WBA v Newcastle United - Pre match thread. 5:30 KO, Live on BBC1/BBC HD

Pantu

Hughton to choose between Shola and Carroll Aug 07 2009

CHRIS HUGHTON faces a brave decision ahead of Newcastle United’s clash with West Brom, with both Shola Ameobi and Andy Carroll expecting to start the clash at The Hawthorns.Read

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/08/07/hughton-to-choose-between-shola-and-carroll-72703-24340980/

I know Hughton's not really a manager and he's doing the best he can but MY GOD he's clueless.

2-6 to us.

They will go 2-0 up with an early goal in the 8th minute. Ryan Taylor will be at fault. Jonathan Greening will be the scorer. Then Saylor will give away a penalty in the 23rd minute, resulting in a red card too. Harper saves the penalty but the rebound is bundled in by Simon Cox. Journalist up in the coporate seats will be wanking themsleves off at the sight of Newcastle United being raped by West Brom. Chris Hughton gives a demon half time pep talk, the kind that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, you know. Shola is brought on and rampantly rapes the Albion team for 45 minutes straight, scoring all 6 goals. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SHOLA AMEOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" echoes from the away end of the Hawthornes as 2800 geordies attempt to replicate 'the Ameobi'.

Guest labrowski

I'm really looking forward to this now. My last night at work was supposed to be tomorrow but i whined about it and told them i would come in drunk. As a result my last shift is tonight. So I now get to watch it and drink. HOOOOORAAAAH!

1-3. Shola, carrol and Ranger

I was looking forward to this game up until today, but with my confidence in Ashley leaving draining by the day, the enthusiasm is waning. I will watch some of the younger kids like Kadar and lua Lua with interest if they get on though.

nolan hasnt exactly got the footballing pedigree to be an attacking midfield. SLow with limited technique, i would play lualua there. I expect either a 2-2 draw or 3-1 loss, cant see us winning with smith and nolan playing and when we are losing, which is inevitable at some point, ameobi coming on to squander the usual 2 or 3 open goals.

It's time for the likes of Smith, Barton, Nolan, Duff, R.Taylor etc. to redeem themselves efter last year (last few years in some cases). If they have any bit of a conscience the lot of them will put in a cracking performance tomorow to help the club when it most needs it.

Unfortunatly, I can see exactly the opposite happening.

2-6 to us.

They will go 2-0 up with an early goal in the 8th minute. Ryan Taylor will be at fault. Jonathan Greening will be the scorer. Then Saylor will give away a penalty in the 23rd minute, resulting in a red card too. Harper saves the penalty but the rebound is bundled in by Simon Cox. Journalist up in the coporate seats will be wanking themsleves off at the sight of Newcastle United being raped by West Brom. Chris Hughton gives a demon half time pep talk, the kind that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, you know. Shola is brought on and rampantly rapes the Albion team for 45 minutes straight, scoring all 6 goals. "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH SHOLA AMEOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII" echoes from the away end of the Hawthornes as 2800 geordies attempt to replicate 'the Ameobi'.

Sounds quality.

It's time for the likes of Smith, Barton, Nolan, Duff, R.Taylor etc. to redeem themselves efter last year (last few years in some cases). If they have any bit of a conscience the lot of them will put in a cracking performance tomorow to help the club when it most needs it.

Unfortunatly, I can see exactly the opposite happening.

I think all of those players are capable of playing a role but it's the combination which worries me. Barton, Smith and Nolan are not particularly mobile so I think we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot if we play all three in the same side. Barton has to be the playmaker because he's at least got some technique. Smith could be the midfield hard man and Nolan should just fuck off tbh. There is no point in him trying to play off the striker because he just isn't fit or fast enough to cover the ground. Play two strikers instead.

Vuckic gota be on the bench then

Butt to sit out Baggies tie

Newcastle United, 13:25, August 7, 2009

Newcastle will be without midfielders Danny Guthrie and Nicky Butt for their season opener against West Brom tomorrow.

United travel to the Hawthorns tomorrow but will be without both Butt and Guthrie, who have failed to recover from injuries.

Butt suffered a dislocated finger in the pre-season fixture against Darlington and will also miss Reading's visit to St James' Park on August 15.

Newcastle boss Chris Hughton confirmed the duo would sit out the fixture against West Brom.

He said: "The problem with Nicky is that when you have an injury like that, you can shave a short period of time off it, but you've got to make sure you do the right things. The first home game's certainly too early.

"Danny Guthrie was touch and go, and we possibly could have pushed, but we decided not to take any chances.

"We're very much hoping he's going to be ready for next week."

However, Shola Ameobi, Xisco and Jose Enrique have all recovered from the flu and could feature, while Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini could also return after missing Newcastle's friendly against Dundee United.

In Betfair you can either make a back bet (bet on who's going to win) or place a lay bet (bet against something happening). Betfair matches people on either side of the bet with the odds they agree. Simple. Use this £10 free bet and give it a try.

http://www.clubcall.com/newcastle-united/butt-sit-out-baggies-tie-928937.html

its going to be 1-3 to them I reckon

We'll be toothless in attack and disorganised at the back, as usual. Hope I'm wrong of course.

Also why is the game live on the BBC? as in BBC1? on a saturday evening, prime time? I'm not complaining like!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/bbc-wins-rights-to-show-championship-from-2009-399249.html

I just don't want to be embarassed as usual. Our clubs fucks EVERYTHING up so you just know we'll get whooped in our first game and every other club's predictions will be justified...

I'd prefer to play behind closed doors until we get a manager :(

I thought that earlier on. You've got to think that, any late mishaps aside, that will be the starting XI tomorrow. I for one am getting excited. Finally a chance to stop reading about our downfall with dismay and get back on the road, have a few beers and support a team who are capable of gaining three points tomorrow. Can't wait!!

Probably just speaking to myself, but anyone around Atlanta can come and watch the game with me at Fado's in Buckhead.  They'll be showing it live and do an excellent bangers and mash.

A decent alternative to illegal streaming :D

By that bizarre theory, the team will be:

Harper

Taylor  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Smith  Barton  Nolan

Jonas                          Duff

Carroll

Harper

Taylor  Taylor  Colo  Enrique

Jonas  Smith  Barton  Duff

Nolan

Carroll