The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Moyes to Villa? Talk about a sideways step.

Nah, lot more potential at Villa due to the money available.

If Villa are serious about replacing O'Neill then they surely have bigger targets than David Moyes.

Ah right you meant for Villa rather than Moyes. I don't know, he's excellent in the transfer market and has made Everton into a very good solid side. If I was a Villa fan I'd be pleased with that. He's proven, basically.

If Villa are serious about replacing O'Neill then they surely have bigger targets than David Moyes.

Realistically who? Foreign will always be a gamble, moyes is probably the best attainable manager with a proven record in this league.

Realistically who? Foreign will always be a gamble, moyes is probably the best attainable manager with a proven record in this league.

It honestly isn't about 'who do we replace him with' yet, it is about 'he is running out of time to get his act together' at the moment.

Can imagine the frustration when the nucleus is there for all to see. Just needs developing but he's fannying around in the transfer market and not making it anywhere near what it could be.

And that, Yorkie, is absolutely spot on. Spot on.

I know, I mentioned that in my previous posts in defence of getting rid of O'Neill.

Is it me or will Bojan just fade away and get sold to some mid-spanish team?

He looks weak as hell every time i see him play.

Is this what we have to look forward to now, you picking holes in Barca every post now they've bought your favourite player? :lol:

Because i`m pointing out that one of Barca biggest talents doesn't seem to become the big player he was supposed to be?  ???

You are reaching to far here.

Also the post about how shit they look because they were 1-0 down in the Spanish Super Cup.

:facepalm:

They were not playing well from what i could see for gods sake, should i say they were brilliant even if they weren't?

And it was a game i chose to watch because there was nothing else to watch, should i not be able to watch games of them and report from them just because Zlatan has been sold to them?

Man get over your self, you are the one stalking me when it comes to Inter also so you shouldn't talk to much about being stalkish.

Remember one thing, i have been through so many stages in Inter as a club, stars have come and left, these are the facts of life and Zlatan is just another player who has done a good job for them and i wish him all the best at Barca but he is a player for them now and that's it.

I have nothing against Barca at all and they are the team in Spain which i wish all the best, Luis Enrique was my childhood idol also.

Sorry mate, I was just joking about. :lol:

I have been fucking incriminated for being an Inter/Zlatan fan, what do i have to do to be approved as a general football fan who loves to watch my teams play?

:iamatwat: Please don't snap, I don't want the guilt...

Random observation but to me Liverpool have not moved on to the next level to push for the title and that goes for Manure too to stay at the top and maybe this year we will see a more open title challenge by maybe 5 teams switching positions each week that can only be a more interesting to watch then normal ,not the end of the transfer window so lots can change but in my eyes a couple of injurys to key players and not quality replacements and Liverpool are fucked  :celb:

The infuriating thing is that MON is so strong in some ways, but his weakness in the transfer market is a hell of an achilles heal to have.

42 of the last 44 players he has signed in his career (pre and post arrival at Villa) have been from the home market. I read that today, and was shocked, but can really believe it. It shows either an amazing trust in the home market, or a total lack of confidence when it comes to taking a punt on players.

We winged it last year in terms of squad strength, but this year we have really pushed it too far.

I bet we'll sign Stephen Warnock and Jenas before the end of the window. That'll be it. Predictable and insufficient.

Infuriating.

And the home market is much more expensive than abroad, he could really save some more cash if he was willing to take a risk...

Out of interest who were the two players?

I'd love to see Liverpool finish outside of the top 4.  :snod:

Touché

Martin Jol would be a great shout for Villa if O'Neill flunks.

I can kind of see where Brummie is coming from tbh. That UEFA Cup stunt last year was crazy, but yet they are in the exact same position to have to do it again.

It's one thing to bring in players and they don't quite work out, but he isn't even getting them in, even after he has lost so many important ones. It's a pretty weird situation.