PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

sort ourselves out we could piss this

This.

There's no way this league is as difficult as some people reckon. It's just because we're Newcastle United that we're bound to get relegated blah blah blah.

West Brom are favourites and they were wank yesterday.

This.

There's no way this league is as difficult as some people reckon. It's just because we're Newcastle United that we're bound to get relegated blah blah blah.

West Brom are favourites and they were w*** yesterday.

I think West Brom away, Boro away and Sheffield United away will be the three toughest games of the season. We got a point at the hawthorns so the same or better at SU and Boro should be enough. Saying that, i'm expecting us to be better than the rest of the divison but knowing us...

This.

West Brom are favourites and they were w*** yesterday.

I think West Brom away, Boro away and Sheffield United away will be the three toughest games of the season. We got a point at the hawthorns so the same or better at SU and Boro should be enough. Saying that, i'm expecting us to be better than the rest of the divison but knowing us...

There it is again.

People say this is a tough league and the teams are hard to beat, but there's a reason why they're here and not in the Premier League.

I think people are giving the Championship too much respect. West Brom, Middlesbrough and Sheff United away aside, I would expect us to be favourites for every single game we play. And we're not that shit to not win every one of them.

just had a look at the reading team that drew with forest yesterday and it doen't seem like too long a go they had a team recognisable to me. should we get 3 points off them and sheff weds it would be a very good start and hopefully fire some belief into the club.

Guest Stephen927

The Championship is a competitive league, there are a number of teams who fancy themselves as promotion contenders. It's not going to be a walk in the park at all, lets not get ahead of ourselves after a half decent performance yesterday.

If we are stuck with Hughton and Ashley, and there's no more sales, we'll be looking at challenging for the Play-Offs, maybe a promotion push.

If we are stuck with Hughton and Ashley, and there are a few more sales, we'll be mid-table.

If we get an established manager/Shearer and stuck with Ashley, and there's no more sales, we'll be looking at a promotion challenge.

Get an established manager/Shearer and a new owner who signs a few players, we'll win the title.

I was pretty impressed by the away point at WBA and thought we were still head and shoulders above them.

With new owners, new manager and a couple of half decent championship signings we could go straight back up.

Play offs, I hope yesterday has put this league into context for some of the dramatic Marys we have on this forum!

Getting a 1-1 draw away from home first game of the season against the title favourites. Going to be a great season this!!

Oh, wai...

IMO we simply don't have the squad to be able to cope with the injuries we will inevitably get, especially in defence. Plus I don't think there's enough goals in the team to be able to compensate for Coloccini even if we do have good luck with injuries.

An outside chance of the playoffs at best for me, and even then I don't think we'd win them.

We won't win the league cos there's nowhere near enough depth. We'll have a decent shot at promotion though if we carry on in the same vain as the WBA game. Baring in mind we played well without our two (imo) best players; Barton and Guthrie.

We won't win the league cos there's nowhere near enough depth. We'll have a decent shot at promotion though if we carry on in the same vain as the WBA and Reading games. Baring in mind we played well without our two (imo) best players; Barton and Guthrie.

I'll maintain that. If we lose any more, we're far far far too thin. Then the inevitable injuries will kick in and we won't have a hope in heck. It's looking very encouraging atm cos we look like a good side down here. But there's so much to do in the next two weeks.

Obviously there'll be tougher tests to come in the form of some of the bruisers further down the league but if we can keep some semblance of a squad together, we'll piss this division, it's fucking shite. To think Reading were one game from automatic promotion last season is amazing. I know they've lost a couple of players but they were garbage.

I've said all summer that I don't buy into this "The championship is a tough league" crap. The league is fill with dross, that's clear to see from not just the start we've made but also from the other two relegated clubs. We took 10 pts out of 12 from those two last year and there should be nothing for us to fear anywhere else. The gap is so wide between the Prem and CCC it's ridiculously hard for promoted teams to do well unless they invest seriously, this works in reverse too, on paper we were too good to go down, despite what we all think of the squad it was never a relegation squad.

The only thing that will stop us going straight back up IMO, is ourselves or more appropriately Mike Ashley, we need to fill out the already thin squad which has be dessimated, we need a proper manager and we need a a resolution to the ownership. If we solve all three of those, there's more than enough quality in our squad for this division.

Obviously there'll be tougher tests to come in the form of some of the bruisers further down the league but if we can keep some semblance of a squad together, we'll piss this division, it's fucking shite. To think Reading were one game from automatic promotion last season is amazing. I know they've lost a couple of players but they were garbage.

I particularly agree with your first point - I don't think it will be the Sheff Utd's, Readings, Cardiffs, Boros or whoever you see as promotion contenders at first, that will seriously bother you. It will be the 'smaller' teams, with a stronger physical presence that will most likely offer your sternest test. The teams that try to play against you will more than often get undone.

I particularly agree with your first point - I don't think it will be the Sheff Utd's, Readings, Cardiffs, Boros or whoever you see as promotion contenders at first, that will seriously bother you. It will be the 'smaller' teams, with a stronger physical presence that will most likely offer your sternest test. The teams that try to play against you will more than often get undone.

To be fair, we are a pretty physically strong team ourselves at the moment, I doubt we'll get bullied out of too many matches. It was the pace, power AND quality that our squad couldn't cope with at Premier level. We aren't going to find that combination in many teams at this level.

Before the season started I wasn't at all convinced we could go up, I thought we'd finish in the top half but just outside the play off places.

Now I'm not so sure, I'm not saying we'll win the league but we definitely have the ability to do it, as mentioned my only concern is a paper thin squad.

I'm counting down till Sept 1st just hoping no one else leaves before then.

Two teams that we've already beaten are winning comfortably today in Reading and Sheff Wed. It's great how these teams are bullying the rest of the division then getting slapped down hard by the toon. Know your place fellas this is the big time.

Two teams that we've already beaten are winning comfortably today in Reading and Sheff Wed. It's great how these teams are bullying the rest of the division then getting slapped down hard by the toon. Know your place fellas this is the big time.

I keep remembering that picture of the Scunthorpe player with the 'Bring on Shearer' flag.   :knuppel2: