Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we take a beating off Arsenal, the pressure will be well and truly on going into the derby. A defeat there and there will be massive fallout.

:thup: exactly, that's what I was trying to intimate. Pardew's just about getting some of the fans on side - a defeat on Wearside and he'll undo all of that in 90 minutes flat.

What happens if we win those two games, though? We'll be headed for Europe.

Guest neesy111

We can't judge anything till the outcome of the 1st game of the season.  Barton seems to be going on like we've just had another 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient again.

I'll put my neck out here and say Arsenal will howk us by at least three clear goals.

I might place a 100€ bet on us to beat them tbh. There are 3 reasons why we won't lose against them.

If we take a beating off Arsenal, the pressure will be well and truly on going into the derby. A defeat there and there will be massive fallout.

:thup: exactly, that's what I was trying to intimate. Pardew's just about getting some of the fans on side - a defeat on Wearside and he'll undo all of that in 90 minutes flat.

What happens if we win those two games, though? We'll be headed for Europe.

It doesn't work like that though, does it? I'm not saying that we should sack Pardew if we lose those two games - I was more referring to the backlash there would be from the wider fanbase and potentially some of the more disaffected players.

The derby holds a much heavier weight than any other game - a shit performance/result in one of those and people usually gan ape.

Guest bimpy474

I'll put my neck out here and say Arsenal will howk us by at least three clear goals.

Oi wind that neck in before someone howks it off  :angry:

;)  :laugh:

Guest BooBoo

Any backlash if we lose at the SOL (and it WOULD be huge) will be for the defeat, the refusal to spend this summer and the general dissatisfaction with the shambolic way the club has been ran for the last 4 and a bit years.

Fucks knows what Joey will start tweeting when the season starts and we lose.

Joey; we know Ashley's a twat but unfortunately he's our twat and we have to get on with it. Having said that I agree with selling Nolan given the contract he was wanting. As for Joey, I'd happily give hm 3 years with an option for a 4th based on performance.

He's currently tweeting himself out of the club.

But its the players who aren't getting what they want/their own way who are moaning, take Routledge, he may have cause to complain but as soon as Pardew got here it was clear he didn't fancy him as a player, take Nolan's contract, its the manager who didn't think the contract for Kevin was right. we all know that the owner is a t***, same for Lambarse but unfortunately for the players who are complaining their teammates dont and seem happy.

I'll start worrying when Saylor, Williamson or one of the new lads moans and one surefire way to get yourself relegated is to destroy your own dressing room, which seems to be what Barton is setting out to do, not on purpose, i think he just unaware of what his actions will bring, its just like his past is repeating itself, not the drinking or the violence but just in a different self destructive way.

Was just going to post something along those lines, agree with this completely. :thup:

Guest hobshobs

Double that if we play like we did in the first half the last time.

But its the players who aren't getting what they want/their own way who are moaning, take Routledge, he may have cause to complain but as soon as Pardew got here it was clear he didn't fancy him as a player, take Nolan's contract, its the manager who didn't think the contract for Kevin was right. we all know that the owner is a t***, same for Lambarse but unfortunately for the players who are complaining their teammates dont and seem happy.

I'll start worrying when Saylor, Williamson or one of the new lads moans and one surefire way to get yourself relegated is to destroy your own dressing room, which seems to be what Barton is setting out to do, not on purpose, i think he just unaware of what his actions will bring, its just like his past is repeating itself, not the drinking or the violence but just in a different self destructive way.

Was just going to post something along those lines, agree with this completely. :thup:

Agreed, he is right but there is a time and a place and this isn't it. It's also not a good enviroment for new players to come into.

If he is that unhappy then he needs to leave, airing this is public won't change anything at the top and will just spread negativity through the squad which isn't what is needed.

Double that if we play like we did in the first half the last time.

Gervinho nailed on to score at least a double

Any backlash if we lose at the SOL (and it WOULD be huge) will be for the defeat, the refusal to spend this summer and the general dissatisfaction with the shambolic way the club has been ran for the last 4 and a bit years.

As time goes on, Andy Carroll's decision to leave us looks more and more justified, tbh.

As time goes on, Andy Carroll's decision to leave us looks more and more justified, tbh.

He was pushed man. Everyone knows that.

He was pushed man. Everyone knows that.

Not going over this again.

Guest Antec

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

Something going badly wrong behind the scenes @ #nufc Whether Barton has done it with others blessing or not he is claiming major unrest

3 minutes ago

Something going badly wrong behind the scenes @ #nufc Whether Barton has done it with others blessing or not he is claiming major unrest

3 minutes ago

Ironic that Luke was not so long ago saying the spirit was sky high.

Guest bimpy474

3 minutes ago

Funny because the spirit was good according to Ryder in america, we lose against Leeds who tbf are ahead of us in fitness as their season starts next Saturday, this Edwards who now works for papers that shit stir about us constantly, has started in the same vain, tosser.

That tweet could have just been a retweet from Barton, obviously if he had just retweeted Barton no-one would be looking into it as much as they probably will now.

Basically his tweet is "Joey Barton isn't happy according to his tweets".

That tweet could have just been a retweet from Barton, obviously if he had just retweeted Barton no-one would be looking into it as much as they probably will now.

Basically his tweet is "Joey Barton isn't happy according to his tweets".

Bingo. Typical journo spin. Claiming major unrest? Just expressing his own disappointment again imho (echoed by the departing Routledge).