Sir Bobby Robson (1933–2009)

Guest Stephen927

I'm not really big on #1 like.

I would like to see what he wore for England/WBA/Fulham really. Not such an easy google tho.

i think, and i stand to be corrected, he played right back most of the time, so would have probably worn no 2?

Guest Geordie Boyo

I'm totally devastated, but he can now rest in peace after his never ending battle with cancer.

I was at the charity game and when I saw him it reminded me of my dad who deteriorated very rapidly after being diagnosed with motor neurone disease and I knew he only had days to live. Very sad to see, but very privileged top be there.

I'll be going down to the stadium to give my respects. It's a very sad day, but we should all remember the memories we have of him. Very honest, great sense of humour down to earth and has time for everyone. Always positive, a true role model.

Ok, hypothetically if I wanted to get a shirt with bobby/robson on the back, what number would be appropriate?

Save the cash and give it to his charity. Just a suggestion.

Yeah I imagined I would get this response, but I was planning on getting a shirt anyway. I can budget for both.

While it's sad that he's gone, all the people paying their respects just reminds me what a beautiful life he's had.

I hope Sir Bobby's spirit is out there somewhere seeing how loved he is and how much he's accomplished.

I really don't think there would be anyone else in English or possibly world football who would get such tributes for not just their sporting achievements, but also for how good of a human being they actually were.

I loved Bobby Robson, a top man who was responsible for some truly exciting times at NUFC.  I'm proud to call him one of us and I can't think of anyone connected with this region who has reflected on us so well.  It was sad but poignant to see him how he was on Sunday and made the timing of his death a bit more shocking to me.  I've felt a bit delicate all day because he was a perfect example of one of the good guys and he's gone.  But he's left such a legacy in terms of memories, the fantastic charity he's built up and left behind and - as Mourinho said - the way he touched and shaped the lives of those he encountered directly or from afar.

A fantastic role model in terms of how to conduct yourself and treat people, bless you Sir Bobby and thanks very much.

Ok, hypothetically if I wanted to get a shirt with bobby/robson on the back, what number would be appropriate?

Save the cash and give it to his charity. Just a suggestion.

Yeah I imagined I would get this response, but I was planning on getting a shirt anyway. I can budget for both.

2009 then? I suppose you'd need smaller numbers like.

Sir Bobby loved our great club, he loved it with the same passion that us on here do.  He will be watching us and the club and everyone else, from now on.

I hope he likes what he sees.

I think that the world is a FAR poorer place for him not being here. It already feels a bit 'emptier' than it used to.

I'll miss you Sir Bobby.

I really don't think there would be anyone else in English or possibly world football who would get such tributes for not just their sporting achievements, but also for how good of a human being they actually were.

I agree actually. I was trying to think of someone as universally loved and I couldn't. Not often you get someone so sublimely talented who can simultaneously be so revered for his non-football related attributes. One of a kind indeed.

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

Ask for the little numbers they put on the shorts .

Guest Phil K

I'm just waiting for the stinking football journos to turn respect for Bobby into yet another attack on the team, city and fans.

You watch.

What about :

Sir Bobby

1933-2009

Legend

Ask for the little numbers they put on the shorts .

Would be better if the club (or any of his other clubs) could put together an official shirt and give the proceeds to the SBR charity.