PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I dont fancy getting promoted and playing Sunderland tbh. I think they could embarass us  :undecided:

There's a common theme with Bruce's team, wherever he goes he seems to start off extremely well, but after a while he goes stale and he's teams tend to. That happened at Brum and it was happening at Wigan. I think that's partly why he's moved around so much.

Not saying that Sunderland wouldn't roll us pretty badly, the signing of Bent I think is a masterstroke. They are a good prem team now and all credit to Bruce for transforming them form the crap they were last year. But I would worry about longevity of it all, if I were a Mackem (perish the thought).

Sunderland are lightyears ahead of us atm. Could very well last longer than we'd all like. Better football today (relatively). More of the same and the threat of the Nolanator is looking positive

They're on a brilliant run of form (a bit like Hull were for most of last season), but if anyone truly thinks they're as good as their current results might suggest they're f***ing nuts.  Definitely better then us at the moment of course.

I reckon if we played them 10 times they'd beat us 5 times, 2 draws and we'd win three. A round about way of saying they're better than us right now. They're right up there with the Stokes and Burnleys of the world nowadays (or the Hulls of last year)

Unfortunately for them because it's Sunderland they will never find sustainable success and the FGB will do no better there than he did at Wigan before moving on to another mid table club.

I dont fancy getting promoted and playing Sunderland tbh. I think they could embarass us  :undecided:

There's a common theme with Bruce's team, wherever he goes he seems to start off extremely well, but after a while he goes stale and he's teams tend to. That happened at Brum and it was happening at Wigan. I think that's partly why he's moved around so much.

Not saying that Sunderland wouldn't roll us pretty badly, the signing of Bent I think is a masterstroke. They are a good prem team now and all credit to Bruce for transforming them form the crap they were last year. But I would worry about longevity of it all, if I were a Mackem (perish the thought).

Sunderland are lightyears ahead of us atm. Could very well last longer than we'd all like. Better football today (relatively). More of the same and the threat of the Nolanator is looking positive

They're on a brilliant run of form (a bit like Hull were for most of last season), but if anyone truly thinks they're as good as their current results might suggest they're f***ing nuts.  Definitely better then us at the moment of course.

I reckon if we played them 10 times they'd beat us 5 times, 2 draws and we'd win three. A round about way of saying they're better than us right now. They're right up there with the Stokes and Burnleys of the world nowadays (or the Hulls of last year)

Unfortunately for them because it's Sunderland they will never find sustainable success and the FGB will do no better there than he did at Wigan before moving on to another mid table club.

I always feel theres a Glass ceiling on Sunderland as a club, lower than what can/ was ahieved here. for a few reasons,mainly the place is just shit tbh.

Sunderland just show how quickly a club can be turned around if the right players are aquired at the right times.

Sunderland are buying the right type of players like Darren Bent who would have come here if we hadn't got relegated. You can't compete in the premier without pace and athleticism, and that's why we'll need to invest next season. I know Nolan has done well this season, but when Ashley signed this type of player we were basically buying players for the Championship.

Sunderland just show how quickly a club can be turned around if the right players are aquired at the right times.

Sunderland are buying the right type of players like Darren Bent who would have come here if we hadn't got relegated. You can't compete in the premier without pace and athleticism, and that's why we'll need to invest next season. I know Nolan has done well this season, but when Ashley signed this type of player we were basically buying players for the Championship.

this is true, we have to hope players like Ranger, Carol benefit from a year in the Championship, then are able to at laest compete at the higher level. The likes of Butt, Harewood, are not gonna get us aywhere if we get promoted.

this is true, we have to hope players like Ranger, Carol benefit from a year in the Championship, then are able to at laest compete at the higher level. The likes of Butt, Harewood, are not gonna get us aywhere if we get promoted.

Yeah, Carroll and Ranger look like they might have the power and pace to compete at a higher level, buying younger players who have the hunger for football rather than pies is the way to go. We used to laugh at Sunderland when Andy Reid waddled out in their kit and while these type of players were first team regulars they were never going anywhere.

