Man City

Guest BooBoo

They'll start really well, but that won't last.

They have far too many players with planet-sized egos who will not take kindly to a spell on the bench, if they were in the Champion's League then a few of the players might be more patient but a run out in the reserves or in the League Cup won't suffice.  Hughes doesn't have the knowledge or respect to deal with the players in that situation.

I'd be surprised if Hughes is still in charge after Christmas.

People saying Hughes won't stay beyond Christmas - a number of people including myself thought he'd be gone this summer.  They've stuck with him this long and he ain't as bad as what people make out.  Did a good job at Wales and Blackburn.

Part of me actually hopes they get top 4 because somebody needs to. When the likes of us, Leeds and even Everton got top 4 it kept things fresh and interesting to watch. The past 4 or 5 seasons have been so predictable though to be honest and it needs to change as far as top 4 finishes go.

Part of me actually hopes they get top 4 because somebody needs to. When the likes of us, Leeds and even Everton got top 4 it kept things fresh and interesting to watch. The past 4 or 5 seasons have been so predictable though to be honest and it needs to change as far as top 4 finishes go.

Agree. Got no problem with it at all.

Who gives a fuck when we're not even in the same division?

They'll struggle to break the top four until they pull some real spending power. Bar Tevez, they're yet to buy anyone good enough for the top four IMO.

They seem to be buying all of the best of the rest (Barry, Bellamy, SWP, Given) and I seriously can't see them getting Terry.

Given is easily top 4 quality

Who gives a f*** when we're not even in the same division?

A lot of people will still follow the Premiership next season. It's not like the prem doesn't exist anymore now that we've been relegated :lol:

:kinnear:

I still think they lack something. I think a lot of their players would be in and out of the top 4 squads but they don't have the special players just very expensive good players (baring Robinho although his attitude is already questionable, seems to think he is too good for them imo).

Who gives a f*** when we're not even in the same division?

A lot of people will still follow the Premiership next season. It's not like the prem doesn't exist anymore now that we've been relegated :lol:

:kinnear:

Fair enough. Personally I'll be concentrating on the league we're competing in, couldn't give a shit whether the top four in the league above is interesting or not.

Fair enough. Personally I'll be concentrating on the league we're competing in, couldn't give a shit whether the top four in the league above is interesting or not.

Agree, will still watch the Prem but couldn't give a flying one what happens at the top (much like the last few seasons when we've been nowhere near :( )

I think Hughes has a hell of a job making that squad tick, and i don't think he'll manage it. They'll finish 7th or 8th, sack Hughes, get some big name and then things will probably start happening for them. With a bit of luck they'll implode in on themselves, get relegated and go into administration - but i'm in dreamland there. No other club i'd love to see it happen to, though.

Guest Heneage

And fwiw, I think give it a few seasons and Chelsea will start fading big time.  They'll go back to having hopes of finishing in top 6.

On what basis?

Abramovich has clearly lost interest.  Drogba and Lampard are 31 as it is, only a few more seasons in them.  I think Terry and Essien will leave.  Just generally think the core of their team will fall apart and imo, won't be able to attract players good enough to replace them.

Just a weird hunch, but think it will happen.

Liverpool won't finish behind Arsenal.

Agreed. I don't think Liverpool will finish any lower than 3rd, probably higher in fact, and that's coming from a blue.

Really don't know what to make of City yet.

They obviously still need to sort out the defence and they could end up being really unbalanced in midfield and attack by trying to fit all of the 'names' into the starting XI. Or it could all click and they'll play Champions League football the following season.

A lot of it will depend on whether Hughes has the balls to make big decisions and whether he can handle the egos. He struggled to do it last year with the likes of Elano & Richards so is he going to be able to do it when he's got multiple players with a higher profile than that?