Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Tim Krul is hoping Newcastle's protracted sale is soon finalised.

Mike Ashley is still trying to sell the fallen North East giants, but as yet a deal does not seem imminent.

As the sale has not gone through, caretaker boss Chris Hughton remains in charge.

And Krul admits he will not get a chance to push Steve Harper for the number one jersey until a permanent boss is brought in.

Krul told Dutch magazine Sportweek, that he would like to see Barry Moat brought in as he would bring back Alan Shearer to the club.

On Hughton, he commented: "He wants to keep everyone happy, especially the experienced boys.

"Hughton doesn't want any problems with them.

"I need someone to say that I can become his number one goalkeeper, then I can really start to put some pressure on Harper.

"Now I know that even if I have a good match I will be on the bench a week later."

Krul would be happy to see Shearer brought in, saying: "He picked me as his reserve keeper last season, he told me I was a little behind Harper, but if something would happen I would be in, and that was when we were in the Premier League."

Krul has, though, been told he will continue to play in the Carling Cup - having started against Huddersfield in the last round.

"About two weeks from now we will play in the next round against Peterborough and hopefully I will play and we go through.

"I still have two years left on my contract so this is a very important season for me."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5543352,00.html

Mike Ashley is still trying to sell the fallen North East giants, but as yet a deal does not seem imminent.

As the sale has not gone through, caretaker boss Chris Hughton remains in charge.

And Krul admits he will not get a chance to push Steve Harper for the number one jersey until a permanent boss is brought in.

Krul told Dutch magazine Sportweek, that he would like to see Barry Moat brought in as he would bring back Alan Shearer to the club.

On Hughton, he commented: "He wants to keep everyone happy, especially the experienced boys.

The lad is spot on - let's hope we get a response from Hughton by not putting Butt in the starting 11 when fit!

Guest Heneage

The lad is spot on - let's hope we get a response from Hughton by not putting Butt in the starting 11 when fit!

I'm amazed more hasn't been put on that statement.

If Shearer becomes manager in the not so distant future Krul will be well hacked off with Harper being a big mate of Shearer or does he not realise this  ;D,plenty time for the kid to learn and hope he makes it for us and we dont have to sell our best players in future .

In response to his U21 manager giving us grief for not giving him enough games.

Guest Heneage

Are you referring to the keep them happy bit?

Aye.

His U21 manager came out and said he needs more games and is unhappy with his selection at Newcastle. Now Krul comes out with this. He's just had his ear bent a bit, and considering Krul's comments are to a Dutch mag or something i guess what his manager has said was put to him and this is his answer.

Having a sly dig, but at least he's not throwing in transfer requests...yet.

Guest Heneage

Aye.

His U21 manager came out and said he needs more games and is unhappy with his selection at Newcastle. Now Krul comes out with this. He's just had his ear bent a bit, and considering Krul's comments are to a Dutch mag or something i guess what his manager has said was put to him and this is his answer.

Aye true, I'm just more surprised a journalist here hasn't ran with the quote and twisted it.

Aye.

Aye true, I'm just more surprised a journalist here hasn't ran with the quote and twisted it.

Unfortunately there is time.

With the Internationals on ATM they've got something else to write about, this can wait for a dry week.

If Shearer becomes manager in the not so distant future Krul will be well hacked off with Harper being a big mate of Shearer or does he not realise this  ;D,plenty time for the kid to learn and hope he makes it for us and we dont have to sell our best players in future .

The only encouraging thing from that is Shearer also wasn't afraid to drop his mate Owen. Although I honestly think after the effort Owen put in when Shearer was in charge their friendship won't be anything like it was.

International managers.coaches need to shut the fk up, its not his place to give advice like that to the squad he picks. Its not the first time we have had shit like this happen, if Lambias was any kind of Chairman he would be on the blower to FIFA kicking off.

Dutch warning for United goalkeeper Krul Sep 05 2009

TIM Krul has been warned he can not fulfil his ambition to play international football while he’s sitting on the bench at Newcastle United

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/05/dutch-warning-for-united-goalkeeper-krul-61634-24612374/

Guest optimistic nit

I think we should send him out on loan once Forsters spell at Norwich finishes, they both seem as good as each other and another spell somewhere as number 1 will do him good.

much rather keep him here tbh. he's good enough to be a championship number one. we should give him a few games this season, even if he doesn't break through to be our first goalkeeper. dont think sending him out on loan will achieve anything other than making him feel he's not needed.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

By all means he should get a few appearances this season in cups etc but he shouldn't take over from Harper as number one until after 2-3 years. He still has much to learn and if he makes a few mistakes in one match, he could lose confidence and end up on a miserable run of form, because he was thrown in too early. Give him a couple of years, give him loads of experience in the reserves and possibly out of loan and then see if he is ready

If he gets 10 starts this year he'll be doing very very well for his age.

