The England Thread

Pilko

"Will we be contenders in a year?"

"I don't know"

Fuck me.

There's no right answer to questions like that when you're the England manager answering the English press. 

I do find it slightly bizarre that, by the time he retires, Rooney will be comfortably above anyone in the scoring charts. Off the top of my head I can't think of many situations where I feel "thank God we had him when..." He's still got things to prove for England imo.

Rooneys just never been good enough in tournaments. Doing it against the best is obviously more important than pure numbers.

While there is truth to this, also shouldn't be ignored that the team has largely been second best in general at tournaments as well.

In recent years we qualified for the last World Cup because of him and his goals. He has 7 in the last 8 since the WC.

He's been the top goal scorer and a very important squad member, aye - but like I said I doubt we'd have failed to qualify without him, and he's not done many memorable things into tournaments since Euro 2004.

I don't know if it just me being oblivious, but when did England go back to an all red away kit?

First time they've worn all red since Germany botting in 2010 according to Twitter.

I don't know if it just me being oblivious, but when did England go back to an all red away kit?

First time they've worn all red since Germany botting in 2010 according to Twitter.

Ahhh right fair enough, think I prefer a blue away kit personally.