Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Call me crazy but I think he's got more bottle than Given.

Shay used to stay on his line for crosses which puts pressure on the defenders at least Krul goes for the ball.

Given never had the aerial presence Krul has. Shay's strength was his shot stopping rather than his height.

These are all good points. In fact, when they get used to Krul's abilities, the defence could push up a bit more and that would solve a lot of things that are wrong at the moment at this club.

You reckon he will be able to afford a buyer for us if the defence push up?

I meant on the pitch.

People are criticising him for how he deals with crosses as if Harper isn't s**** at it himself. :lol:

harper rarely comes flying out for obviously unreachable stuff. hence the pav likeness.

Harper rarely comes out at all, which is just as much of a weakness as coming out too much.

i'll bet defenders will tell you different.

There's an element of truth in both arguments, but the thought that "the keeper isn't going to help me here" isn't a good one for cente halves to have.

Not coming for the ball & staying rooted to their line is/was a major flaw in both Given's & Harper's game, so to that extent it's something different for us seeing a keeper prepared to back his own judgment.

His judgement isn't going to be spot on at the age he is & will improve as he gets older, plays more games in the first team & plays with a familiar back four (so long as it excludes Colocinni obviously)

In the 135 minutes we've seen of Krul playing first team football, he's showed much more than Harper has over 10 years.

you may have a point in krul being worthy of a run but saying he's showed more than harper has in 10 years is s*** of a high order.

I'ts not tho man.  Harper's never had reactions anything close to what we've seen of Krul in these 2 games.  And it's not as if he hasn't had the chance.

Nah harpers made a few class saves in his time. But his reflexes do look to have gone downhill recently, hed never have saved all 3 of those today. Not a chance.

the one with his foot i think he'd have got. the reaction from the feeble palm out i think normally he'd have got a better touch on but the one low down as soon as he came on was a ggod good save i don't think harper would have made.

Shay used to stay on his line for crosses which puts pressure on the defenders at least Krul goes for the ball.

Given never had the aerial presence Krul has. Shay's strength was his shot stopping rather than his height.

These are all good points. In fact, when they get used to Krul's abilities, the defence could push up a bit more and that would solve a lot of things that are wrong at the moment at this club.

TBH I reckon that's been the main stumbling block to a sale.

TBH I reckon that's been the main stumbling block to a sale.

KRUL OUT!

He looked really promising and did what he had to do well.

This, I don't want to get all knee-jerk after a few admittedly good saves when he was brought on to do a job.  We don't know if he can do that week-in/week-out if chosen.

That one-handed save he made while diving (all right, falling) the other way was very good.

'Easy' according to bitter dickhead Lawrenson.

Aye was embarrassing, the other commentator was praising it while Lawro was trying to butt in the ****.

Reckon we need to give youth a chance in general and that means Krul will get my vote - not that it counts for anything. The thing I like about him is his size - if you were to design a keeper from scratch you'd want someone his height and with his reach that is still athletic enough to get down. I thought he tried his best to dominate the box to help the defence (unlike Harps or Shay). Of course as a young keeper he is bound to make mistakes but I'd back him to come good.

That one-handed save he made while diving (all right, falling) the other way was very good.

'Easy' according to bitter dickhead Lawrenson.

if it was in agame you werent bothered about it would be put down as a poor finish and a save a keeper should make as it was well within his reach. done well in staying upright mind and not committing too early which inexperienced keepers often do.

In the 135 minutes we've seen of Krul playing first team football, he's showed much more than Harper has over 10 years.

what absolute nonsense. 10 years ago Harper was on hell of a young keeper. Anyone remember his performance against Boro away, that incredible save onto the bar?

So easy to take a few good saves, and then make such a massive judgement. He's looks like a great shotstopper, fair enough. But if you think 135 minutes of that makes him better than Harper, you basically don't understand goalkeeping or even football.

The jury is still out, and so it f***ing should be

The difference between harper and krul is harper freezes on his line and krul comes out and wins that ball, kicking looks better and he is more agile. Alright one game b ut both keepers had a half each and I know who I would prefer already and it aint harper. I want the keeper to come off his line and grab it. With harper he is always on his line never seems to move. On crosses he is shocking. For the record Krul came out at least 3 times and won balls in the air that harper would not have even been off his line for

what absolute nonsense. 10 years ago Harper was on hell of a young keeper. Anyone remember his performance against Boro away, that incredible save onto the bar?

So easy to take a few good saves

Like the one you've just mentioned................

The difference between harper and krul is harper freezes on his line and krul comes out and wins that ball, kicking looks better and he is more agile. Alright one game b ut both keepers had a half each and I know who I would prefer already and it aint harper. I want the keeper to come off his line and grab it. With harper he is always on his line never seems to move. On crosses he is shocking. For the record Krul came out at least 3 times and won balls in the air that harper would not have even been off his line for

Aye, and twice the ball was nearly in the back of the net! In fact, one time it was!

Played very well I thought. He seemed a bit twitchy but I think that will pass after a few games.

He's young, ambitious and he'll get even better whereas Harper is very much on the way down (but still a decent keeper though). It's a no-brainer tbh.