Which other 21 year old keeper is getting regular game at a club bigger than Newcastle (top of the CCC)?

There are quite few  who were regulars when they were 21 his hero Van Der Sar being the main one. GK's like Akinfeev & Neuer both 22 have been regulars in there teams for a while. Was that lad Shay Given a regular by the age of 21.

Which other 21 year old keeper is getting regular game at a club bigger than Newcastle (top of the CCC)?

There are quite few  who were regulars when they were 21 his hero Van Der Sar being the main one. GK's like Akinfeev & Neuer both 22 have been regulars in there teams for a while. Was that lad Shay Given a regular by the age of 21.

Casillas, Víctor Valdés, Reina... all regulars since they were 21.

So there's one or two now, and possibly a couple a decade ago.

Not really the norm is it?

All very much top class keepers as well.

Casillas, Víctor Valdés, Reina... all regulars since they were 21.

Again top class keepers and again from 7-8 years ago.

Don't really think he's got anything to worry about, and really his coach should understand a keeper doesn't get the luxury of making mistakes and gets away with it. Everything is against a keeper who's young.

21 for a keeper is like 16 for an outfield player.

Also if Krul becomes the quality of any of those keepers mentioned and we get to hold on to him were laughing.

So there's one or two now, and possibly a couple a decade ago.

Not really the norm is it?

All very much top class keepers as well.

There are stacks to be honest & loads from recent past such Robert Green, Joe Hart, Paul Robinson.

Of course it seems less because there is only one postion to fill. But every week Joe Hart & Wayne Hennessey both 22 are regular starters in the PL meaning 10% of PL GK's are 22 & under.

I named them keepers because Nixon said bigger than Newcastle, I could of said Davey Knight @ Darlo, Alex Smithies who plays for Clarkie at Huddersfield & that Lewis chap at Peterborough is young.

21 for a keeper is like 16 for an outfield player.

Haway man TT I could find a stack of GK's 21ish who are regulars, how many 16ish year olds are regular starters. Most of the Arsenal lads are in there 20's now.

Ish = year eitherside

Krul would have been a regular starter in most teams by now, his problem at Newcastle is that he has had two highly rated keepers holding the shirt ahead of him. He's potentially a lot better than Harper but until he gets regular games he isn't going to progress.

By all means he should get a few appearances this season in cups etc but he shouldn't take over from Harper as number one until after 2-3 years. He still has much to learn and if he makes a few mistakes in one match, he could lose confidence and end up on a miserable run of form, because he was thrown in too early. Give him a couple of years, give him loads of experience in the reserves and possibly out of loan and then see if he is ready

He would be a starter for almost every club in the Dutch Eredivisie, and therein lies the problem. I can't see him wanting to stick around as our reserve goalkeeper for 2 or 3 more years if the likes of PSV or Feyenoord come knocking.

And it starts

Krul blasts Hughton's approach at Newcastle

2009-09-10 - Added by ExtraFootie

Newcastle United goalkeeper Tim Krul has blasted caretaker boss Chris Hughton for pandering to his senior players and has urged the club's hierarchy to appoint a permanent manager.

Krul, 21, has made just one appearance in the thrilling 4-3 Carling Cup win over Huddersfied since a man-of-the-match display on the opening day against West Brom.

The highly-rated Holland Under-21 custodian finds himself as understudy to current Magpies' No.1 Steve Harper but believes he is not being given a fair crack of the whip by Hughton.

Speaking to Dutch magazine Sportweek, Krul said: "Chris Hughton just wants to keep everybody happy, especially the experienced lads.

"He doesn't want any disputes with them - he has said so himself.

"I need someone to say that I can become his number one goalkeeper, then I can really start to put some pressure on Harper.

"So right now we simply need a new manager. It will be better for me and for everybody."

However, with Newcastle currently sitting top of the Championship table after an impressive unbeaten start to the new season it would appear the North East giants are in no rush to issue Hughton with his P45 just yet.

http://www.extrafootie.co.uk/clubs/detailed/England_newcastle-united/26436/