Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

He has no intention of leaving, even now. He knows NUFC is the best place for him to be at this stage in his career, and so does the club.

i'd guess he knows that, the club i'm not so sure. doesn't seem to know it's arse from it's elbow at the best of times

Arsenal and Sunderland warned off Toon ace Krul

Published Date:  12 August 2009

TIM Krul's suitors were today warned they can't afford the highly-rated goalkeeper.

Krul underlined his potential with a clean sheet for Holland – just three days after his sensational showing for Newcastle United at The Hawthorns.

And amid speculation that a clutch of Premier League clubs – including Newcastle's Tyne-Wear rivals Sunderland – are ready to move for the 21-year-old, United captain Alan Smith is hoping Krul stays at St James's Park to compete with No 1 Steve Harper for a place between the posts.

Krul pulled off two superb saves – from Micah Richards and Junior Stanislas – in last night's goalless draw against England's Under-21s in Groningen, which saw his club colleague Andy Carroll come off the bench to make his debut for Stuart Pearce's side.

A dozen scouts representing top-flight clubs were reportedly at the Euroborg Stadion, with Arsenal, Portsmouth, Wigan Athletic and Hull City also said to be keen on Krul, who came on for the injured Harper for the second half against West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

Krul – who has pledged his loyalty to Newcastle – was outstanding in what was only his second United appearance, and Smith reckons clubs will not be able to afford him.

"He was phenomenal," Smith told the Gazette. "I know there's been a lot of speculation about his future, and big teams wanting to take him, but hopefully we can keep hold of him now.

"He was outstanding. I know Tim's a very confident lad. He's probably put a few more million on his price tag, so hopefully he's scared a few off!"

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton will assess Harper – who suffered concussion – this week before making a decision on his goalkeeper for Saturday night's home game against Reading.

Smith went on: "Steve's got concussion, which is obviously a disappointment, because he's a senior member of the squad. He'll probably miss Saturday's game, as you have to leave it a week.

"It gives Tim a chance, and we've got other young lads as well. You saw Nile (Ranger) come on. It's good experience for everyone, as not many players in that dressing room have played in the Championship."

Meanwhile, United's third-choice goalkeeper Fraser Forster was not given permission to turn out for loan club Bristol Rovers in their 2-1 Carling Cup win over Aldershot Town last night.

Forster is on a month's loan at the Memorial Stadium.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Arsenal-and-Sunderland-warned-off.5546827.jp

Even if we keep him now,  there's no way he'll be here in a few years time, same with ranger and Vukcic,  all 3 will be sold before we see the best of them.

The really bad thing is we are so poor now and even if we were to go up we'd be one of the teams struggling in the bottom 8 that we now even had the likes of Stoke, West ham, Hull, Sunderland type teams looking at snapping up our decent players!!!

Even if we keep him now,  there's no way he'll be here in a few years time, same with ranger and Vukcic,  all 3 will be sold before we see the best of them.

The really bad thing is we are so poor now and even if we were to go up we'd be one of the teams struggling in the bottom 8 that we now even had the likes of Stoke, West ham, Hull, Sunderland type teams looking at snapping up our decent players!!!

Notr if the club is sold to man with ambition and a manager that knows to keep the best players, if we are in the Prem then they will all be kept, non of this selling our best players shit, transfer requests should be ripped up.

Whats the point of signing young talented kids only to sell them on.

Notr if the club is sold to man with ambition and a manager that knows to keep the best players, if we are in the Prem then they will all be kept, non of this selling our best players s***, transfer requests should be ripped up.

Whats the point of signing young talented kids only to sell them on.

We will still be small fry if we were to go up, will take new owners a few years to get the club back on a decent financial footing,  teams like Hull can pay Jimmy Bullard £50000 a week,  we are struggling to offer any prospective new player £5k a week.

i will put it on record now that there is more chance of Ashley getting the freedom of Newcastle than we see Krul, Ranger and Vukcic playing for NUFC when they're 25, even 23.

Regarding your last point about signing promising youngters only to sell them, its to make a big profit, exactly what we done with Bassong.

Guest optimistic nit

with the way football is at the moment ANY sort of statement about how we or anyone else will be in 12 months time is nothing more than a guess (x10 for us). the idea that we wont see ranger, vukcic or krul playing when they are 23 is just ludicrous apathy.

we sold bassong because he wanted to go and we couldn't do anything to stop him. if we get back into the premiership next season that will change. if we dont we'll probably lose krul, but we vukcic and ranger have a long way to go before premiership clubs will be prepared to spent the amount of money it will take to get them and playing for newcastle (in the CCC or not) is still a more attractive option than spending time on stoke's bench.

i will put it on record now that there is more chance of Ashley getting the freedom of Newcastle than we see Krul, Ranger and Vukcic playing for NUFC when they're 25, even 23.

If you are willing to go on record saying you're gonna eat a hatful of your own shit if that happens then I might care about your predictions.  :thup:

• 3 weeks later...
I'm happy to stay in Toon, says ace Krul

Published Date:  29 August 2009

TIM Krul says he has no intention of leaving Newcastle United – despite interest from a host of clubs.

Krul has consistently been linked with moves away from St James's Park over the summer months, and it was feared the club might try to cash in on the 21-year-old goalkeeper, who made his home debut in the midweek Carling Cup win over Huddersfield Town.

However, having established himself as United's No2 between the posts after the departure of Shay Given in January, Krul is more than happy with life at Newcastle.

Asked about his future, Krul told the Gazette: "Not many clubs can beat Newcastle United.

"Of course you've got the top six, but I think Newcastle is still up there. You saw the fans at Crystal Palace – 3,500, sold out.

"It's fantastic – especially at a difficult time. That just shows what Newcastle's all about.

"Of course I want to play, but I think it's going to be a long season, and I'm sure there will be other chances."

Krul had gone into the Huddersfield game having not conceded a goal in his two senior appearances – against West Bromwich Albion on the opening day of the season and Palermo in November 2006 – but he went on to pick the ball out of his net three times as United came from behind to win 4-3.

One of Town's goals was from the penalty spot, and Krul was furious with visiting striker Theo Robinson, who he felt had gone down too easily.

However, his thoughts are now very much back on Newcastle's Championship campaign, and Krul is confident that United – who face Leicester City at St James's Park on Monday night – can build on their promising start.

Krul went on: "It's been fantastic. We said before the season we wanted three clean sheets in the first five league games, and we've already got them!

"We're doing really well with 10 points. I don't think many people expected that. The run we've had is fantastic, and hopefully we can extend that.

"With the way we're playing now, hopefully we can get straight back up."

Krul's next appearance for the club could be in the third round of the Carling Cup, whose draw was being held at lunchtime today.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/I39m-happy-to-stay-in.5600609.jp

Time is on my side – Tim Krul

Aug 29 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/29/time-is-on-my-side-tim-krul-72703-24561150/

good, he's got a lot to learn and will be in an excellent position to replace Harper in 2 years time

in five years.. learn his ass off in the reserves

Lets say 10 just to be sure he never makes a mistake. Like Harper ":thup:"

Don't see what the problem is with what Ronaldo has said.

Playing him all the time will do more harm than good. He clearly needs work on his decision making/dealing with crosses, and with him still being only 21 there's more than enough time for that to be ironed out.

A few more games like the one he had on Wednesday is the last thing he needs, he's just not ready yet tbh.