Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

What kind of s*** replacement would we get with £8m?  Oh, we have Darlow.

GWWA.

£8m for Krul, £15m for Sissoko and £10m for Cisse and Tiote would make up our "war chest". Two years left on his contract and might be flogged imo.

Guest thenorthumbrian

At times he can be one of the best keepers in the league. But if he conceds a goal he gets so shaky and it spreads to the whole team and we often end up losing (again). He really can't keep his cool when it really matters.

It works both ways,any keeper would struggle with our defence.

Wanderer Coloccini must be a nightmare to play behind.

I hope and think we'll keep Krul, he's a good keeper who has gone stale at the club and I would rather we didn't have to play an untried Darlow or Blob Elliot.  I hope that McClaren can give a few of our underperforming players a lift although I do have my doubts.

I think if they get Eric Steele in that might well persuade Krul to stay at least another season.  Surely he would welcome the opportunity to be coached by him  (didn't he also coach Van de Sar?). 

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/crystal-palace-plot-tim-krul-5961163

The key could be Newcastle goalkeeping coach Andy Woodman, who has turned Krul into one of the most admired stoppers in Europe.

Really?  He may have been before Woodman started coaching him.  ;D ;D

That is genuinely unbelievable. Krul has declined dramatically over the last couple of years.

Guest chicken little

Still can't believe he's persisting with that haircut. The 80's are over, Tim. Deal with it.

dutch innit

• 3 weeks later...