Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Clean sheet and looking more and more like he is ready to be a premiership keeper. :clap:

Must learn to kick!

Getting better.

Getting worse by todays standards, didn't help we were playing the long ball non stop mind

didn't see much wrong with it myself. We weren't playing longball non stop either.

Clean sheet and looking more and more like he is ready to be a premiership keeper.   :clap:

Must learn to kick!

Getting better.

Getting worse by todays standards, didn't help we were playing the long ball non stop mind

didn't see much wrong with it myself. We weren't playing longball non stop either.

give over, every ball especially second half was launched to Carroll.

Clean sheet and looking more and more like he is ready to be a premiership keeper.   :clap:

Must learn to kick!

Getting better.

:sadnod:

Must learn to kick!

Getting better.

Krul is always going to be doing that when he has the ball though. The 4 best chances we created in the 2nd half didn't come from long balls either.

Must learn to kick!

Getting better.

Krul is always going to be doing that when he has the ball though. The 4 best chances we created in the 2nd half didn't come from long balls either.

He didn't need to many times though, especially one very annoying point when the right hand side was all empty where an easy ball to Simpson would have given us a break. He held the ball up and went for long ball to Carroll yet again. Not his fault it seemed to be our tactics but still his kicking wasnt good today he seems to be learning from Harper which isn't good.

If you have Carroll upfront then you should be launching the ball to him the majority of the time the keeper has it. It's part of him being a weapon. Drogba's team has plenty of ballplayers, but they still launch it to him when he's on the pitch. It's a useful strategy.

When you see it not working for 3/4s of the game surely you stop ?

Guest Stephen927

If you have Carroll upfront then you should be launching the ball to him the majority of the time the keeper has it. It's part of him being a weapon. Drogba's team has plenty of ballplayers, but they still launch it to him when he's on the pitch. It's a useful strategy.

If you don't get the signal to change from the dugout then you keep doing it.

what bollocks, you take the best option, you don't relentlessly punt it high and hope.

what bollocks, you take the best option, you don't relentlessly punt it high and hope.

I'm with Ste - if he has instructions to punt it long, then he has to punt it long. It's part of being in a team, and under manager's instructions. Otherwise all players might say "I know better than the gaffer" and do what they like...

Guest palnese

One thing I've noticed about Krul's kicking is that he doesn't seem to be able to kick the ball very far.  Needs to get down the gym I think..

It's all about technique.

Is he injured as well? Was just on danish tv that he wasn't playing for Holland U21 tonight because of injury?

He's "injured" because we can't afford to risk our second choice keeper.

:thup:

They let us withdraw him.

Guest Heneage

He'll have a hard job dislodging Maarten Stenkelenburg from the Dutch no 1 slot. He's taken his chance for us though and I wouldn't be looking to give it back to Harper.