Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Selling Barton story has got to be bollocks.  He has been brilliant at times this season, without him in the side our midfield lacks spark or that killer pass/cross.  Smith must be on similar wages to him, and he can't even get a fucking game.  If anyone is to go, even for free if must, it's Alan Smith.  If Barton is sold for £1.5m then Ashley has to be sectioned. Fucking madness.

Guest Stephen927

George Caulkin

Apparently the report that Barton is available for 1.5m at #nufc is absolute rubbish. No truth at all according to sources at the club.

So he'll be off for £2million then.

It would be madness to sell him after at long last he's actually showing some very good form. He's been a key player for us this year.

Tbf to neesy he's talking absolute bollocks. Barton has made a difference this year, but players like him in the Premiership are easily found, I wouldn't want to sell him obviously, not this season anyway. If we sold him January AND replaced him I wouldn't be too upset. Secondly, the argument that players who suffer serious injuries is a flawed one. Broken bones normally heal quite well and in many cases come back stronger. A serious injury is a test of a player's mental strength, we saw Shearer suffer an injury that has ended careers and he adapted his game to stay at the top. Just because Eduardo is s*** now doesn't mean Ben Arfa will be.

:no:

And just because shearer did it, doesn't mean Ben Arfa will.

Players like him are easily found in the premiership? At 1.5M i don't think so.

Cahill, Duff, Parker, Nolan, N'zogbia there are loads of them, average players that have a little bit of extra quality that help mid-table or strugglins sides. £1.5m would only be just under valuation imo given Barton's reputation and past problems. If it wasn't for his reputation he'd command £4-5m.

The injury argument works both ways but you failed to acknowledge that, your being overdramatic and  and reading too much into a story that is probably bollocks anyway.

Duff??.. anyway none of the players you've mentioned outside of Zog (who's a cunt and would never come here, and would cost £10m anyway) have the ability to do what Barton's been doing for us lately.  Barton has been brilliant so far this season, an absolutely key player.  To say that he'd be easy to replace is nonsense.

Anyway I wouldn't sell him for £6m at the moment, the fact that £1.5m is even being mentioned just goes to show how incredibly dense some of the media are in this country.  Long term I'd be open to offers (he may not continue this form long term and he is on big wages and a notorious trouble maker), but right now he's too important to let go.

Guest guinness_fiend

Tbf to neesy he's talking absolute bollocks. Barton has made a difference this year, but players like him in the Premiership are easily found, I wouldn't want to sell him obviously, not this season anyway. If we sold him January AND replaced him I wouldn't be too upset. Secondly, the argument that players who suffer serious injuries is a flawed one. Broken bones normally heal quite well and in many cases come back stronger. A serious injury is a test of a player's mental strength, we saw Shearer suffer an injury that has ended careers and he adapted his game to stay at the top. Just because Eduardo is s*** now doesn't mean Ben Arfa will be.

Cahill, Duff, Parker, Nolan, N'zogbia there are loads of them, average players that have a little bit of extra quality that help mid-table or strugglins sides. £1.5m would only be just under valuation imo given Barton's reputation and past problems. If it wasn't for his reputation he'd command £4-5m.

The injury argument works both ways but you failed to acknowledge that, your being overdramatic and  and reading too much into a story that is probably bollocks anyway.

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, thank you very much.  Barton has made the difference in almost every game he's played for us this season and has dominated midfields against supposedly better players week in, week out.  His set pieces have been spot on and he's showing the class that we as fans have known he's always had but rarely shows.

In the topsy turvy world of English player transfers, anything less than £15m would be a massive insult.  He's the sort of player that, on his day, could be the difference between us staying up or getting dragged into a relegation dogfight.

Duff was terrible for us, bar a few games. 

N'Zogbia didn't learn how to get past the first man or get a cross past the first man during his time at the club. 

Parker has been very good this season but he hasn't got or has ever had the composure of, say, Tiote and that it's always been the downside to his game.

Cahill, average?  He'd walk into most teams in the Premiership.  He's far from average.  In fact, if we could persuade him to move here we'd have one of the better midfields in the league (Barton, Tiote, Cahill and Jonas are the things that dreams are made of*). 

* at least the ones that don't involve Cheryl Cole, group sex and plenty of chocolate body paint.

Guest guinness_fiend

Interesting to see now that the Joey Barton story of an asking price of £1.5m on SkySports has been removed and is nowhere to be seen.

But more importantly, does his condone the use of class A drugs, like Carroll and Nolan?

Out of interest which key player has Mike Ashley ever sold in his time here? As part of these so called cost cutting measures. Even in relegation when evryone thought the team should be blown up, he decided to keep the majority of high earners in the hope they would bring us straight back up, which is ultimately what happened.

Guest guinness_fiend

Out of interest which key player has Mike Ashley ever sold in his time here? As part of these so called cost cutting measures. Even in relegation when evryone thought the team should be blown up, he decided to keep the majority of high earners in the hope they would bring us straight back up, which is ultimately what happened.

Get out of here with your facts and stuff.  Here be conjecture and lies!

Pleeeaase, man, that shit's only just died down the last few pages! Let's not get this debate out again. I got angry as fuck about that in another thread not long ago :lol:

Not sure why he's mentioned Duff, like.

Based purely on the very good season he had with the Fulham, sub in Murphy if you like.

I'll have a pint of what you're drinking, thank you very much.  Barton has made the difference in almost every game he's played for us this season and has dominated midfields against supposedly better players week in, week out.  His set pieces have been spot on and he's showing the class that we as fans have known he's always had but rarely shows.

In the topsy turvy world of English player transfers, anything less than £15m would be a massive insult.  He's the sort of player that, on his day, could be the difference between us staying up or getting dragged into a relegation dogfight.

Duff was terrible for us, bar a few games. 

N'Zogbia didn't learn how to get past the first man or get a cross past the first man during his time at the club. 

Parker has been very good this season but he hasn't got or has ever had the composure of, say, Tiote and that it's always been the downside to his game.

Cahill, average?  He'd walk into most teams in the Premiership.  He's far from average.  In fact, if we could persuade him to move here we'd have one of the better midfields in the league (Barton, Tiote, Cahill and Jonas are the things that dreams are made of*). 

* at least the ones that don't involve Cheryl Cole, group sex and plenty of chocolate body paint.

£15m :lol: are you shitting me? I'm not denying the difference he has made but there is no way given his injury and disciplinary record that any team would pay £15m for Joey Barton.

No way he's worth £15m for another club, but he's worth far more than £1.5m for us.

This. I'd say a fair amount from a neutral's view would be 4, maybe 5 million? But still not worth that much to us, we'd need more than that to replace a player like him right now.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I see it this way; Keep Barton, Tiote, Nolan and Carroll together in the team, with the likes of Enrique and Coloccini around them and we're safe this year. It would be mad to disrupt the key quartet,