Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

If I hear "the opportunity to stay was there for him" once more im gonna cry  :lol:

Try and imagine yourself in a situation where your employers want to get rid of you.

He claims to be fairly strong minded, the managers and the fans wanted him to stay, he clearly had a choice.

The owner and Director he would have barely spoken to so I can't see how them not liking him would have made much effect on him.

Im sure you realise that what Pardew wants is pretty irrelevant at this football club.

Well Pardew wanted Joey to play, Joey played  :dontknow:

If I hear "the opportunity to stay was there for him" once more im gonna cry  :lol:

Try and imagine yourself in a situation where your employers want to get rid of you.

He claims to be fairly strong minded, the managers and the fans wanted him to stay, he clearly had a choice.

The owner and Director he would have barely spoken to so I can't see how them not liking him would have made much effect on him.

Im sure you realise that what Pardew wants is pretty irrelevant at this football club.

Seem to remember it more like "Pardew hopes Joey can play" and got his wish granted.

I don't begrudge Barton leaving, he's signed a 4 year contract on a lot of cash and as he has no real attachment to NUFC there's little reason for him to opt for us over any other club.

I do begrudge Willie McKay.  He's engineered this move to get his 600,000 pounds of flesh that he'd not get if Barton had signed a new contract with us.  He backed everyone into a corner where Barton had no choice but to leave the club.  Have a look at the man's history with every other player he's represented, he spends all his time peddling his players to all and sundry whilst telling them and the press that a move to a Champion's League team is right around the corner.

And fuck the board for being so stupidly naive as to not see what McKay was playing at.

Like virtually everyone else who leaves here though, be it Carroll, Nolan, Enrique, or Andy Cole, Barton opted to walk away when the opportunity to stay was still there. For all the badge-kissing and alleged affection for us, he's gone at the drop of a hat to an inferior club who oddly seemed to be missing from yesterday's Champions League draw...

It's no wonder Ashley and his rent boy get away with murder when there are people out there who want to blame everyone but them.

The players and fans have been consistently fed lies about spending money and new contracts.

A year ago we had the best squad we've had in years.  Everyone delighted to be playing for NUFC.  They didn't just change their minds and want out, they simply couldn't work under the circumstances anymore.

Seem to remember it more like "Pardew hopes Joey can play" and got his wish granted.

Isn't that exactly the same thing? :lol:

He took the lucrative contact which he may never be offered again, you cannot blame him realy. He could have stayed, and I woukd have had massive respect for him if he did, but at the end of the day he's done what most footballers would have done in similar circumstances.

If I hear "the opportunity to stay was there for him" once more im gonna cry  :lol:

Well Pardew wanted Joey to play, Joey played   :dontknow:

Not when he has to ask for a permission to play someone :lol:

Ridiculous.

Not when he has to ask for a permission to play someone :lol:

Ridiculous.

Which is just speculation?

Anyway, the point is the manager wanted him and he was playing, I don't see the point in debating on speculation on whether the manager had to beg, he got his wish and he did play him.

henrywinter Henry Winter

Good luck to @Joey7Barton with the next stage of his career at #qprfc. And good luck discussing Nietzsche with Neil Warnock

Joseph Barton

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@henrywinter haha thanks Henry. That might go over his head just a little.......

Great respect for his new manager, it seems. :lol:

henrywinter Henry Winter

Good luck to @Joey7Barton with the next stage of his career at #qprfc. And good luck discussing Nietzsche with Neil Warnock

Joseph Barton

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

@henrywinter haha thanks Henry. That might go over his head just a little.......

Great respect for his new manager, it seems. :lol:

MAKE HIM TRAIN WITH THE KIDS!

Finally some one else has to deal with the Joey Barton show, a great player on his day but too many times he let us down even after the club, the same chairman who he so openly criticised paid his copious salary whilst residing at his majesty's pleasure.

Overall i wish the player was still here, the person, i'm glad to be shot of.

He's a millionaire though. He owes the club. He should be subject to even stricter standards than a normal human being because he is a well paid footballer. He should honour his contract to the end irrespective of the fact he's been fucking transfer listed by the club (ie - THEY WANT TO GET RID OF HIM), the reality of his working conditions and his relationship with the club owners.

He should turn down job security in the immediate future for possible job security in the future.  After all, he'll be a season older when his contract expires, and his demands will naturally have to be less, should he see out his contract working for his horrible fucking owners who won't even him express himself on Twitter (freedom of expression is in the ECHR!) about things that fans moan about 24/7 including lack of investment, asset stripping the squad, lies etc.

He should wilfully diminish his future earnings rather than leave now while his stock value is higher. And he's everynameunderthesun if he doesn't put the club before his own life. How dare he. Besides, he's getting a higher salary now = therefore it's definitely always been about about money, right? Always has been. What a craven money-hungry inchworm. None of you would do the same if you played for a club you didn't support, right? You all have unflinching loyalty to the shareholders of the companies you work that you never see, but now and again fuck with you.

No, no, he should put all that to one side, sabotage his life/happiness and play for Fat Baron Ashley. That's all that matters. He has the opportunity to stay under these woeful conditions, so he should. He owes us. He's not a boyhood supporter or owt, but he owes us. He doesn't have the same connection to the club fans do, but he owes us. And if the club goes into liquidation one day, he should never play football ever again - even in the park with his children.

Opportunity to stay? Pah. Some opportunity.

He took the lucrative contact which he may never be offered again, you cannot blame him realy. He could have stayed, and I woukd have had massive respect for him if he did, but at the end of the day he's done what most footballers would have done in similar circumstances.

That's the point really, he puts himself up as not like other footballers etc, the whole reason he was allowed togo was his constant digs about lack of ambition then he shows a massive lack of ambition chasing after more money.

That's the point really, he puts himself up as not like other footballers etc, the whole reason he was allowed togo was his constant digs about lack of ambition then he shows a massive lack of ambition chasing after more money.

Chasing after more money :lol: Give it a break man.

What would you had him do? I think its fairly obvious no Champions League clubs were in for him and we wanted him to bugger off.

You can blame him when he said just weeks ago that he wouldn't do exactly what he has done today.

He was pretty much pushed out to be fair. He was apparently not offered the contract that would make it worth his while to stay and due to his popularity with the fans and his use of social media he was transfer listed and allowed to go on a free.

Despite everything he still said he would have liked to stay if he was given the deal he deserved. But instead he was made to train with the reserves all the while with the grinning idiot spouting bollox about there still being a place for him here.

We have now lost arguably one of our best players and he will no doubt not be replaced much like Enrique. Pardew continues to spout his media friendly muck to his useless fellow employee Lee Ryder and every day we get fed bollox about players and wanting to get them across the line

Nolan to West Ham

Barton to QPR

classic

Big step up guys - enjoy the championship

I think you got confused with the last comment there. Those players have LEFT our club. :lol:

What would you had him do? I think its fairly obvious no Champions League clubs were in for him and we wanted him to bugger off.

See M4's post just under your one.

Cabaye already is a better central midfielder for us, by the end of the season he could quite easily have the impact Tiote had but in a more creative way.

Hope we make a move for Adam Johnson, not like citeh need him.

See M4's post just under your one.

I fail to see how him changing his mind answers my question?

Simon Bird:

'Joey Barton about to seal the deal with QPR.  Good luck to him'

Good. Hopefully the money saved will be put towards buying a striker.

Seriously, what the fuck is this meant to mean? That money should be available in abundance anyway.

The money is available but I imagine there'll be a limit as to our spend in the transfer market. Moving Joey might just mean we are in a position to increase the bids or bring in a player in another position. What's fucking hard to understand about that?