Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don’t want to sound woke but isn’t this idea that female pundits are out of their depth in the men’s game complete nonsense? Lads, if you’ve got some extra level of expertise please don’t keep hiding it away. We’d all love to hear it.

The pros get very touchy when they feel they are being lectured or questioned by an amateur like a journo or a fan. Especially if the amateur happens to be in the right. I think the same defensiveness is happening here with women.

Generally speaking, women presenters are amongst the best in the business. Women pundits are on the whole below average (specifically Leanne Sanderson and Sue Smith). Women commentators in football are on the whole, dreadful. 

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I don’t want to sound woke but isn’t this idea that female pundits are out of their depth in the men’s game complete nonsense? Lads, if you’ve got some extra level of expertise please don’t keep hiding it away. We’d all love to hear it.

The pros get very touchy when they feel they are being lectured or questioned by an amateur like a journo or a fan. Especially if the amateur happens to be in the right. I think the same defensiveness is happening here with women.

Yep, I was listening to an "ex pro" talking about Brailsford potentially going into Man United as director and they referred to him as not a "footballing person", as if you need to be an ex footballer to have a decent grasp on the game.

Give me an Allcott over a shite ex footballer every day of the week. Absolutely no issue with women commentators, so long as they know their onions and as has been mentioned, loads of blokes who know fuck all.

3 minutes ago, Andymc1 said:

Generally speaking, women presenters are amongst the best in the business. Women pundits are on the whole below average (specifically Leanne Sanderson and Sue Smith). Women commentators in football are on the whole, dreadful. 

Sue Smith is really decent. :thup:

Not sure I can stomach Sanderson.

There was a women commentator/analyst's the other day saying the men's game should subsidise the women's game mind. I draw the line there. It also doesn't do them any favours to go down that route.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Yep, I was listening to an "ex pro" talking about Brailsford potentially going into Man United as director and they referred to him as not a "footballing person", as if you need to be an ex footballer to have a decent grasp on the game.

Give me an Allcott over a shite ex footballer every day of the week. Absolutely no issue with women commentators, so long as they know their onions and as has been mentioned, loads of blokes who know fuck all.

I guess it depends in what capacity he's going into the club. If it's head of performance it makes perfect sense. He's probably as good as anyone in sport at squeezing more performance out of athletes, using data. If it's chief goalkeeping coach, they're absolutely right, but which club is stupid enough to do that?!

There are certain areas where I agree a background in the game is essential - case in point, these fucking morons who have never played the game systematically ruining it by implementing refereeing systems and rules that don't work, to justify their existence. 

As for pundits, i'd far rather watch some of the women than the likes of Merson, Clinton Morrison or God forbid, Bruce - a proven failure with no tactical knowledge at all, giving his opinion on Pep's team setup. Fucking chancers!

Edited by Holmesy

:lol: What's he trying to prove with that completely innocuous clip? Has anyone hired this woman or is she just someone on social media? Does anyone want to start sending him clips of some of the absolute dipshit men that are trying to make a living from football on social media, too?

So funny how many men get up in arms about how women aren't 'qualified' to talk about men's football as if 90% of men 'analysing' the game have fuck all insightful to say. 

Edited by wormy

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

I am ashamed to say I once had a Barton shirt :blush:  I was only 20-21.  But still no excuse.  

What an absolute disgrace of a human being he is.  Can't stand the cunt these days. 

Definitely no excuse. I'm still disgusted at 16 year old me getting Owen on the gold shirt.

Just now, wormy said:

:lol: What's he trying to prove with that completely innocuous clip? Has anyone hired this woman or is she just someone on social media? Does anyone want to start sending him clips of some of the absolute dipshit men that are tying to make a living from football on social media, too?

So funny how many men get up in arms about women aren't 'qualified' to talk about men's football as if 90% of men 'analysing' the game have fuck all insightful to say. 

This was what I was saying the other day to someone.  When they were moaning about a particular female pundit/commentator.  It seems too easy to single them out.  When you can basically count on one hand the amount of decent male pundits we regularly see on the likes of Sky, BBC and BT/TNT. 

Just now, wormy said:

Definitely no excuse. I'm still disgusted at 16 year old me getting Owen on the gold shirt.

That's far worse, mind :lol:  I called him being a horrible little cunt and a bad signing from the get go.  I almost wish I had social media back then so I could have it on record.

On second thoughts, no I don't :lol: 16 year old me with a Twitter account.  Good God no.  

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

This was what I was saying the other day to someone.  When they were moaning about a particular female pundit/commentator.  It seems too easy to single them out.  When you can basically count on one hand the amount of decent male pundits we regularly see on the likes of Sky, BBC and BT/TNT. 

Right? Get Alex Scott off me screen. What I need is Michael Owen telling me the key to winning games is scoring goals. :lol:

1 minute ago, Pixelphish said:

Mental break, or decided to go down the Katie Hopkins route?

I doubt he's deciding to go down any route. Like he says, he's earned enough money to be able to say whatever he likes, I doubt it's anything particularly strategic.