The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

So is Rooney going to get charged with fooling the officials then? Actually, do UEFA's decisions bind the FA?

He was clipped by Almunia, totally different from the Eduardo situation.

So a "clip" constitutes Rooney hurling himself to the floor and ultimately a penalty?

So is Rooney going to get charged with fooling the officials then? Actually, do UEFA's decisions bind the FA?

wasnt clipped

There was no contact?  :dowie:

So a "clip" constitutes Rooney hurling himself to the floor and ultimately a penalty?

I agree with you there, but players have to go down these days.  If Rooney had've rode the challenge but lost the ball the ref would've given nowt.

I agree with you there, but players have to go down these days.  If Rooney had've rode the challenge but lost the ball the ref would've given nowt.

I've only scene the decision once but I doubt if Usain Bolt could have retrieved the ball as it was already in the stand before Rooney went down. There was no way he had the ball under control when or if the collision was made but he probably made the decision to simply shift the ball as soon as he saw the rapidly advancing (and unstoppable) keeper.

Guest Brummiemag

Just got back from the Challenge Cup Final Warrington beat Huddersfield.

Great atmosphere down there, everyone pissed up but no trouble - one great tradition I think is that neutrals down there for the game wear their own club colors so there was Rochdale Hornets fans, Workington Fans, Castleford Fans etc.

Really good and probably has a more working class fan base fan base than football these days

I remember when Gateshead Thunder were in Super League, we were always mixed in with other fans but there was never any bother.

There was a few verbals with Hull fans but never went further than that.

Oh, and the Saints fans were a bit twatish.

I actually think the fact City have played 1 or even 2 games less than everyone else is helping them so far. All the attention is drifting towards Spurs instead, which for the first month or so at least might allow City just to plod away winning their matches almost unnoticed.

wasnt clipped

There was no contact?  :dowie:

that smiley suited you right now, Rooney clearly fell over way before this alleged "contact"

It was still a pen though, because Almunia still took out Rooney, regardless of whether he was able to remain standing or not.

I remember when Gateshead Thunder were in Super League, we were always mixed in with other fans but there was never any bother.

There was a few verbals with Hull fans but never went further than that.

Oh, and the Saints fans were a bit twatish.

Hull FC fans are all wankers.