PROMOTIONOMETER

cp40
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

40 games left. Win 25 of them and draw 10 means we should romp this poxy league comfortably.

We'll still need a complete overhaul next summer though.

who the fuck we gonna lose 5 games to in this shit?

2 vs us.

:mackems:

40 games left. Win 25 of them and draw 10 means we should romp this poxy league comfortably.

We'll still need a complete overhaul next summer though.

who the fuck we gonna lose 5 games to in this shit?

We're going to slip up from time to time. I reckon 100 points is achievable this season.

I've said all along we should piss this league and I've seen nothing that should frighten us.

This is a fairly obvious statement but I guess our biggest test will be how we respond to our first defeat.

Hopefully we will have regained enough confidence to just let it brush off us - hopefully it wont go the other way in that it sucks every ounce of confidence back out of us.

Winning 30, drawing 10, and losing 6 is perfectly realistic I think.

:nods:

Even Sunderland fans are putting us down to win on their coupons every week now. :lol: 

tbf i had them yesterday. (though it was mainly hull to lose away as i'll do the vast majority of the season)

sort ourselves out we could piss this

Still applies.

yeah, the sorting out is taking its time tho.

According to Sillius, someone with "green" was in the stadium tonight, I wonder???????

http://www.cnet.co.uk/i/c/blg/cat/peripherals/blackadder.JPG

Still applies.

Automatic promotion isn't a formality because there are only two places and despite our flying start, WBA and boro are still up with us. We need to assert ourselves more instead of adopting a defensive formation against every team when not all of them are worthy of this over-respectful approach.

Still applies.

Paper thin squad is going to come back and bite us in the arse in the end

Fatigue probably played it's part in our demise tonight tbh. We've travelled a fucking long way to Cardiff. Come back. Bit of training. Then almost exactly the same squad has travelled a long way to Blackpool and we've gone and lost. You're absolutely right.

Automatic promotion isn't a formality because there are only two places and despite our flying start, WBA and boro are still up with us. We need to assert ourselves more instead of adopting a defensive formation against every team when not all of them are worthy of this over-respectful approach.

Hughtons mainly adopted it purely because the strikers were injured, which is fair enough. It looked a temporary measure that was still managing to grind results, happy days. The issue comes when you stick with that less than efficient formation even though you now have players back...purely because its been narrowly winning you games. Not the best idea and its backfired on him.

The mentality we need to win games in this league is that we'll piss every one of these teams away as we're better quality, the moment we start sitting back and getting nervy we're not playing as a top side in the league atall & wont get the results of one.

I've been a little surprised at how strong Boro and Brom have been, thought at least one of them would struggle. This has made me adjust my theory that it's only ourselves that'll stop us going straight back up. I would still be completely shocked if we didn't make at least the playoffs, but got to say that we are going to be in a huge fight with Boro and Brom for those two spots and after last night I think we are probably 3rd favourites in that battle.

I've been a little surprised at how strong Boro and Brom have been, thought at least one of them would struggle. This has made me adjust my theory that it's only ourselves that'll stop us going straight back up. I would still be completely shocked if we didn't make at least the playoffs, but got to say that we are going to be in a huge fight with Boro and Brom for those two spots and after last night I think we are probably 3rd favourites in that battle.

Why?  All three teams have five wins, West Brom have one more draw then us but have had an easier run.  Its clearly almost impossible to split us at the moment and that's while we've consistently had 4 first teamers missing.

Going for a four at the minute - cautiously optimistic, but the small squad is still a worry.

Not that optimistic, you don't even think we'll make the play offs.

Ah, but it's cautious optimisim that with the current squad we won't be out of the reckoning but there or there abouts (to quote another thread  :razz:) when May comes around.  Once we bring in a few on loan then my optimism may grow.