Sebastien Bassong signs for Tottenham Hotspur, fee undisclosed

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Stephen927

I don't see how the game against West Brom should count against his suspension seeing as he wasn't available for selection...

Who cares really as long as we got the money for him.

Makes no difference to us, we're not even in the same division.  Maybe "Stevie G" will even do one of his trademark lunging tackles on him and put him out for a while.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/sebreadyforliverpool100809.html

Have to say i've never heard this one before. Coincidence that the FA make this ruling when Spurs are having a bit of a defensive injury crisis?

Have the FA actually made a ruling on this? it doesnt even say that they even stepped in and changed the law in this occasion.

The article just explains why he can play ffs.

On an Inter forum they have like a section of "Current Players" and "Former Players" threads etc

With all these players going in and out i don't think it would be such a bad idea.

Like Bassong has his thread in the "Current Squad" and when he now has moved the admins move the thread to the "Former Players" section.

Dave?

Not a fan of splitting the forum like that. What would this serve other than splitting the discussion into different sections of the forum as opposed to different threads?

Seems to imply that's always been the rules.  How far do you think we need to look to find that rule not applying to a different team?

If you believe that, how about you search for it and prove it?  rather than suggest it is a rule which only applies to a few teams.

On an Inter forum they have like a section of "Current Players" and "Former Players" threads etc

With all these players going in and out i don't think it would be such a bad idea.

Like Bassong has his thread in the "Current Squad" and when he now has moved the admins move the thread to the "Former Players" section.

Dave?

That's either a good idea or a shit idea, depending on user activity.

All depends what time the paperwork was completed. We all saw him posing in the shirt but if the paperwork didn't actually go through until after 7pm on Saturday night then I can't see the problem.

However, if they had the paperwork done then surely it's Bassong who's suspended for the game, regardless of who he plays for?  ???

All pretty irrelevant as far as we're concerned though, nothing much to get too worked up at.

All depends what time the paperwork was completed. We all saw him posing in the shirt but if the paperwork didn't actually go through until after 7pm on Saturday night then I can't see the problem.

However, if they had the paperwork done then surely it's Bassong who's suspended for the game, regardless of who he plays for?  ???

All pretty irrelevant as far as we're concerned though, nothing much to get too worked up at.

Aye, really would have made no sense for Spurs to 100% finalise the transfer before we'd played West Brom when they know that if they wait a day or two he can get his suspension out of the way.

Though I'm not particularly arsed either way like.

Actually makes a bit of sense,  I guess.  If he isn't registered for Spurs by the deadline for our game,  then he's almost "locked" into our club until our game has passed,  like any new signing wouldn't be about to play if he missed the deadline.  As they're counting him as our player,  he is technically suspended,  thus being over suspension when the paperwork came into effect from (I assume) monday morning.

Highly bollocks based on a load of technicalitys really.  Spurs obviously knew exactly what they were doing by getting him when they did.

Actually makes a bit of sense,  I guess.  If he isn't registered for Spurs by the deadline for our game,  then he's almost "locked" into our club until our game has passed,  like any new signing wouldn't be about to play if he missed the deadline.  As they're counting him as our player,  he is technically suspended,  thus being over suspension when the paperwork came into effect from (I assume) monday morning.

Highly bollocks based on a load of technicalitys really.  Spurs obviously knew exactly what they were doing by getting him when they did.

I'm sure they announced that he'd signed before the Saturday match tho with him posing in their shirt. I'd understand if he hadn't signed officially til then and I was expecting them to do that.. this is just a slap in the face almost.