The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

horrible horrible thuggery wins.

no wonder i hate italian "football" with a passion.

:thup:

I don't how anyone who watches the Premiership can think that was thuggery, or think that the Italians or any more physical than England's top teams.

So true.

Barca looked inhibited throughout, and it looked like the Mourinho factor. He shakes the confidence of the opposition coach and players, and they never really looked like they believed in themselves.

It'll be an interesting final, because Van Gaal is one of the very few coaches in the world who won't be psyched out by Mourinho. The pre-match mind games could be more entertaining than the football.

Fucking hell :lol: Jose really is the evil anti-football manager.

:lol: He's great. Love the guy.

:nods:

WTF IS THIS AGREEMENT?

Power of Jose, man.

Send him to Jerusalem, he'll get the job done.

Pathetic refereeing over two legs.

God, inter are such a despicable team. They made no attempt to actually play football today.

What are they supposed to do? Bomb on and let the best attacking team in the world stroll past them? If they'd done that and got beaten it would have been as naive as fuck.

Just to clarify, I hate Inter. Partly to annoy mattis.

I don't how anyone who watches the Premiership can think that was thuggery, or think that the Italians or any more physical than England's top teams.

They only did what Chelsea tried to do last year. Barca were robbed by the ref though.

Your a manager, playing against one of the best teams in Footballing history and you lose a player with an hour left to play, i've never been a fan of boring "tactical" football but in all fairness the fact that Inter managed to reach the final despite all these cirucmstances has to be credited to Mourinho and to his team, fair play to them.

Barca looked inhibited throughout, and it looked like the Mourinho factor. He shakes the confidence of the opposition coach and players, and they never really looked like they believed in themselves.

It'll be an interesting final, because Van Gaal is one of the very few coaches in the world who won't be psyched out by Mourinho. The pre-match mind games could be more entertaining than the football.

Usually the case with Jose, tbh.

God, inter are such a despicable team. They made no attempt to actually play football today.

No attempt?  They were down to 10 men and protecting a 2 goal lead.. lets have an open game though.. ffs.

It's like people think Inter should have approached this game like Arsenal did.

So true.

Nobody suggested that though, wake up.

Fucking hell :lol: Jose really is the evil anti-football manager.

:lol: He's great. Love the guy.

:nods:

WTF IS THIS AGREEMENT?

Power of Jose, man.

Send him to Jerusalem, he'll get the job done.

No doubt about it, GG.

Barca robbed out of a final spot, in the way that they were lucky as f*** last year. The balance is restored.

Fail to see how they were robbed like. If anything, more of the decisions went for them tonight.

There was only one decision that mattered and it was the one made on Bojan's disallowed goal.

The fact that Inter had to play an hour with 10 men because of a terrible decision also played a part.

Would have been booked for the second time if it wasn't a red, so they were rightfully down to 10 men anyway.

Inter looked to fall over and time waste from the first minute rather than play football, not just from the point of the red card.  Anti-football that would have Big Fat Sam wanking until he had bollocks like bat wings.

So I finally saw the sublime skill from Ibrahimovic everyone keeps raving about.... Oh, it was the centre back?

Did more in five minutes than Mr Woo/champ man/fifa/nike advert man has done in 20 big games.

So true.

Nobody suggested that though, wake up.

What :lol: I was specifically responding to a post which called Inter's actions thuggery and criticised Italian football.

A Van Gaal versus Mourinho final.. I can't wait to see who is the most arrogant, annoying twat on the night. Funny to think Van Gaal probably taught Mourinho quite a bit in that department..

I hope the master twats the pupil.

No attempt?  They were down to 10 men and protecting a 2 goal lead.. lets have an open game though.. ffs.

It's like people think Inter should have approached this game like Arsenal did.

Hilarious really. Anyone who has watched Barca the last couple of years should know that you can't go at them like Arsenal did in the quarters, or how Real Madrid tried to do in last years El Clasico. They will tear you a new arsehole quicker than you can yell 'rape'. The way to beat them is to do what Chelsea did last year and what Inter did today.

Guardiola made some poor decisions in that game.. Jose totally fucked him up

I agree. They needed a physical presence up front, because there's no point in getting all those crosses and corners if no-one's going to win the ball in the air. Ibrahimovic wasn't up for it, and it took a long while before he took the necessary step of pushing Pique forward.

They looked a lot more dangerous after that. Half the time, Inter weren't even being challenged in the air, let alone beaten.