Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

I wonder how much attention he's got in Holland after his impressive performance's this season so far? Any dutch people reading this?

I know he started against Brazil and Uruguay.

Looks like Stekelenburg is going to miss the game against Sweden and Moldavia because of the head injury he got. Probably Krul now then? :) Looking forward to this game now.

That's good news, will only help to give his confidence a massive boost. Btw sorry if a re-post, but I just listened to his interview on BBC sport, he comes across really well when talking about the team and such. Really liking this guy  :aww:

Remember when Dennis Wise tried to sell him?  ;D :jesuswept:

O0 not quite the story

I was told by a friend of Krul's that there were bids from Feyenoord and Chelsea, and Kinnear tried to sell him, but Dennis Wise got in touch with Krul and told him there were bids but that he wasn't going to allow them as he thought Krul would be our future number one.

"I tried to sell Geremi yesterday because I thought it would raise £4million but that deal fell through so I had to play him tonight.

"We have been negotiating with someone else on the continent. We thought that deal was done but suddenly the goal posts have moved.

"It is a very difficult situation at the moment. It is not a surprise that a lot of other people did not have the bottle to do this job."

The old ones are the best ones.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11678_7227277,00.html

Steve Harper has paid tribute to first-choice Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul but insisted he remains ready to do a job whenever he is called upon.

Alan Pardew decided to make Krul his No.1 at the start of the season and the Dutchman has responded in great style, turning in a series of assured performances to help the Magpies stay unbeaten.

Harper has been impressed by Krul and will continue to assist his younger club-mate in any way possible to help him fulfil his potential.

"The club made the decision to start with Tim at the start of the season and he has been outstanding," Harper told the Evening Chronicle.

"You can't take that away from him.

"Some games he has been quiet but against Fulham, the cup game against Forest, and Wolves he was outstanding.

"He has played a big part in the start to the season and I will continue to help him.

"He is a big player for the future and if I can help get the best out of him then it will only benefit the club."

Rotation

Pardew plans to rotate his keepers to allow Rob Elliot to gain vital experience after his switch from Charlton, and Harper accepts his own opportunities may be even more limited.

But the 36-year-old's love for the club is unquestionable and he stated: "Of course it is. This is my 19th season as a pro.

"At the start of the season it was obvious the way it was, I had a few chats with the manager and he told me he wanted to bring somebody in with Fraser Forster being on loan, and that may become permanent, who knows?

"It was important to get somebody in. He's got Rob in now and when you are a young lad it is important to get involved as soon as possible.

"I have no problem with the rota system.

"Everybody knows I have a million T-shirts for sitting on the bench.

"It is good for Rob and it's good for the club to get him involved and immersed. It's a big jump from League One to this level.

"The manager has been first class. I read somewhere we have had a fall-out. We haven't had a fall-out.

"I've had several discussions with him and every one of them has been amicable.

"We have come out very positive and I fully endorse what he is doing regarding the bench."