Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Quite a few of Krul's kicks have led to chances for other teams in previous games.  I've commented on it before.  Hart's miskicks didn't.  Hart was trying to drill low planing kicks out to wingers in space for a counter attack.  Krul passed the ball to Tevez just outside our area.  Completely and utterly different situations.

As for specific Krul mistakes - off the top of my head (without having had the chance to look at them again) Ithink he's been sloppy on the following goals:

Arsenal og in League Cup

West Ham goal

West Brom 2nd goal

Sunderland goal

Chelsea League Cup 1st

Man City yesterday

That is obviously not mentioning errors he has made that could have lead to goals.

With hindsight - West Ham one is a bit harsh.  Still think he should have done better on it though.

To be honest - this is all getting a bit ridiculous.  Quite simply I don't think Krul has played that well for us and I think at the moment Harper would be better.  I think Krul will become a very good goalie, but at the moment I would favour Harper's experience over Krul's youth.  It's my opinion (shared by a few others), it isn't a kneejerk reaction and really isn't that unreasonable a suggestion.

All boils down to opinion. In mine; we wouldn't have conceded 3 goals with Harper there.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,73223.msg2680883.html#msg2680883

Nobody said he was. He's just more reliable than Krul.

As I said a few pages back, we have 2 keepers the wrong side of average.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,73223.msg2680883.html#msg2680883

Are you completely dense? I've been saying the same thing since August.

If we dropped Carroll when he wasn't at his best last season he would probably be rotting in the reserves now.

You can't compare the mistakes of a striker and keeper, man. A striker can miss 4 or 5 sitters and still be considered to have had a good game.

The point was about development and if there isn't much between our keepers we should go with the one who will get better, imo.

This for me. I'm not ridiculing Ronaldo. Hughesy, or anyone else's opinion. I can see where they're coming from completely. This is all down to opinion. They'd favour the experience right now. Where others of us favour giving the youth a chance to settle and come good. There's pros and cons for both.

The time to drop him is if he does that again. I think he'll learn from it though, it's gone now, I reckon he'll have a good game tomorrow.

exactly - keepers don't play well if they think they're going to be judged on every performance

We can score goals against the best teams so therefore a goal conceded due to a Krul mistake may make the difference between 11th and 12th come the end of the season and that isn't going to be a big deal. Would prefer Krul was out there getting games in a non life or death environment (i.e this season) and learning than playing Harper where we would not really be making any progress and we'd end up having to spend millions on a new keeper as if we aren't going to accept Krul is going to make mistakes then we aren't going to know if he can save the club money.

Wasn't Krul's fault for either goal. Good performance from him.

Majorty of keepers will be very disappointed with letting in Bales goal. From that angle the keeper has to be favourite.

The keeper normally is favourite but the shot was pretty much perfect.