Tim Krul (now playing for Luton Town)

Wallace

Did well, shame about the poor positioning and loss of clean sheet.

Agree, but the positioning is the factor  young keepers struggle with. Given had also the same trouble at that age..His solution was to stay on the line permanently..

Agree, but the positioning is the factor  young keepers struggle with. Given had also the same trouble at that age..His solution was to stay on the line permanently..

Positive to see him respond to the next free-kick, in almost exactly the same place by commanding the area and taking the ball out of the sky.

:thup:

Positive to see him respond to the next free-kick, in almost exactly the same place by commanding the area and taking the ball out of the sky.

Agree! That response required balls..A keeper who patrols the box takes the pressure off the defense. Cannot be underestimated, especially when up against strong box teams like Fulham. He will make a couple of mistakes because of his offensive nature, but during a whole season I think he'll prevent more goals than if he acts like Given.

I thought that was crucial. If there's one area Krul still isn't sure about it's coming for the crosses, but the fact he stood tall and came for the next one after the goal shows he's got the right stuff. I'm convinced that a full season in the number 1 jersey will see him iron out the creases and we'll have a top keeper on our hands.

"But the defence has been fantastic over the last three games because I haven't had much to do whatsoever.

"I'm pleased with our back four and our midfield because we don't give the opposition many chances."

err... :lol:

Think he can go on to be an even better shot stopper and overall keeper than Given.

Needs to work on his crossing a bit though.  Can get caught in no mans land on occasions.

that will come with experience, he's still a kid in goalkeeper terms

Think he can go on to be an even better shot stopper and overall keeper than Given.

Needs to work on his crossing a bit though.  Can get caught in no mans land on occasions.

That and his kicking are what still make me nervous. Very promising though, and more experience will surely serve him well regarding the safest decision.

McNallyMirror Brian McNally

Nufc boss Pardew on keeper Tim Krul:He made some reaction saves today. But it is his presence that is starting to look really good for us.

Yeah, there's an air of confidence about him that wasn't there last season. That spreads to the rest of the defence.

that will come with experience, he's still a kid in goalkeeper terms

Definitely, will drop a few clangers but it's all experience gonna be a great great keeper.

McNallyMirror Brian McNally

Nufc boss Pardew on keeper Tim Krul:He made some reaction saves today. But it is his presence that is starting to look really good for us.

Yeah, there's an air of confidence about him that wasn't there last season. That spreads to the rest of the defence.

I think having been given the chance to prove himself has calmed him down because last season, I think he was trying too hard to impress (a new manager and goalkeeping coach) in Harper's absence knowing that he would likely be dropped as soon as Harper was fit again.

We've been so lucky with keepers over the past fifteen years. It would be safer if he was a local lad but at least he's not Spanish or Italian because they eventually end up at Barca/Real/Inter/Milan if they're any good. The good Dutch teams can't compete with us financially.

We've been so lucky with keepers over the past fifteen years. It would be safer if he was a local lad but at least he's not Spanish or Italian because they eventually end up at Barca/Real/Inter/Milan if they're any good. The good Dutch teams can't compete with us financially.

don't count on it, the arabs are buying every teams atm

don't count on it, the arabs are buying every teams atm

Except us  :angry: :angry: