Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I don't give a fuck about his gamesmanship.  You're in the quarter finals of the World Cup and it's a competitive sport where mental strength plays a huge part.  I thought it was brilliant TBH and had a lot of time for his whole routine. 

I watched the game at a small street party in a village north of Amsterdam.  Great experience!  I got to tell everyone about Krul for Newcastle and how he's normally poor for penalties :lol:

Krul had the right idea in that he waited for a long as possible before diving. Always the better option in a shootout against players who don't normally take penalties, and especially players likely to be pretty mentally unprepared for the magnitude of the situation. Up against regular penalty takers during a Saturday afternoon PL game you have to pick a side and go, so fair play to Tim for getting his strategy right.

On the gamesmanship, I'm not in favour of it. Looked pretty classless up against minnows like CR. If I was a peripheral Costa Rica squad member I'd have walked up there and punched him on the jaw. See how you like that for gamesmanship, prick.

Doubt he'd be able to go through the same antics if it goes to a shootout. The Argies are no pushovers and will surely confront the referee about the gamesmanship if it happens.

Krul had the right idea in that he waited for a long as possible before diving. Always the better option in a shootout against players who don't normally take penalties, and especially players likely to be pretty mentally unprepared for the magnitude of the situation. Up against regular penalty takers during a Saturday afternoon PL game you have to pick a side and go, so fair play to Tim for getting his strategy right.

On the gamesmanship, I'm not in favour of it. Looked pretty classless up against minnows like CR. If I was a peripheral Costa Rica squad member I'd have walked up there and punched him on the jaw. See how you like that for gamesmanship, prick.

:lol:

Reminds me of one of my favourite posts on here, in reference to Villa fans:

Wankers. I saw a group of about 10 of them taunting a couple of lasses in toon shirts as I was walking out up that long road. I rolled up my sleeves to mid-bicep, puffed out my chest and walked right towards the group in my silver 3rd strip, and sure enough they parted like the Red Sea.

Horrible, cowardly c***s from a horrible part of the country. They're getting what they deserve now and it's bloody fitting that we were the first team to benefit from their fall.

:lol: :lol: it reads so well.

Is the Ronaldo hardman thing a joke?  I can never quite work out if it is an in-joke that I missed out on.

:lol: pretty sure he's solid. I imagine a massively swollen dude trying to type and slapping ten keys at once with a single finger.

That lesser known rule of the penalty shootout which states the taker must remain silent and stationary?

The pressure's all on the taker, not the keeper. What's the player going to be able to say to put the keeper off? Sod all.

That lesser known rule of the penalty shootout which states the taker must remain silent and stationary?

The pressure's all on the taker, not the keeper. What's the player going to be able to say to put the keeper off? Sod all.

:thup: when do you ever watch a penalty shoot out and think the keeper was to blame for the outcome?

Anything he likes.  Tell him he's gonna dink it up the middle and make him look an idiot or something.  At the very least tell him to fuck off.