The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

f*** off Roger Thames.

I once had an argument with him in the Leazes car park.  :lol:

i hope it wasn't polite or non-violent.

he plays/played at a squash club a friend of mine played at. he played the part of the famous man around the club. when it was their turn to play, my friend whopped his arse and roger wasn't happy with people laughing from the spectators area. wouldn't speak in the changing area and left straight away instead of his usual "look at me i'm famous" stroll.

"Peter Whittinghams 17th of the season" - surely he hasn't scored that many

Edit: it would appear he has, sign him the fuck up

He's someone I really hope we bring in during the summer if we're promoted.

i hope it wasn't polite or non-violent.

he plays/played at a squash club a friend of mine played at. he played the part of the famous man around the club. when it was their turn to play, my friend whopped his arse and roger wasn't happy with people laughing from the spectators area. wouldn't speak in the changing area and left straight away instead of his usual "look at me i'm famous" stroll.

It wasn't polite and it started off about the way he used to pronounce Mirandinha on TV, I gave him some stick and he couldn't take it so stormed off in a huff.  Everybody around us were laughing and goading him as he went off in a strop.

Filipe is a fantastic prospect aswell. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Barcelona or Madrid in the next few years.

We tried to sign him this summer, but didn't meet Depor's valuation (€15m). Totally gutted about his injury, I really like him and I was hoping he made the WC squad.

La Liga lacks importance. I can't imagine being excited in the slightest about a title race. The quality of teams and football is excellent, but it's not a patch on the Premiership.

I must admit that had I not been born there, I probably wouldn't care a single bit. It used to be better, but the level of competiveness amongst the league has nosedived this decade. Basically is now a competition to see who between Real and Madrid drops a bollock against the other teams, and who gets the most points from head-to-head games. There's a reason why both teams have been shattering several league records these past years.

Notts County with a huge "Worlds Oldest Football Club" banner across the top of one of their stands

:facepalm:

and they aren't.

they are the oldest league club.

I have never fully understood that. If they are the oldest then who else was in the first league with them?

Filipe is a fantastic prospect aswell. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Barcelona or Madrid in the next few years.

We tried to sign him this summer, but didn't meet Depor's valuation (€15m). Totally gutted about his injury, I really like him and I was hoping he made the WC squad.

yeah you guys went for the cheaper option in Maxwell. How is is doing since he left Inter? Don`t think he was that impressive there IIRC.

Filipe and Dani Alves as left/right back respectively would have been fantastic to see despite the holes there would inevitably be at the back.