Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

During his earlier games he used to release the ball quickly, throwing it out wide a lot BUT he seems to be doing that less the more he plays. He is not anywhere near as bad as Harper who takes an age to release the ball BUT there were times today when he could have thrown the ball out, instead he held onto it and then punted it long (though this might be due to the instructions from the manager)

That aside he has been superb this season, looks extremely confident and commands his area very well

Guest magpie99

I would go as far as saying Krul is developing into the best keeper in the premier league.I cannot think of any, if there are any at present, better than him.  My only worry is how long we can keep a hold of him before some bigger team comes along and offers Ashley a kings ransom for him.

I've just seen the save again. The ball was actually well behind him when he got it. Incredible reflexes and agility.

I actually think at the moment we're a mid-table team who has been put into 4th place by their keeper.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Best save I've seen him make. Not any kind of expert on keeping but looks incredibly difficult to get to that kind of shot with your left hand and get it out.

I would put him ahead of Reina.

Some people on here think Reina is "clearly" the best keeper in the league, i don't agree.

Although Krul isn't quite there yet.

Reina is the best in the league, not clearly, but he is.

Krul has the potential to be the best, but isn't there yet. Still great having such a good young keeper.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Imagine Harper making that save? :lol:

Harper has a `rooted to the spot` policy for any shot that is deflected/comes through a crowd of bodies so previous history tells me we would have been 1-0 down!

• 2 weeks later...