Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Imagine this means Krul will join Ajax permanently though, no?

Sure, if it does indeed mean he secures a move to Ajax after this - he'll have signed a deal for us and will enable us to make money off of him that'll be better than compensation, i imagine.

Hopefully. With Darlow and Sels there ain't much use of him anymore. If we get a decent fee then hopefully that means we reinvest in other areas of the pitch quickly.

The contract extention is so that we can retain some value in him, that was publicised. I guess a permanent switch will rest on a couple of factors, being how he performs/recovers, how Sels/Darlow perform in his absence and the league we'll be part of next season. I have a feeling he'll be gone by this time next year, which is a shame, I've always liked Krul and he'll always be remembered for THAT performance against Spurs.

The contract extention is so that we can retain some value in him, that was publicised. I guess a permanent switch will rest on a couple of factors, being how he performs/recovers, how Sels/Darlow perform in his absence and the league we'll be part of next season. I have a feeling he'll be gone by this time next year, which is a shame, I've always liked Krul and he'll always be remembered for THAT performance against Spurs.

:thup: and honestly, if he secures a permanent move to Ajax that's good for him - he's been a loyal servant to this club and has always been good to the supporters. I hope he gets himself back on track.

Just seems like another deal that Mike thinks he can be smart with. Worked a treat with Sammy, let's do it again.

We're not exactly clearing out with all these loans either. Far too much suspicious activity iyam.

Hopefully. With Darlow and Sels there ain't much use of him anymore. If we get a decent fee then hopefully that means we reinvest in other areas of the pitch quickly.

Except he's our best keeper by a mile.

Except he's our best keeper by a mile.

No argument on that score, but he's too good for the championship. A season at Ajax, European Football, et al will do him good. And if we are promoted  will have a ready made top keeper to replace Sels, who at the moment doesn't look good enough for the prem.

After watching that vid of Judge it is clear that the keepers in this league aren't top notch. so I don't think we need that extra that he would give us.

I don't know who Ajax have in defence, but if they are good defenders it could help Krul develop his ability to command his area.

If a keeper plays with idiots in defence, they will not carry out his instructions as intended which will over time make him question the instructions he is giving.

If that makes any sense.

Just seems like another deal that Mike thinks he can be smart with. Worked a treat with Sammy, let's do it again.

We're not exactly clearing out with all these loans either. Far too much suspicious activity iyam.

Why is this suspicious? If they are being loaned out they are likely not reaching our valuation for pricing? Perhaps they need to re-prove out the value we paid for them for these clubs to buy them?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/danny-blind-should-stick-problems-11101282

I think everyone is thinking too much about it. If Krul wants to be the national number one he has to play in a top league. Simply, it's best for him, we have GK's ok for the Championship and if we go up we get Krul back, so it's ok for us.

If Sels turns out really good, then it doesn't really matter if Tim joins Ajax permanently after this season.

The first post is quite good, Krul does love it here. Not sure how long he would being a number 2 say. But i think this is best thing, he gets first team football after a long time out, plays in Europe (i think Ajax are in one or the other cup). Comes back and then it's for Rafa to decide who's best, not got a problem with this myself.

The first post is quite good, Krul does love it here. Not sure how long he would being a number 2 say. But i think this is best thing, he gets first team football after a long time out, plays in Europe (i think Ajax are in one or the other cup). Comes back and then it's for Rafa to decide who's best, not got a problem with this myself.

Krul has loved his time here. Whether he still wants to be here or has gotten itchy feet is the question. Wasn't he looking to join Koeman at Everton earlier on this summer?

Krul has loved his time here. Whether he still wants to be here or has gotten itchy feet is the question. Wasn't he looking to join Koeman at Everton earlier on this summer?

He was linked, no idea if he wanted the move or not though. I tend to lean on the side of not believing most paper stories mind. For me it was just a lazy Dutch manager, we've gone down made up link with our Dutch GK usual bullshit. You never though tbh.

Dont think hes nothing beyond average anyway, pretty much showed when Elliott was no. 1 last season. Reliable in the sense you know hes not going to make a major cock up but some of the goals he conceded left you questioning him. Certainly not a keeper where you can say he'll guarantee you so many points a season.