The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Skrtel nursing his sore face after being subbed.

http://i30.tinypic.com/wtzo0i.jpg

:lol:

You are the king of photoshop, can't even see where you changed his normal face to the scream mask.

Everton's problem was Fabregas was given the run of the pitch! He didn't have anybody to keep an eye on him, i wish Willy bloody Gallas didn't get his head on that freekick mind, would have been straight in from Fabs making it 3 goals 2 assists!

Gallas definitely made it goal-bound, it was going wide of the far post from most angles that I saw until he got his head to it.

Everton's problem was Fabregas was given the run of the pitch! He didn't have anybody to keep an eye on him, i wish Willy bloody Gallas didn't get his head on that freekick mind, would have been straight in from Fabs making it 3 goals 2 assists!

Gallas definitely made it goal-bound, it was going wide of the far post from most angles that I saw until he got his head to it.

Yeh having seen the match again today i agree originally i thought it was going straight in!

I think we played very well tbh but i'm glad fat face Rafa picked Babel ahead of Benayoun.

:sadnod: Benayoun is much better, an underrated player imo.

Aye, I've always said Benayoun was underrated, he scored some important goals for them last season.

Nice to see Villa brushed aside at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Neill end his spell there this season.

Neither would I.

The animosity towards him yesterday was really surprising. He's lost the spine of the team (not his fault) but failed to even begin replacing it (entirely his fault).

Yesterday was a performance straight out of the O'Leary era. Absolutely and utterly lacking in art, in skill and in cohesion.

Nice to see Villa brushed aside at home. I wouldn't be surprised to see O'Neill end his spell there this season.

Neither would I.

The animosity towards him yesterday was really surprising. He's lost the spine of the team (not his fault) but failed to even begin replacing it (entirely his fault).

Yesterday was a performance straight out of the O'Leary era. Absolutely and utterly lacking in art, in skill and in cohesion.

honestly??

villa appear, to me, to be such a well run outfit. young, predominiantly english players, with plenty of pace and a real hunger.

considering where you came from, he has done an outsanding job imo.

the animosity surprises me. but then again, i dont watch you every week. it could be 'scott parker/kevin nolan' syndrome on my part.

Neither would I.

Seems ridiculous to me. You've had two very solid seasons under O'Neill. The progression has always been constant since he arrived, I'm struggling to see how he can be replaced. you've had a poor result on the opening day of the season and clearly expectations are high but I honestly don't think O'Neill leaving is the solution. In terms of activity in the transfer market, I don't really know what's happening (Or what isn't happening) But O'Neill seems like the type of manager who'll sign players who are 'right' for the club, Ashley Young,James Milner,Emile Heskey and John Carew all seem pretty assured business and he's probably a safe guy, he doesn't want to buy players who aren't going to improve the team and will wait till the death until a player does become available, whether that will be too late, I'm not too sure.

Neither would I.

honestly??

villa appear, to me, to be such a well run outfit. young, predominiantly english players, with plenty of pace and a real hunger.

the animosity surprises me. but then again, i dont watch you every week. it could be 'scott parker/kevin nolan' syndrome on my part.

THe football last season was pretty awful. Well, the football at home was very awful, horrible to watch.

He's screwed up every transfer market since he has been here, and now we're starting to pay the cumulative price. yesterday we were looking for a break from the last part of last season, but what we got was actually much worse. Even the basics, we are lacking in.

He will be gone by Christmas, I genuinely believe that (and have stated that here before). We're very well run at board level, but shipshod at manager level. No excuse for it.

If you'd seen us yesterday, you would understand it. It isn't just about one game, it is about the cumulative effect of the last 7 or 8 months.

Is it me or will Bojan just fade away and get sold to some mid-spanish team?

He looks weak as hell every time i see him play.

Is this what we have to look forward to now, you picking holes in Barca every post now they've bought your favourite player? :lol:

Neither would I.

Seems like a victim of his own success to me. Sacking O'Neil now could come back to haunt you in five years time like sacking Sir Bobby did us.

O'Neil isn't perfect, but you don't go sacking a manager unless you have reasonable expectations of appointing someone who can do better.

Neither would I.

honestly??

THe football last season was pretty awful. Well, the football at home was very awful, horrible to watch.

He's screwed up every transfer market since he has been here, and now we're starting to pay the cumulative price. yesterday we were looking for a break from the last part of last season, but what we got was actually much worse. Even the basics, we are lacking in.

He will be gone by Christmas, I genuinely believe that (and have stated that here before). We're very well run at board level, but shipshod at manager level. No excuse for it.

If you'd seen us yesterday, you would understand it. It isn't just about one game, it is about the cumulative effect of the last 7 or 8 months.

fair play.

as i said, it could be the media syndrome which makes others think you are doing well (scott parker syndrome).

i know you have said that lerner is frustarted at how little he spends given the resources.

who would you like to see replace him?

Neither would I.

Seems ridiculous to me, you've had two very solid seasons under O'Neill. The progression has always been constant since he arrived, I'm struggling to see how he can be replaced, you've had a poor result on the opening day of the season and clearly expectations are high but I honestly don't think O'Neill leaving is the solution. In terms of activity in the transfer market, I don't really know what's happening (Or what isn't happening) But O'Neill seems like the type of manager who'll sign players who are 'right' for the club, Ashley Young,James Milner,Emile Heskey and John Carew all seem pretty assured business and he's probably a safe guy, he doesn't want to buy players who aren't going to improve the team and will wait till the death until a player does become available, whether that will be too late, I'm not too sure.

Our "natural" position is somewhere around 6th. He's got us back to that. He has spent a vast amount of money, but still we have enormous holes in our squad.

The main problem is that he can not come to terms with the modern transfer market. He's got a billionaire owner who is willing to write pretty much any cheque he asks him to, yet we've not replaced (or tried to replace) Laursen or Barry.

We've got two CBs at the club. We did have three, but we sold him to Bolton a month ago without having a replacement.

If you'd watched us play yesterday, you'd understand the general feeling here that the chickens really have come home to roost, and it isn't just about being fickle and complaining about one result, it runs much, much deeper than that.