Guest Andover Bluebird

I have seen most teams this season in the Championship.  There are some utter crap teams (Plymouth, Scunthorpe and Coventry) with a huge amount of average teams.  WBA and the Geordies are easily the best with my boys(Cardiff) on their day awesome (shamewe are so inconsistent).  I predict that Newcastle will win, WBAwill be runners up and CCFC, QPR, Smoggies and Leicester in play offs.

Yeah, Carroll and Ranger look like they might have the power and pace to compete at a higher level, buying younger players who have the hunger for football rather than pies is the way to go. We used to laugh at Sunderland when Andy Reid waddled out in their kit and while these type of players were first team regulars they were never going anywhere.

Andy Reid's having a class season by the way... starts every game.

Guest neesy111

Andy Reid's having a class season by the way... starts every game.

lost quite a bit of weight as well

WBA seem to be in the form of their lives right now, lucky for us we are winning. I can see them turning a corner soon enough, although of course we will too, it hopefully wont last too long. If it is like the last time (DDLL) we will be grand. I find it weird that we are still 5 games from mid season :lol: So many games in this league, it really is class. On the evidence I have seen so far I reckon we will 100% be in the top 2, these 8 points are massive as I just cant see us having bad enough form consistantly for a team to catch us.

WBA seem to be in the form of their lives right now, lucky for us we are winning. I can see them turning a corner soon enough, although of course we will too, it hopefully wont last too long. If it is like the last time (DDLL) we will be grand. I find it weird that we are still 5 games from mid season :lol: So many games in this league, it really is class. On the evidence I have seen so far I reckon we will 100% be in the top 2, these 8 points are massive as I just cant see us having bad enough form consistantly for a team to catch us.

And more importantly, I certainly can't see teams going on a consistent-enough run of good form to overtake you. I mean, aye WBA are winning and winning well, but seemingly every weekend, 1 or 2 of your chasers consistently slip up (see: Leicester being pegged back, you beating Swansea, Boro being shit generally, etc).

unless MA rapes us in the january window

Guest neesy111

every team apart from us and west brom are so inconsistent, that i can't see any of them catching up.

the way i see things is that we need a maximum 85 points for automatic, but will most likely 80, and we're already 1/2 way there!

I'm still waiting for an Newcastle United sized injury list to fuck us over. We're lucky Enrique hasn't missed many (any?) games but we hit our poor form when Colo got injured. I'm happy but am convinced it will go (at least a little) pear shaped.

swansea played us off the park for large segemtns of the game and we still won 3-0. in all honesty, we're not a great footballing team by any strtch of the imagination, but if we dont piss this league soemthing is going badly wrong.

pissed or not, id put a LOT of money on us finishing first come may. we've got far too many individuals who are too good for this league, that is the simple fact.

swansea played us off the park for large segemtns of the game and we still won 3-0. in all honesty, we're not a great footballing team by any strtch of the imagination, but if we dont piss this league soemthing is going badly wrong.

pissed or not, id put a LOT of money on us finishing first come may. we've got far too many individuals who are too good for this league, that is the simple fact.

I'm not too sure about 1st place, because WBA look in much better form performance-wise as well as with their results now. But 2nd place at the very least is pretty much a certainty.

I'm not too sure about 1st place, because WBA look in much better form performance-wise as well as with their results now. But 2nd place at the very least is pretty much a certainty.

did we not out class WBA when we played them?

did we not out class WBA when we played them?

Nah. Krul saved a point for us really that day, we were ok though. They created far more chances.

I thought we played well in the circumstances (everyone had written us off before the season had begun), but they just look a better footballing side from what I've seen.

They look like a better Footballing side but also a softer side then us with less quality individuals.  I also thought we did well at their ground,  they were the team at home and they couldn't beat us despite their goal being quite lucky.