Man City

Guest BooBoo

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its pretty mental like.

I'd like to see them just keep spending and have a super friendly with Real Madrid, I'd buy a ticket.

Abramovich has clearly lost interest.  Drogba and Lampard are 31 as it is, only a few more seasons in them.  I think Terry and Essien will leave.  Just generally think the core of their team will fall apart and imo, won't be able to attract players good enough to replace them.

Just a weird hunch, but think it will happen.

They have been linked to Ribery, Kaka,Tevez, Pirlo, Pato and more and your drawing from all that - Abramovich has clearly lost interest?  I suppose him personally speaking to John Terry about his future warrants your claim as well.

It's so difficult to break top four, and I don't think they'll do it next season. If you look at the European results over the last two years, you'd say that, along with Barcelona, those four would be in the top five teams in the world. The standard is very high.

John Terry would make a big difference, and they must be offering him a huge contract if he's even considering coming. Santa Cruz is a good player but Tevez is a bit over-rated. Barry is good but not great.

On top of all that, Hughes has got to generate some team spirit amongst a fairly disparate group who have largely been attracted by the money. Not easy.

Guest Stephen927

It depends on how quick the players click. I'm sure they will have a couple of good results next season against the top four, but ultimately it's a 38 game season, I don't think the team will start to click until the mid way point if they're lucky with injuries. They will probably get a few good results in the first half, as they do have players who can change a game on their own...

I think they'll finish 7th with a surge in the second half of the season, I think even with a 7th placed finish, Hughes will be walking on eggshells.

Liverpool won't finish behind Arsenal.

They won't finish behind anyone.

Here's hoping!

Can't see Citeh breaking into the top 4. Their squad lacks the depth of the top 4 squads, and there's a huge gulf in class between Hughes and Wenger, Benitez, Fergie and Ancelotti.

Arsenal have been close to missing the CL in recent seasons, and if Wenger does drop the ball, I don't think it will be Citeh that takes advantage. Everton or Villa for me.

Football is not as simple as "buy loads of good players, finish high up the league", it takes time.

I think City are going about it the wrong way. RSC, Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho plus the strikers they already have. They're not even in Europe, how are they going to keep those players happy? And, players who quite clearly are only there for the money.

In many ways they're a Middlesbrough on a larger scale - buying players who're there purely for the cash.

If they carry on like that over time, it is bound to pay off with something, but what they're doing at the moment will not bring instant results, and is incredibly vulgar to watch.

I always thought I'd be genuinely happy for any team to break the top four with any permananence, but now I know that isn't the case.

Before you even start considering the happiness issues - the tactical mastermind that is Mark Hughes has got to conjure some sort of working system out of these players. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Tevez, Bellamy.

Robinho -------------------------- Adebayor

-------------------- Tevez ---------------------                           

?, or is Robinho not even a striker? In which case... what - put Bellamy there instead and put Robinho in midfield? He's not a midfielder either, like.

------------------ Adebayor -------------------

Robinho ------------------------------ Bellamy

As a 4-5-1 stylee? But then, don't think Adebayor or RSC have ever played in that role so that'd be a bit of a waste, and what about Tevez?

Lots of options like, but he's got a fucking mammoth task finding the balance between: making a system work/keeping all the players happy.

Before you even start considering the happiness issues - the tactical mastermind that is Mark Hughes has got to conjure some sort of working system out of these players. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Robinho, Tevez, Bellamy.

Robinho -------------------------- Adebayor

-------------------- Tevez ---------------------                             

?, or is Robinho not even a striker? In which case... what - put Bellamy there instead and put Robinho in midfield? He's not a midfielder either, like.

------------------ Adebayor -------------------

Robinho ------------------------------ Bellamy

As a 4-5-1 stylee? But then, don't think Adebayor or RSC have ever played in that role so that'd be a bit of a waste, and what about Tevez?

Lots of options like, but he's got a fucking mammoth task finding the balance between: making a system work/keeping all the players happy.

You mean 'impossible', right?

Can't see Hughes lasting a full season there.

Thing is it's the likes of Bellamy, Adebayor, Tevez that have come out like twats at the first sign of trouble - at the first sign of them not being the main man, and buggered off. I agree with you, Neil - Hughes won't be able to handle it.

Guest Heneage

They binned the gaffer that would have been ideal for this seasons scenario, and replaced him with the gaffer that was ideal for last seasons scenario. Well played, City.

His signings would be better too, seeing as he has a contacts book that is like World Football's yellow pages.

I think City are going about it the wrong way. RSC, Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho plus the strikers they already have. They're not even in Europe, how are they going to keep those players happy? And, players who quite clearly are only there for the money.

By offering them huge wages! Simple as that and you don't need to be looking for an example from too far way... :weep:

I'm an admirer of Fergie, but he's bang out of order in revealing that Adebayor was trying to join United. That's going too far.

It could be an indication that he's worried. Not necessarily about City, but about his club's general financial muscle. Tevez and Ronaldo have gone, and they missed out on Benzema.

I'm an admirer of Fergie, but he's bang out of order in revealing that Adebayor was trying to join United. That's going too far.

It could be an indication that he's worried. Not necessarily about City, but about his club's general financial muscle. Tevez and Ronaldo have gone, and they missed out on Benzema.

He's lieing. He always does it.

If this was somebody other than SAF, everyone would be saying that he's cracking up!