The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Bursaspor became only the 5th team to ever win the Turkish League last night. Fenerbahce fans rioted in the stands.....it was in their own hands and they threw it away.

The others being Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas and...

Didn't Sivasspor come close last year? Trabzonspor?

Bursaspor became only the 5th team to ever win the Turkish League last night. Fenerbahce fans rioted in the stands.....it was in their own hands and they threw it away.

Read about that, seems we got one last game upset afterall. I think the Polish league was also quite dramatic.

@Neil: yes, Trabzonspor

The Turkish league is quite ridiculous, something like 90% of all league titles won by Istanbul clubs, imagine something like that in England with London clubs.

Not today, but yesterday saw Columbus Crew play Chivas USA. Minister Babatunde (Baba?), Ekpo was only on for about ten minutes (if that) but looked OK. Still a bit of a headless chicken.

The boy can't even start for MLS? :lol: Good to know. There are some lunatics on the Nigerian forums who think he ought to displace same NT players starting every week in top European leagues.

He's not started a game this year, but I can't tell if he's been injured/away with the Nigerian squad (?). The Crew are a pretty stodgy team with an unconvincing RW so if he's not injured he must be doing pretty poorly in training....

thats nowt man. fans fought on the pitch after the muratti vase game between jersey and guernsey.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-last-word-hooliganism-isnt-back-it-never-went-away-1974562.html

Arsenal won't sell (why would they) and Cesc won't force their hand just yet. Just one more season though.

It's probably better for both parties this way.

- If he has a good season Arsenal will get more money for him

- Still young so an extra years experience will help Barca.

- He won't be sitting on the bench waiting for Xavi to die.

Even some sort of buy and loan back deal could work.

Guest Geordiesned

Correct decision for me. Dailly was 5 yards behind when the fall was committed and the Swindon player would have got a shot in.

Guest Geordiesned

The co-commentator is annoying the fuck out of me saying "by the way" all the time.