to do with the shite he serves up in an England shirt.

At least he'll never let us down by getting stupidly sent off or owt..............

Who gives a fuck if he's been your star player? Absolutely fuck all to do with the shite he serves up in an England shirt.

Somebody else brought it up ya fuckwit. :lol:

The English media are the ones who continually pin all their hopes on him before every major tournament. At least they're trying a different approach this year.

I think he plays better out wide aswell, you need him in the team because of experience and also his teammates and opposition rate him higher than his current form dictates. I would go with:

--------------------------Hart--------------------------

Johnson (aargh)------Jagielka-------Cahill-------Baines

-----------Henderson(wiltshire)---Gerrard------------

---Wellbeck--------Sterling-----------Rooney------

----------------------Sturridge-----------------------

Get some pace thrown at the italians as their defence has little pace. We need wellbeck to help out johnson cos' he's dogsh*te. I would also have wiltshire on for henderson at 60 minute mark or before if Woy was feeling a bit risque...

Looking forward to see how we actually do in real games and if Woy has the guts to bring on some exitement instead of dreary defensive bolox

I think he plays better out wide aswell, you need him in the team because of experience and also his teammates and opposition rate him higher than his current form dictates. I would go with:

Get some pace thrown at the italians as their defence has little pace. We need wellbeck to help out johnson cos' he's dogsh*te. I would also have wiltshire on for henderson at 60 minute mark or before if Woy was feeling a bit risque...

Looking forward to see how we actually do in real games and if Woy has the guts to bring on some exitement instead of dreary defensive bolox

#pardewed

Winning the game for us in 1 match out of 2 doesn't constitute a s*** tournament.

He scored a header by running in when the ball was literally about to go in anyway. That is not, "winning the game for us" by any stretch of the imagination. It's called being a greedy bastard who does fuck all every time he plays for England in any major tournament. Even Shola could have scored that.

Managers don't affect your first touch and everytime he's played for England it's been abysmal and it's like playing with ten men. Now I rate Rooney for UTD (out wide) and he demolishes us every time we play them but he's had his chance. I'd rather we start with the majority of the attack of a team who just finished second than an ungrateful bastard, who doesn't even play in the Europa League and lets us down, game in game out.

Ah, so we're not counting Euro 2004 either now. Keep it up.

Funny the impact a few meaningless friendlies has on people's brains.

Guest TruToon94

He scored a header by running in when the ball was literally about to go in anyway. That is not, "winning the game for us" by any stretch of the imagination. It's called being a greedy b****** who does f*** all every time he plays for England in any major tournament. Even Shola could have scored that.

Managers don't affect your first touch and everytime he's played for England it's been abysmal and it's like playing with ten men. Now I rate Rooney for UTD (out wide) and he demolishes us every time we play them but he's had his chance. I'd rather we start with the majority of the attack of a team who just finished second than an ungrateful b******, who doesn't even play in the Europa League and lets us down, game in game out.

Ah, so we're not counting Euro 2004 either now. Keep it up.

Funny the impact a few meaningless friendlies has on people's brains.

He's been shite for ten years, 2004 was ten years ago.

Probably the fact that he's been dog shit since then has had more of the impact eh mate? Rooney is and always will fail in a major tournament then turn around with the excuses. Always has, always will. He's like Shola Ameobi when it comes to England. Great potential when young, dog shit for the rest of the time. Except Shola doesn't shag grannies.

:llorente?:

Guest TruToon94

The Algerians didn't seem to have any problem handling him and Rooney was in better form then, then he is now. And you must be having a laugh about Wellbeck.

What does it matter if he's been the 'star player' or not? He's had a very good career there regardless of wether or not he's been outshone in patches by others. Leading into the last Euros, where he was 's***', he scored 27 goals. World Cup 2010? 26. His 2 best seasons in terms of goalscoring form and then, along with most others, his form wasn't replicated in the summer.

Different kettle of fish going from being a team player to being the main man.